Wireless controller issues while playing FF XIV

I'm currently playing the PC version of Final Fantasy XIV. I've got my system set up so that I can play on my 47'' HDTV, from the comfort of my recliner, so of course I needed a wireless controller, headset and keyboard. Occasionally, my character will run wildly out of control, or just stop responding to gamepad inputs for a space of a few seconds. This usually happens in crowded areas, or when I've recently zoned in. As a healer, I really can't afford to have this happen to me in raid situations, so I'm looking to get this fixed. My current hardware is:

Nvidia GTX 560
    Intel i7 2.66
    2 1TB WD Caviar Black HDDs
    Asus Sabertooth x58 Motherboard
    6GB RAM
    my controller is http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-0...ess+controller

The game recommends at least a GTX 660, but before I assume that's the problem, and upgrading is the solution, I thought I'd consult with you all. Would graphical issues result in the kinds of problems I'm having? If it is, I'm fully ready to plunk down 600 bucks for a GTX 780. Hell, I've even been playing with the idea of spending 2500+ on a whole new rig all together.
    Final Fantasy XIV info= Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table
    WoW info= Gareth- Uldum Horde

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like your gamepad is losing connectivity. I have a logitech k400r which also has a tiny usb wireless receiver and it often behaves in the same manner as you are describing but with general computing tasks. If you are more then 6ft away from the receiver the gamepad is most likely at fault. That distance can be even less depending on wireless interference from other devices or if the signal has to pass through something like a couch, ottoman, etc.

Ya, I'm about 6-8 I'd say. Thanks for the info.
    Final Fantasy XIV info= Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table
    WoW info= Gareth- Uldum Horde