View Poll Results: Your thoughts

Voters
1322. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm Horde and I hate it

    197 14.90%
  • I'm Horde and I like it

    705 53.33%
  • I'm Alliance and I hate it

    78 5.90%
  • I'm Alliance and I like it

    342 25.87%
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ...
25
33
34
35
36
LastLast
  1. #681
    The Alliance follows the humans, more or less, and the humans in Azeroth rule by blood right. In the Horde, they follow the Warchief, and the Warchief rules by might. Vol'jin's revolution found the allies needed to dethrone Garrosh. What we basically saw in that cinematic was a symbolic display of submission, not only by Thrall but by all other likely challengers for that rule by might, they all take their turn to "bare their throats" to him, if you will. Popular sovereignty really isn't a factor among the races of Azeroth.

  2. #682
    Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    Vol'jin Warchief? The same guy that sat his lazy ass out due to "injuries" while I went on quests to obtain the Divine Bell and all this other shit while he sent mail: "I'll let you handle this one, II need me rest" Useless prick. If there's no glory given back to the Orcs that didn't blindly follow Garrosh then Alliance will be my faction of choice.
    He was almost killed in that scenario, you know how much mage food you have to eat to recover 500+ million health? It takes awhile!

  3. #683
    "Shadows of the Horde" isn't a great book, or a long one, but it does clarify that there was a bit more to Vol'jin's absence than just letting us do all the work.

  4. #684
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    As much as I don't have a problem with Vol'Jin being warchief, I do agree with this, it seemed a little sudden and kinda like Thrall had more to do with it than the other leaders, not sure whether the Bows to him were out of respect or just that they couldn't be bothered to argue with Thrall, especially Sylvanas, Lor'themar and Gallywix. Probably just because it would have taken too much cinematic time otherwise, but I would have liked to see a little more dialogue or debating between the other leaders.
    I figured that:

    -Lor'themar was sympathetic to the rebellion, respected Vol'jin and was probably just as happy to have a reasonable Warchief and not have to try to take over the whole Horde himself. Hell that would've been pretty messed up, it would probably not be welcomed by the Horde in Kalimdor and he'd be trying to rule the Horde and Silvermoon at the same time... and remember he still considers himself just the regent.

    -Sylvanas certainly prefers Vol'jin or any other Thrall ally to Garrosh (who was openly antagonistic to her and her goals). Seriously doubt she had any designs on the throne of her own (to her the Horde is an alliance of convenience), probably views the whole rebellion as a welcome distraction from her actions in Lordaeron. And well, who knows what schemes she has cooking up? We'll have to wait and see.

    -Gallywix, well it's not like anyone cares what he thinks, he doffs his hat because it pays to be nice to the new boss. He probably laid money on the next warchief being Vol'jin before he turned up in the room anyway :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    Yeah I know Baine, Thrall and Vol'jin are all buds, that's why I left them out, it makes sense that they would almost instantly accept the decision. Not sure, surely the other 3 together could have a small say, still, like I said, no massive biggy, was just a little weird to see them bowing almost straight away. Also, was there no Horde pandaren representitive there? Ji firepaw is the only one?
    Isn't Ji Firepaw the leader of the Huojin Pandaren, ie the Horde's Pandaren racial leader? I don't remember exactly who was there, but Taran Zhu was there to represent the Shado-Pan and all of Garrosh's victims in Pandaria. Chen was there somewhere I assume? He was involved in the Barrens campaign at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  5. #685
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Nah, of all the Horde leadership only Saurfang and Voljin are fit to be Warchief. Saurfang because he is Saurfang, and Voljin because he is one of the 3 original leaders of the New Horde. Thrall resigned the position, Cairne is dead, Voljin is still around, he is qualified and he earned it. Thrall failed big time with Garrosh by appointing him, and by not preventing Theramore despite Jaina's pleas. Voljin stepped up and brought the Horde back from the brink of collapse from within.
    One of the 'three original leaders' of the new Horde?
    What the fuck is that bullshit? Why is everything after them suddenly not the 'original new Horde' any more?
    I have a feeling most of the Horde player hate against Voljin comes from butthurt Belfs who wanted their boy Theron to be the Warchief. Which would have been a horrible idea by any measure.
    No.
    Most hate comes from people who are trolling and acting as if they removed Orcs from the game.
    Maybe you might want to open your eyes and actually read the thread?

  6. #686
    Grunt
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Harrisburg, PA
    Posts
    18
    I guess he will do. I was waiting for Sylvanas to go crazy in the background though.

  7. #687
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    He was almost killed in that scenario, you know how much mage food you have to eat to recover 500+ million health? It takes awhile!
    No mage in the party, he had to wait for bandage CDs :S

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    One of the 'three original leaders' of the new Horde?
    What the fuck is that bullshit? Why is everything after them suddenly not the 'original new Horde' any more?
    Well... they aren't original New Horde in the sense that Warcraft III "Horde" was Orcs, Trolls and Tauren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  8. #688
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    12,989
    In that case Tauren aren't original Jorde in the sense that Warcraft 3, mission 2, was about Orcs and Trolls
    My point is that you cannot just draw a line and say: "From this point I call it original because that suits my argument the best!"

  9. #689
    The Patient Soulscorch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Const' Angeles, Romania
    Posts
    324
    Vol'jin is the perfect choice. If u remember he was part of the ones that conquered Durotar and laid the foundation for the horde's new home.

    I was expecting either him or Rexxar because it's fair lore-wise, and with Vol'jin being like the new reality show star in Pandaria yeh... predictable.

  10. #690
    horde just went from being badass in vanilla to being a complete joke/hipster hangout faction.
    next expansion my axe will serve the alliance.

  11. #691
    Here's to hoping that Vol'jin's first order of business is to remove his paddle boats from Stormwind Harbor.

    They attract flies.

  12. #692
    Quote Originally Posted by Salted Beef View Post
    Here's to hoping that Vol'jin's first order of business is to remove his paddle boats from Stormwind Harbor.

    They attract flies.
    You made me LOL.

    I award you +1 internet.

  13. #693
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    because you know every roleplayer don't you? Think you got the delusional arrow the wrong way around.
    Rock solid syllogism there brother. By your logic the census bureau is full of shit.

  14. #694
    Scarab Lord Grubjuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Spook central
    Posts
    4,137
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    In that case Tauren aren't original Jorde in the sense that Warcraft 3, mission 2, was about Orcs and Trolls
    My point is that you cannot just draw a line and say: "From this point I call it original because that suits my argument the best!"


    i think from now we should spell it Jorde!
    yeah the distinction is arbitrary, also like trying to parse the difference between the alliance before, during and after the third war as well.

    Remember, Night Elves are not Alliance. they are just, you know, enemies of the Orcs invading Ashenvale. and the enemies of their enemies are their allies.
    .


    When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

  15. #695
    The Insane GennGreymane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Master Suite at 10 Downing ST. SW. AZ. 11111
    Posts
    16,820
    Your new leader was trolled by a lvl 12 elite for 6 years. He needed divine intervention to end his coconut trolling.

  16. #696
    Vol'jin, and Thrall, has always been my leaders. Always loved the trolls, and was hoping for the Zandalari to join the Horde before the whole Zandalari storyline in Cata/MoP.
    Even as it is, i fucking love Vol'jin standing up to both his leaders, the Zandalari and the Horde, and i really hope they give him some nice screentime in the next expansion.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gozzu View Post
    Vol'jin, and Thrall, has always been my leaders. Always loved the trolls, and was hoping for the Zandalari to join the Horde before the whole Zandalari storyline in Cata/MoP.
    Even as it is, i fucking love Vol'jin standing up to both his leaders, the Zandalari and the Horde, and i really hope they give him some nice screentime in the next expansion.
    Been playing Alliance throughout MoP, but im gonna reroll Horde any day now.

  17. #697
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Nice Draenei avatar, did you know that Draenei are members of the Alliance? And because of that your opinion to what the Horde should and shouldn't be is irrelevant?
    Not sure if trolling or incredibly stupid. You know it's a video game, right? And the fact that you're taking it so seriously is pretty laughable.

    inb4 "ur avatar is a worgen gtfo"

  18. #698
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Me neither, I don't hate Vol'jin. It's just that the Warchief has always been an orc since it is a carry over from when orcs were the Horde after the clans were united under a single leader. I would have preferred Varok Saurfang (Nazgrim would have been better but blizz decided to kill him off) or even Nazgrel.

    But with the way the last few patches have been, it was either going to be Vol'jin or Lor'themar. And Vol'jin was the more likely of the two.
    I thinks that's the problem. having an orc traditionally rule the horde is nearly just like saying orcs are superior and that all other races are subservient to us. Now that Vol'jin is the new warchief the horde can finally be about equally among the races. For good or for ill the horde even now that it has become weakend by Garroshs bullshit, it's stronger that ever before.

    The problem with the Alliance is that there is little to no tension between the race's and that Humans are still the main ruler instead of it being an correlation of different races. there is also little closeness between the newer races. the night elf's, Draenei, Pandaren, and to a lesser extent the Worgen/Gilnean because to the fact the alliance is human dominated. Also the they are way too passive(although Varian has said he will change that) and all only care about their own causes and only help each other went their interests are mutual; Alliance want to kill the horde, the dwarfs are just tag alongs with the humans, the gormes are too obsessed with thinkering and recapturing their capital,the night elf only want to secure their territory, the Draenei are perparing for the next fight with the legion, the Worgen are only interested in saving their home and killing all the forsaken and the Pandaren are doing shit in BOTH faction's. The Alliance is not united in a common goal noir it seek to strengthen the relations between is races. bIn addition none of the Alliance have apart form Jaina until mop have ever been willing to agree to a ceasefire or being wholehearthingly be will to have better relations with the horde and Anduin in my eyes just gas compared to the old Jaina. If the Alliance really desired peace they both be smart enough to see that this was a set up at the Wrath gate in Wotlk instead of blaming the horde. they see themselves as the paragon of justice but are in fact lazy and warmongering and vain bastards who cant see the wrong's of their way's and because of that the alliance haven't progress but rather regressed especially due to Jaina no following in her father's footsteps now.

    But don't get me wrong I am slandering the alliance as the bad and the horde as good although I will say that the horde is now a lighter shade of black now, because as Vol'jin says best: the horde is a family, but the alliance is the alliance. However the horde themselves have brought a lot of shit on themselves: Sylvanas while being a badass is pushing the limit of the atrocities she can get away with, considering the attacks on gilneas, and the goblins are not doing well for themselves; destroying forests and pissing off the Nelf's. But the Big one in my books was Thrall appointing garrosh as his successor. Thrall may have saved the world twice but he nearly destroyed it by letting Garrosh becoming warchief. all of garrosh's actions are thrall's action's and because of that, the two are on my shit list.

    But the real question is if all this fighting in mop was an Blessing in disguise or just the horde finally getting their act together be they destroyed themselves.
    Last edited by Goradan; 2014-04-06 at 02:43 PM.
    Power never corrupts but it brings out ones true self. Think about that for a moment.

  19. #699
    The Lightbringer Ciddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    3,343
    I'm Alliance (well....like 90% Alliance, as I do have some Horde characters I mess around with) and am pretty indifferent. I love Vol'jin as a character. I was also hoping for a non-Orc Warchief because I really want the story to move away from this whole "Warchief and the Orcs vs High King and the Humans, fuck everyone else" thing, so I'm happy enough.

    I was actually hoping Thrall would decide to take the job back, but his character has changed far too much since his Warchief days. He has a wife and kid, higher duty to Azeroth, etc, so I doubt we'll see him go back to his old black plate wearing Warrior self.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

  20. #700
    Pandaren Monk Of-the-horde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Frankfurt am Main
    Posts
    1,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Erdnalak View Post
    Not sure if trolling or incredibly stupid. You know it's a video game, right? And the fact that you're taking it so seriously is pretty laughable.

    inb4 "ur avatar is a worgen gtfo"
    Don't be the guy who necro's a thread from last september.

    On topic Vol'jin for life.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •