Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Juni
    I'm crit>haste>mastery seeing as I'm arms for every fight.
    Go Crit > Mastery > Haste. Better for ST and AoE. New math, things changed a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely happy with my DPS, looking strong going into heroics.
    Nakkiz of Memento <EU-Frostwhisper>

I'm happy being able to play Arms, slam hitting as hard as rb pretty cool

Was just getting tired of playing as Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Go Crit > Mastery > Haste. Better for ST and AoE. New math, things changed a bit.
    i think collision said that priority only changes after set bonus? maybe i misread

Quote Originally Posted by Masochist View Post
    I'm happy being able to play Arms, slam hitting as hard as rb pretty cool

Was just getting tired of playing as Fury

i think collision said that priority only changes after set bonus? maybe i misread
    I was up all night with him looking at this stuff before it was posted here.
    Mastery is beast until you reach its effective cap, depending on gear, somewhere around 17-20k. As your second Secondary stat, you simply wont get to that point. For reference at 554 ilvl as SMF Fury, I have about 17k Crit, which is my best secondary Stat.
    Haste on the other hand, is pretty close to Mastery normally and even surpasses at a few strange intervals. It does some really quirky things at very specific amounts of it, based on how much Mastery you have and seemingly weapon damage. Its so strange (and seemingly random) though, that it isn't at all work even trying to map it out.

The set bonus and Mastery have almost no interaction anymore since OS no longer procs Colossal Rage. Which is a beast set bonus btw. 25 rage during a CS doesn't sound like much I know, but during our Garrosh kill I used CS 38 times and got a whooping 935 rage from it! Mortal Strike by comparison only gave me 640.

10+ Year Old Account
    On that note arch--is there some type of weird scaling going on between arms and fury? It seems that currently at 554 ilvl equipped, I am simming 12k higher as arms than TG fury. Granted my OH for fury is 543 Zerat. Am I missing something?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Orczz/simple for reference

Yeah, I saw Collision's post and have changed it afterwards ^^

Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    On that note arch--is there some type of weird scaling going on between arms and fury? It seems that currently at 554 ilvl equipped, I am simming 12k higher as arms than TG fury. Granted my OH for fury is 543 Zerat. Am I missing something?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Orczz/simple for reference
    On my phone so not looking at your profile for anything missing and can't run simcraft (that would be nice! Lol) but Arms single target is very close to Fury at ~550ilvl. Fury pulls ahead more as ilvl increases.
    I know personally at 554ilvl for both sets, both using the same gear, with 549 weapons I am only about 9k dps higher as Fury (SMF) than Arms.
    When I swap to TG, 549/543 weapons I only lose about 1k dps, so I am not sure why your change is that big. I imagine something in your Fury set is not optimized correctly? Maybe you didn't reforge and missed a cap somewhere? Or talents didn't change but I doubt that is 12k!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Armory says you are using Bladestorm and Bloodbath as Fury. I know your not a dumb guy but possible you overlooked this? I did the same thing first time I simmed as TG.

10+ Year Old Account
    not too bad. once people get their 2pc it will ramp up. Our warriors were not doing too terrible. Arms > fury seems tho

Fury is better for ST, hands down, though the gap is small at lower gear levels and at a low enough level (500ilvl and below?) Arms is better just from reliability.
    Arms is better AoE and sustained cleave. Sadly not too many fights take true advantage of this but the ones that do it's pretty nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    On my phone so not looking at your profile for anything missing and can't run simcraft (that would be nice! Lol) but Arms single target is very close to Fury at ~550ilvl. Fury pulls ahead more as ilvl increases.
    I know personally at 554ilvl for both sets, both using the same gear, with 549 weapons I am only about 9k dps higher as Fury (SMF) than Arms.
    When I swap to TG, 549/543 weapons I only lose about 1k dps, so I am not sure why your change is that big. I imagine something in your Fury set is not optimized correctly? Maybe you didn't reforge and missed a cap somewhere? Or talents didn't change but I doubt that is 12k!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Armory says you are using Bladestorm and Bloodbath as Fury. I know your not a dumb guy but possible you overlooked this? I did the same thing first time I simmed as TG.
    This was because I was Bladestorming the ads on Hellscream. I was switching between fury/arms on our longer attempts to see which would be better. When I simmed, it was DR/BB (didn't try SB)

Edit: I agree it is odd. I have got to be missing something.
    Last edited by sjsctt; 2013-09-17 at 04:08 PM.

So with the sweeping strikes nerf is fury/arms pretty much equal now?

10+ Year Old Account
    First night in heroic and I was top the whole night on Immersus as Fury and as Arms by a large margin. Went fury by the end of the night and ended up killing it as Fury. The adds died fast enough so I wanted better ST on Immersus. I found that to be better utilizing for the raid as a whole. End up at like 250ish

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it was so easy for of a fight though, I took pleasure in cheezing the ads. I can't decide what build to use on protectors. We kept making it to around the 8.5 minute mark. I was getting 10-25k better dps as arms, but i feel like as melee, pushing ST may be the way to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Yeah, it was so easy for of a fight though, I took pleasure in cheezing the ads. I can't decide what build to use on protectors. We kept making it to around the 8.5 minute mark. I was getting 10-25k better dps as arms, but i feel like as melee, pushing ST may be the way to go.
    You just ahve to base the dps on when ur next to another boss to where you can cleave both down, in turn making each transition to 66% and 33% shorter. OR purely focusing one down with Fury and SB. It is just a judgement call on what you think needs to happen. I would honestly go Arms bc I think the benefits of cleave would outweight the straight ST. The ST for Arms plus its cleave would probably give you more of a boost. Def Arms if you have 2 piece.

Not at all. Which is the reason I'm posting a bunch, so I can attach links and ask for help in the sticky. I suppose I could also work with Arms and ask about that.

I feel like I'm a bit lower than I should be on a couple of fights, but that might be because the people ahead of me have already gotten weapon upgrades. Really can't wait to go TG...

I see a lot of people being happy with their damage, but honestly I feel we're a little underwhelming in comparison to other classes (provided they're players of around equal skill). I think the damage will pick up with better weapons / cdr trinket so that SB can be used within every CS, but right now with just mainly ToT gear I find ST damage as not the greatest when compared to other classes on progression. The exception being attempts with huge uptime on feather procs, and even then other classes tend to be ahead.

Not sure if others feel the same way though, it's definitely better than last tier just not as great as people seem to be making out either. I'm generally with skilled locks/boomkins/mages/rogues/hunters, so perhaps that's not helping my perception either.

As of now it feels we're low. Maybe it's bias for being in Duality where everyone is a good player and in a PERFECT situation I can burst 700k~ while everyone else facerolls their way to 800-1m.