[Resto] Proving Grounds Gold

So bronze and silver were easy as pie.

I'm having probs with Gold. Wave 5/6 is where I tend to loose someone. Is there way to get the mellee and range to stack for Healing Rain and Spirit Link?
    Any other tips would be appreciated if anyone has done this on Live (not ptr).

- - - Updated - - -

Ok.. haha managed to do it!

Secret was to pop lust when shit got intense around wave 5/6 =))

15+ Year Old Account
    Grats! Glad you got it figured out!

What build were you using?
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Grats! Glad you got it figured out!

What build were you using?
    Glyph of Chaining is very helpful.
    Totemic Persistence and Unleashed Fury are handy as well.

Other than that I didn't find anything else which is particularly needed =)

I found using Windshear is key. Stop the bug from casting the AoE and the Pyroblasts from the Youngul(Sp?) Use Capacitor Totem help stun the bigger groups. Use Fire totems to help AoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakers01 View Post
    Those damn liberal colleges! Can you believe they brainwash people into thinking murder is wrong! And don't get me started with all that critical thinking bullshit!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I'm being trickled on from above. Wait that's not money.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    I found using Windshear is key. Stop the bug from casting the AoE and the Pyroblasts from the Youngul(Sp?) Use Capacitor Totem help stun the bigger groups. Use Fire totems to help AoE.
    I agree. I'm playing ele and managed to do Healing Gold in resto within ~7 tries. The point for me was to use a lot of wind shear/capacitor and LB glyph to regen mana. The second I run out of mana (I guess it was ~7 wave) I pulled BL, FE and Stormlash and finished wave ~15 s before next one appeared hence I had plenty time to regen myself (Mana Tide was ready for this moment). I used glyphs of chaining, telluric currents and HST i guess. Talents UE+Call of Elements for emergency HST + Rushing Flows.

I was able to do it on my first try with a professions only alt (no enchants, few gems, less than ideal itemization).

Keeping HST on CD, using Hex, Wind Shear, Grounding and Capacitor made the difference I think. I also had Telluric (enjoy the playstyle) and towards the very end (wave 9-10) I was really low on mana so if I had to do it again I'd get a little more spirit.

Also UF is a good option since it increases the efficiency of heals.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

I would like to hear some advice regarding glyphs, talents and CD planning from someone who has made it to 30 on endless mode or higher. I'm running out of mana around wave 16-17

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    I would like to hear some advice regarding glyphs, talents and CD planning from someone who has made it to 30 on endless mode or higher. I'm running out of mana around wave 16-17
    Likewise, Ive pretty much gem'd full spirit in every socket, unless it is a good spirit bonus. I am using DMC trinket and spirits of the sun, and have spirit Meta as the Legendary meta doesnt work and I need more spirit, although I am finding my heals dont hit as hard. Considering specing into Unleashed Fury for better Tank heals, but Primal Ele is really good to DPS down the adds quicker so there is no overlap of waves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranged View Post
    I spent the weekend banging my head on wave 10. Found this, looks like they're broken for the moment, found a tread on the bug forums.

SNIP:
    The NPCs are not doing any AoE. Previously they would, the most notable being the mage who would go into melee range to use Arcane Explosion. Now that they only use single-target damage, mobs die too slowly and waves overlap.

Because of the previous point, the 8th wave of every 10 rounds is a mess. As the previous wave is still alive, the NPCs are on the other side of the room fighting and will not interrupt the 4 adds summoning waves. This results in a room full of fire on the ground and hard to get through without a raid CD or draining your mana down the sewer.

Water was either nerfed or "fixed". Previously, drinking was possible in the small downtime after every 10th wave, and the water would also fill your bar swiftly in a matter of seconds. Due to the lower DPS, you barely have a few seconds to drink now; previously that wouldn't be much of an issue as water would refill your mana quick, but now the next round of waves starts before you can fill your mana bar

On another note, the tank does not seem to be applying Weakened Blows to targets through Thunderclap. I am unsure if this is intended, though. Shaman can use Earth Shock to compensate for this, and is quite valuable against the big mogu adds but still can be rather expensive.

Oh, one more thing. Previously I never found the bleed to be a real issue because it would vanish itself after clearing all the mobs of the vermin wave that put the debuffs IF they were killed before the next wave timer started. Whether this was intended or not I do not know, but it allowed me to triage the bleed as it would disappear the moment I entered the downtime between waves. Now that waves are chaining into each other, the bleed can't be cheesed this way.

/SNIP

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the tips in here. I am working on gold, will be going on my 3rd attempt today.