Deleted

Achivement Whore Youtube Go or No?

Hey guys, since im Pretty much an Achivement whore and i wanna get better at Video editing

I tought about making youtube videos on how to Solo certain Achivements for example like Alysrazor, Malygos, Yogg Saron
    Jenkins title where to get wich Rep mount etc etc.

I know theres a couple of videos out there like that but most of them are not commentated or/and in not the best Video quality

Im planing making audio comment for every Guide

So guys gimme ure feedback would u Enjoy having/seeing sumthing like this or do u find it rather useless to create such content.

PEACE

I agree there are many solo videos, but they are not guides. I personally never liked achievements, but have a go and see how it works out, it's all about the way you commentate really. I have seen some wannabe guides with terrible voiceover which ruins everything.

I make a lot of youtube videos, and it sounds like a pretty good idea. I personally don't bother with achievements (more of a PvPer really) but I'm pretty sure there would be some people that would want to see guides on how to solo the more difficult achievements. Just make sure to have good quality audio/video and I'm sure it'll be fine.

Deleted
    Ive also tought about pvp guides wich would Include how to improve in Arena etc gearing gemming and so on
    But in the other hand those videos would most likely only apply for like 1 patch since blizzard is really changing the game alot with almost each patch example removal of Pvp resil on pvp gear and that its not viable on gems anymore and that pvp power basicly sucks compared to main stats like int str and agility mathwise.

But this would also lead into like a series but wat todo with the outdated videos? only thing u could do is make annotations on the old video that a new guide is out
    Theres also sumthing amazing to me about Pvp guides on youtube many guides are really completly wrong wich kinda bothers me because i feel bad for the guy who maybe just got into arena and Wachtes a complete incorrect guide about gemming speccing macros for a rogue for example from like a guy whose highest arena achivement is 1750.

I agree with rinleezwins i might jus give it a shot and see if people are enjoying it or disliking

Btw guys u can also give Ideas wich content would be intressting for u to see on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by done View Post
    So guys gimme ure feedback would u Enjoy having/seeing sumthing like this or do u find it rather useless to create such content.
    Instead of individual achievements.
    Why not create achievement videos per dungeon?

Eg. Dungeon achievement videos for WotLK that count towards Glory.
    Giving the brief details of what you need to do/avoid in the achievement.
    You can even solo most of ICC10 man and get those achievements

I think that would help alot of people that are just starting up now and looking to get themselves a new mount.
    Would also make your Video list more organized going per dungeon.

Or Videos of looting all the grey Rares around Pandria in a short time.
    Since that is a quick 2k-ish gold for any new alt.

-------
    Edit
    -------

Timeless chest locations.
    That achievement was brutal without a video guide

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinezor View Post
    -------
    Edit
    -------

Timeless chest locations.
    That achievement was brutal without a video guide
    I got all chests on first day, didn't look at any guides, i just found them.
    Not hard tbh
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I got all chests on first day, didn't look at any guides, i just found them.
    Not hard tbh
    Congrats.
    Now if you read the original post.
    It is ideas for a video guide

Deleted
    I like the idea I have been thinking the same thing but My computer is soooo bad that it would not be able to record while playing

Deleted
    If you can give some information that's not currently available, or put it in an easier to use / more helpful format then I say go for it Seems like it could be pretty useful to me, I wouldn't use it at this point in time myself, but if I was going to look for a guide, I'd go to youtube and I'd want one that was well commentated and explained. I prefer text explanations on screen as well as an audio dialogue personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I prefer text explanations on screen as well as an audio dialogue personally.
    Still images with marked area's of the spell effect that you are looking for or have to avoid drawn in as a simple and easily seen shape with a brief description as to why to avoid or stand in the marked area.

As well as Debuff/Buff icons used in a zoom type effect to full screen icon image.

The simpler the better.
    I for 1 like a simple picture showing what i must avoid and a text overlay saying "DONT STAND IN THIS" or "STAND IN THIS"
    And the debuff/buff image to know what 'dangerous' debuff i should watch out for.

On boss or on self

Deleted
    how to get the achievements and such, what to do and what not to do would make those vids pretty good, there are some out there, but they are usually too low quality or they explain something with alot of txt on the screen so you have to stop the vid to watch what is written. maybe you can explain what needs to be done, do it and then maybe go back in slow motion as so people can see what you do ^^

good luck with them anyway and maybe sometime soon ill be watching your guides =3

This is a bit late, but I would say go for it.
    I would probably watch it.