10+ Year Old Account

Xsplit and Warcraft

Firstly, I do hope this lands in the right section.

Secondly, does anyone else have an issue, where Xsplit shows only a black screen when you have used "add-game" functionality? I also asked the same question in Xsplit forums, but there the guys seem to take too long to reply....

After the new Xsplit update, all I get is black screen when I have game open. Haven't change nothing in WoW config nor in Xsplit one.

I have 64bit Win7
    Running WoW in 32bit mode w/ DX9 windowed mode.

I have tried installing the older version of Xsplit back, restarts in between, re-installing the new version, having WoW run in 64-bit version, have launched the app before startimg WoW, while WoW is running (tabbing in and out of game as usual to make it appear on the preview screen).
    It worked fine before I updated the program. (Works when I select screen region as well, but I don't want to use screen region).

Any help or suggestion what I can try?

Deleted
    I will recommand you http://obsproject.com/, far better software than xsplit.
    You will find an exe for 32 bits games and another for 64 bits games.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't mind giving OBS a try, but since I've paid for Xsplit... Don't really want to let my "investment" go to waste, that's why I am seeking help. But thanks for the suggestion though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually how I do it and its working fine (I'm paid myself)

1. kick off xsplit
    2. load wow
    3. alt tab click add game "wow"
    4. stretch the feed to cover the whole screen
    5. if you alt tab back in and alt tab back out you should see a screencap of what you were looking at.
    6. Broadcast away!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well for letting is sit as it was almost a day, it magically started working again...

And that is what I usually do Misen (Xsplit has done this to me before), but in my case I did the same steps, but still get the black screen, which is annoying to say the least.

Meh, OBS is still a better software in that it's freeware, provides about the same quality and uses far less CPU.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Good ideas I just started useing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway I solved my 2 issues.
    In order to get picture for stream. I will have to run game > Xsplit > FRAPS
    For closing FRAP > Xsplit, if the game is open...

Once my time runs out I will try the OBS out.