Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Your hand advantage is nominal, and outweighed by other more useful Hero Powers, your minion is usually dead before you play it (incredibly useful), and really only starts to stay alive long enough when you start getting a significant taunt minion. Only then you'll start finding it's use. At that point, most, if not all other hero powers will have had a significant outcome on the game, or at least a noticeable outcome. Even then, they are still easily disposable.
    So you're saying that your opponents spend either removal or their own minions to deal with your tokens, instead of going for your face (quite useful against a powerful coined minion, like Defias Ringleader or Feral Spirits) and you still have a problem with your Hero power. Really . The only class that can trade positively in that scenario is a Mage with Fireblast, and even then, you're still delaying their tempo.

At the end of the day, the problem is not that the Paladin deck is too weak, but rather that Shamans, Rogues and Druids are still too powerful compared to other Heroes.

I don't find the deck arguments very compelling.

Right now, EVERYONE has a 2 mana hero power, so essentially everyone has a turn 2 play that is mediocre but doesn't cost a card. This means you always have a two mana card in your hand. If all you drew was 1s and 3s, you likely can fully utilize your mana up until turn 7 or something.

I also don't find that "Shamans, Rogues, and Druids are still too powerful".

First, shamans have a similar issue to paladins. These abilities "win more". They help you when you are winning. An exception is the stoneclaw totem, who will often show up to the party unexpected and give your opponent a a bit of a hassle on the ground as he tries to sweep your side. That being said, the shaman ability IS better than the paladin one.

The rogue power is a rather hard one to claim is OP. I don't even get your logic. On one turn, it is the same as a mage power, except you obey combat rules and have to eat dick to deal your damage. If you already summoned your plinkable, then it lets you swing for two, again playing by combat rules. It can also be used to buff an existing weapon. The rogue power seems about right to me- lots of disadvantages, but some capabilities.

The druid power is good early game but late game seems lacking.

I think that the weakest power bracket is the warrior and the paladin. But the warrior deck is still defensible- paladin in general just seems to need buffs, and I'd prefer they do that on the hero power.

So a couple days ago I went 5 and 1 with a paladin for my daily. The deck was built with the idea of keeping the board empty then buffing minions for big DMG hits. The hero ability is very useful for clearing. Admittedly it could use a small buff, maybe give it charge, but its not nearly as bad as some of you think it is.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I also don't find that "Shamans, Rogues, and Druids are still too powerful".
    (…)
    I think that the weakest power bracket is the warrior and the paladin. But the warrior deck is still defensible- paladin in general just seems to need buffs, and I'd prefer they do that on the hero power.
    Your point being what exactly? I was talking about the decks as a whole, not just the respective Hero powers. Comparing them in a vacuum is useless, and I don't understand why people are still entertaining that idea.

The general consensus (from people that have been testing the game since Cockatrice) is that Shamans, Rogues and Druids are on an entirely different tier – and it clearly shows in the tournaments that have been played so far. Out of those three, the only Hero power that is blatantly overtuned is the Shaman totem system. The synergy of the totems with the rest of the deck is just too good. From Healing totem, to the combination of Wrath of Air and cheap removal. Shaman totems are not "win more", they're always good. Drop a Flametongue or a Bloodlust, and they go from good to 'WTF did just hit me?'.

While the Paladin power might seem undertuned on its own, it also has to be analysed in its context. You can drop Equality or Redemption, and use your token for removal without sacrificing anything in your hand (essentially a 1-1 trade), or you can buff it with Blessings. Not to mention they myriad of combos with cards like Knife Juggler.

And if you're telling me that Paladins are weaker Priests, then I don't know what to tell you. Heal is the definition of reactive play, and Mind Spike (Shadowform) is so bad, it's not even funny.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are crazy or don't know how to use the Hero Power. For 1, that 1/1 could easily be a 5/5 with blessing. What other Hero has that power? And that could be at what turn 3? There are so many neautral minions that give buffs to other minions too. Low cost even. Even if they kill your minion. They wasted mana and a card and you only wasted mana. Or at least you make them use 2 mana to clear when they had plans to do something else. I think his power is fine.