Poll: Your thoughts

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I didn't hate it, I am a tad disappointed because I thought it would be someone we didn't expect lol.

Otherwise I'm fine with Vol'jin being warchief, I wish Vol'jin would of killed Varian when he stuck his sword in the ground. Then have horde kill off the Alliance there, now that would be epic. I still miss Garrosh though in all honesty, I guess now we just hold hands and kiss bunnies and rainbows will appear out of no where now lol.

very disapointed to have a warchief who has never done a single heroic thing , begs for help from alliance , gets stabbed by random goons and couldn't even retake few islands.

Sad day for horde

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    The current storytellers are most likely the same ones that made the "epic" lore when Thrall was Warchief. Thrall being Warchief didn't make the lore epic. It was how it was written and handled. Thrall got boring after we had him shoved in our faces so much. You don't need Thrall to have good story lines. It just needs to be handled and executed correctly. Which is why this expansion's lore has been fantastic, imo.

Thrall would literally be a safer and more boring choice than people claim Vol'jin to be. Thrall has had his time, he's moved on. This cinematic proves he doesn't even want the title.

People complain the lore is shit and then they want the exact same things to happen all the time. Lore must move forward and progress, not have one step forward and 2 more backwards. How else can you get new things happening? New bad guys to want to kill or even route for? New heroes to stand with or kill?
    With no new lore, the game would be the most stale thing ever. MoP has given us loads of new lore and, despite peoples blindness caused by "lolpandas", it's been fantastic. It's what WoW needed because it gives possibilities for the future of the story. Not the same, boringly repetitive stuff from WC3 onwards. (Because apparently any lore not in WC3 isn't really lore to some people...)
    well put I agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shonvel View Post
    very disapointed to have a warchief who has never done a single heroic thing , begs for help from alliance , gets stabbed by random goons and couldn't even retake few islands.

Sad day for horde
    pretty much this.

He couldn't even liberate his people from garrosh, Thrall had to do that for him.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Hail Vol'jin, Warchief of the Horde! /bow

Horde, hate it, terrible writing.

Not the first time Thrall has been disappointed in Garrosh, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...RFT2DqZo#t=211

Absolutely hate it. Vol'jin is a terrible character devoid of personality. I would have even taken Lor'themar over this garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Horde, and I love it.

Can't wait to see what Vol'jin's got in that bag of tricks for next expansion.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I like the choice. I just wish the Alliance had a say in who it was. Hell it didn't even seen like the Alliance even allowed there to be a Warchief like what was advertised by Blizz.

I see a trend in the poll....granted a small sample but I think it may be representative of how a majority feel. We will see as it continues. Besides I think most of these forums serve as a medium for extreme opinions that a healthy amount of the player base doesn't bother with because they enjoy how the story has unfolded. No reason to gripe or complain when you are satisfied. Seriously though read through the first few pages of comments.... a majority of them all have the same opinion with hard convictions on why it should be x,y,z way. Yet if everyone felt so compelled to share their disappointment wouldnt it be reflected in the poll? Just a small group screaming louder than the happy majority. Sorry all.

Quote Originally Posted by Haytham View Post
    I don't hate Vol'jin. But they made the most obvious and lame choice they could make.

Not impressed at all,was expecting something more interesting.
    Oh, yes.

If they chose Baine or Gamon you would have had your plot twist... but surprise, it would have made no sense!

Vol'Jin was the best. As Thrall said, he kept the Horde united.

As horde player; It's not that i dislike Vol'jin, it's just that i dislike trolls in general. Orcs FTW.

Vol'jin with his current model leading orc soldiers feels like this guy in this getup leading an army regiment.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Vol'jin with his current model leading orc soldiers feels like this guy in this getup leading an army regiment.
    Venice beach, man! Maybe our capital will move to the Echo Isles! it will be like paradise!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vol'jin has literally done nothing making him worthy of this title.

He made a rebellion, woo, well, he wasn't able to rescue his people. Even when he returned to sen'jin, he just stood by well Thrall and Chen faught off the kor'kohn.
    You know who it was fighting to take back undercity in wrath days well vol'jin sat outside and did nothing? Thrall and Sylvanas.

For years, Vol'jins done nothing but stand around in grommash hold. He's not done anything worthy to validate this. And honestly, all this feels like it was done for shock value, almost as if the devs were saying 'here, we're show you we can choose someone else beside an orc', and thats it.

Maybe if the developers had spent more time developing him over the years, instead of just paying a writer to write a novel for him, and claim that as development (which from all accounts, it had nothing in it as far as development went for vol'jin) then maybe I might have felt far less diappointed in this.
    Seriously, Rexxar has done more for the horde then vol'jin.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Some would say Vol'jin threatening Garrosh, surviving his throat being slit and leading the charge on Garrosh would be quite epic. But for you, because the writers had not bothered to write any lore for him until this expansion, he isn't worth bothering with? That's exactly my point about lore progressing. They wrote lore for him so that he can be Warchief and have epic lore down the line. Lor'themar didn't really do anything until this expansion but people would have liked him as Warchief because of what he's done in MoP alone. Vol'jin can become epic through storytelling. You just have to let it happen.
    Lol, you think Vol'jin surviving a murdering attempt WITH HELP is epic?

And yes, a character that only has development in one expansion out of 3 + vanilla + RTS doesnt deserve to be the leader of the Horde in my opinion.
    Specially when you have a fully developed, epic character that was the best leader the Horde had in all its history standing right next to him...

- - - Updated - - -

Sad day for horde
    This is what i am talking about.

We keep getting Warchiefs that dont deserve the position when we have the perfect one right there.
    Thrall always was, is, and will be my true Warchief. Garrosh and Vol'jin werent/arent.

I'm atleast glad its not Thrall, but Vol'jin is basically a Thrall 2.0, with the only difference him being a troll instead of an orc...

Would've loved Saurfang as the new warchief. Where was he anyway?

Sad day for horde
    ^ This, so much this

Frost Blood Elf Death Knight - Zul'jin

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde =/= Orcs

What you want is WC1 Orcs vs Humans. There are 13 playable races not 2. There is no reason why Voljin would not be a badass leader more so than Thrall or anyone else would have been.

Moral of the Story is....Troll the master race