Possible bug with Bonus Rolls for Warlocks & Mages

I've discovered that Warlocks and Mages do not seem to be eligible to recieve any Staff from Siege of Orgimmar normal mode when using bonus rolls (Warforged Seals).

I can't actually be sure yet, but at the moment this looks to be the case. Can anyone confirm that they've won any Staff from Siege of Orgrimmar from bonus rolls in NORMAL mode?

I noticed there's at least one staff that's on the flex/lfr loot tables in the dungeon journal (one of the first four bosses, don't remember which) but not in the normal loot table
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I've discovered that Warlocks and Mages do not seem to be eligible to recieve any Staff from Siege of Orgimmar normal mode when using bonus rolls (Warforged Seals).
    How have you discovered this?

I had reason to believe this as well. When you look at look at Sha of Pride through the filter of a mage you only see the chest token and the Droplet of Y'Shaarj (the pet) but when you look at all loot there is a staff, Gaze of Arrogance, with secondary stats of Mastery and Critical Strike.

15+ Year Old Account
    A bug report to Blizzard would probably do you more good than here. :P
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    Our warlock got the heirloom staff off garrosh. But I don't think anyone tried to coin normal outside of trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by Mizzet View Post
    How have you discovered this?
    If you look at the dungeon journal the only staff listed for those classes is the heirloom staff off Garrosh.

When a Shadow Priest looked at it he could see the staves just fine.

I reported this weeks ago on the PTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Harsesis View Post
    I reported this weeks ago on the PTR.
    Me too.

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    If you look at the dungeon journal the only staff listed for those classes is the heirloom staff off Garrosh.

When a Shadow Priest looked at it he could see the staves just fine.
    It's not just the Dungeon Journal, there are other sources too. Basically, every item has a list of specs assigned to it to determine who can win it through personal loot, and from what I can see all normal mode Staves (except the heirloom) do not list Mages or Warlocks as eligible looters.

It could just be a data error, there's no real way to know unless someone can confirm they've won a staff from coin rolls in normal mode.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2013-09-14 at 12:57 PM.

Well, back in t14, Warlocks (and I think mages ?) were winning a spirit weapon, and it was listed in the dungeon journal for us.

I imagine the dungeon journal just reflects the internal tag on the item. Anyone know of a thread on the official forums that already exists for this ? For Live, I mean

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Well, back in t14, Warlocks (and I think mages ?) were winning a spirit weapon, and it was listed in the dungeon journal for us.
    This may or may not have been intentional. Given it's a weapon, and most of the stats/upgrade come from the spellpower, a spirit weapon can easily be an upgrade if it's higher ilvl.

Anyway try make bug report indeed. ToT also didn't have staves available for elemental shamans which got fixed later. And apearantly the 2h strength mace (from nazgrim?) is viable for balance/elemental. =/

Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    This may or may not have been intentional.
    Well, they wound up removing it.

- - - Updated - - -

Found existing forum thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9963426512

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Mages and Warlocks now have a chance to obtain Gaze of Arrogance (Sha of Pride) and Lever of the Megantholithic Apparatus (Siegecrafter Blackfuse) through bonus rolls on Normal difficulty.
    Has now been hotfixed.