Poll: What Next Gen Console Are You Getting

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerLCD View Post
    The PS4 is not cheaper and and I'll explain why.

If you were to buy everything separately that the X1 already offers you actually end up spending more. Sure accessories and things like that are optional but most people will feel obligated to get them at some point. For example the X1 comes with a 4k HDMI cable something that would run you close $100 as where the ps4 comes with a standard hdmi cable that only supports up to 1080p. The X1 comes with kinect valued at $150 and of course the superior controller, and if you can get a day 1 edition you also get 12 months of XbL gold. You get nothing like that with the ps4. We even get Killer Instinct as for free.

My philosophy is that if can't afford an extra $100 which is nothing in the long run then you probably should just wait and save up the money. The reason I said saying the ps4 is $100 cheaper is not an answer is because that's pretty much saying oh I'm going to go buy a cat because I can't afford a dog even though you really wanted the dog instead. I'll wait to get a little extra money for my dog.

Battlefield 4, and coD Ghosts are both getting exclusive content first to X1 as well.

Sony is actually going to lose a lot of money selling their console so cheap. The numbers came out that it actually takes them about $1000 to manufacture each one.
    I will buy PS4 and the biggest reason for it is that I'm scared of buying X1 when it launches. I bought Xbox 360 when it launched and if you guys remember there was this thing called red ring maybe some people called it dead ring but never mind that. I fear that X1 is going to have same problems that the first versions will just break down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I still don't get it. Are you talking about slow walking? Just about every first person shooter on PC has a key to walk instead of run. Leaves you with:

1. Sprinting
    2. Running
    3. Walking
    4. Standing still

What more would one need? I guess with the vehicle statement, the only PC FPS that has any kind of playerbase with vehicles is BF3. Said vehicles in that game don't really require fine movement AFAIK. CSS and BO2 don't have any in the first place, except maybe that little drone killstreak.
    Actually most games fps, 3ps also include a few extra mechanics now. We have kneeling and movement in that position. Or Fully prone and crawling. On top of that we have cover mechanic, which entail a lean left/right. And the growing game changer is sliding on your knees as you shoot. Can't forget the old jump on top of all those. So between your list and mine that doesn't leave many buttons to do much else.

However Looking at the demos of the new Steam remote, I think that most of the mouse and keyboard brigade might well be won over there, as it actually looks quicker once you have mastered it. That for now is anacdotal. The good thing about consoles is you know most other players are using a controller too. So you really can't lose. In the end it usually comes down to where your clan and friends play.

both of them, just maybe next summer or something when there's good games out for them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Awesome one View Post
    I can't really make my mind up between the two, i've never had a PS3 but i have played the odd game on one, and the controller kind of stretched my hand and was too agile for me and seeing as the PS4 is the same one im not so sure about that one aspect to begin with where my hand fits perfect to my xbox controller which again will pretty much be the same i guess. Also online is a thing i play 2/3 games online and im not sure what anyone else thinks but around £8 Month for online isn't great so whats the situation with Online with the PS4/Xbox 1, like anyone im intrested in graphics i've heard they're both pretty tight on graphics, and i'm also not too sure on extras? i've heard about screensharing and instant livestreaming on PS4 but not too sure about Xbox only really heard its going to have a free sky/tevo w/e and the friends situation, most of my best mates that play consoles are on PS and are planning on getting PS4 not most but pretty much all, i like being able to pay with/against my friends in diffrent things so that would be an important factor too, finally one of my biggest troubles if i wanted to go PS4 im not sure if i would be able to convert my Fifa 14 Ultimate Team over from Xbox 360 to PS$ like you can do PS3 > PS4, Xbox 360 > Xbox 1
    could somebody please point me in some directions?
    could someone give me some advice please?

Deleted
    dunno if i'm much of a help ... but i personally decided to leave the field of console wars and go with Nintendo for this generation ^^ but that's not what you want to hear, so well ...

1.) the PS4 is the more powerful console
    2.) the PS4 is cheaper
    3.) from what i've heard the PS4 controller is MUCH more comfortable than the XBO one.
    4.) if you don't give a crap about motion control, skip kinect, skip xbox ...
    5.) if you are in for the exclusives, get a Wii U and a PS4 ... as far as i can tell MS will go on with having only shooter-type games exclusively (maybe except for Quantum Break or whatever it is called)
    6.a) all my friends had a Xbox360 last generation (me as well) ... i sold my xbox360 when MS presented the XBO for the first time, i don't need to say that i was shocked (but i say it anyways) ... i sold my 360 at an instant, didn't want to own a MS console anymore.
    6.b) all my friends will be getting a PS4. I wont for now because i don't care about PS exclusives and for the rest i have my Wii U and a powerful gaming PC.

well ... if you are a die hard MS fan, go with the XBO. Nothing wrong with that ... but so far it seems that Sony is doing things right.
    I sadly cannot comment on your Fifa concern since i'm not familiar whether information is stored on your xbl account or your EA account.

for more information i'd like to point out two youtubers i enjoy watching:

Blunty on next gen controllers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yv9VfbmLgI
    Rich of Review Tech USA on PS4 graphics supremacy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNUvMZdKvBA

10+ Year Old Account
    I can elaborate on FIFA. It will not transfer cross-system as in X360 -> PS4, PS3 -> XO. Only PS3 -> PS4 & X360 -> XO.

Also only exclusive XO is getting for FIFA is FUT Legends which isn't that big of a deal to me anyways.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

PS4 because it will offer a different experience than my PC. With the XB brand the games feel largely the same as to what I can find on PC, with the PS brand there is a different feel to a lot of their games.

And also, Naughty Dog.

Deleted
    Okay. i will give it a shot.
    1. ) The PS4 is much more powerfull i read game developers said like 40 % in certain areas.
    2. ) It is 100 dollars or euro cheaper
    3. ) On the controller i think i heard more people saying the playstation 4 controler is better, added to it have a mini touch pad in the middle.
    4. ) if you dont give a crap about motion control, you are not forced to HAVE a kinect in your house. Added to the playstation eye also have full voice control and a much improved camera (they did not just use 1 conferense talking about it)
    5. ) On the exclusive if you are a "brogamer" buying every singel shotter, xbox1 do have the most exlusive shooters or time exlusive on the shooters. But i think beside shooters playstation have the best exclusive games.
    6. ) With the online, Playstation also is by far the most friendly one. In order to play your games online, you need playstation + subsprition, but you can still use the internet and play free to play games AND you get games cheaper and great free games each mouth. While you Have to get xbox gold in order to use the internet

Damn... even if the poll was off by 15-20% ps4 is still winning by miles.. its not even close.

If you had asked me in May what I would be getting, Id say the Xbox 720, simply because I'm used to the controller (what we were calling it then) I honestly couldn't give a crap about DRM, or needing to be online which they un did, my big problem is how weak the GPU in the xbox one is. They pretty much spit in the face of hard core gamers, making the GPU weaker so they could afford to fit Kinect 2.0 in. Its one of those things where I wonder "these engineers and devs should be smarter then I am... WTF were they thinking!?"

Even after that, I thought well, the xbox 360 on paper was weaker then the PS3, but the games look exactly the same, they design games for the weaker console. But the stupidity of the design decisions on the Xbox one coupled with these polls I've seen make me think if I do buy an xbox one, I'd have nobody to play with. Its looking like Saturn vs PS1 all over again.

I was excited months ago, but seeing the launch games, most will be avalible on my laptop (which is 15 months old and more powerful then the PS4, i7/680M) I don't think I'll get either now. Gonna sit back and watch, see who makes better games. If someone put a gun to my head and said buy one, I guess I'd have to go with the PS4 now, after having an xbox and xbox 360 and never a sony console before.

It think the entire debate about the "XBone being weaker in regards to hardware compared to the PS4" is quite pointless at this point of time. A lot was said about the PS3 being superior to the Xbox, however, we rarely got see the difference if any. If the PS3 was superior, they should be the ones with a bigger library of games playable on a 1080p resolution. However, often times cross platform games perform much much better on the Xbox.

The sad thing is even though the PS3 and the PS4 is supposedly more powerful than the Xbox, game developers ain't willing to push boundaries for quite a few reasons. So I don't really think this even plays a part in decisions.

Currently the PS4 and the Xbone both have a custom 8 cores CPUs but rarely do games require more than 4-6 cores. Regarding the GPU, sure the PS4 has more shaders, but without looking at the current hardware features of the PS3 and the Xbox 360, games have much better lighting on the 360.

Also most of the what is being said is often times vastly over stated. A lot was said about the PS3 but game developers have gone on record saying how painfully hard it was to develop games for the PS3. One of the many reasons the DLC for Skyrim took over a year to come out on the PS3.

The only game that actually made full use of the PS3 was the Last of Us. No game in this current generation pushed the console to its max so all the numbers look good only on paper.

Saying that, the facts on paper show the PS4 have much better stats and numbers but that only tells half the story. In fact it doesn't really tell much and the most people can debate is by how much. In the end its what developers and studios do with what is available to them. If they don't push the boundaries on these consoles, the numbers don't really matter then.
    Last edited by Ebonheart; 2013-10-19 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    It think the entire debate about the "XBone being weaker in regards to hardware compared to the PS4" is quite pointless at this point of time. A lot was said about the PS3 being superior to the Xbox, however, we rarely got see the difference if any.
    In terms of raw internal power using un-optmized software, the rumors are 50% in favor of the PS4. That's a much larger difference than exists between the PS3 and Xbox 360.

Also worth noting, while the PS3 is technically a bit more powerful than the Xbox 360, you had to use the awful Cell processor which was a headache to work on. That's why the difference never really showed, because it was so difficult to maximize the extra power of the Cell processor that it wasn't worth it.

The opposite is true for this generation. PS4 is now on a standard x86 processor (like the Xbox One), and doesn't employ any silly hardware to get its power. The Xbox One on the other hand, uses esRAM to close the gap in power between its slower DDR3 ram (PS4 uses higher speed DDR5). From everything I've heard from those with far more technical knowledge than I, esRAM is sorta like the Cell processor; it's very powerful but it's an absolute nightmare to work with and use efficiently.

All that being said, I'd be surprised if we didn't see the same level of graphical fidelity or extras out of both consoles this generation as well, at least in terms of third party games. Nobody wants to piss off one of the platform makers.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    getting ps4 because i like the game line up for launch, only thing that looks appealing to the xbox is titanfall, and i will be able to get it for PC.

To be quite honest and open, I am actually going to give both PS4 and Xbox One a chance to prove themselves and Sony and Microsoft to really stand behind what they have been saying all along.

I've never made a significant purchase all my life. Still a teenager. Have never owned a console of my own so I don't really have any clear favourites.

I've enjoyed more exclusive games on the PS3 than I've enjoyed on the Xbox. However, exclusives for the Xbone just seem more appealing from what we know right now.

Most importantly I just find Sony's PR to be too good to be true. And from experience anything that is too good to be true must be taken with some precaution. Right now Sony has said all the right things. They've said everything gamers have wanted to hear and not a single thing they didn't want to. Microsoft have changed their stance a lot as well. The only ones that are actually going to get their hands on the new consoles the first few months are going to be the hardcore gamers.

I would like to consider myself a hardcore gamer, however, circumstances doesn't allow me to. So I ain't in a rush to get my hands on one. I'll give it time, a few months, 6 months, maybe even a year. Hopefully before the next holiday season in 2014 I'll have made up my mind.

We'll also have a much better idea of what games are in development and what plans Sony and Microsoft have in store.

Deleted
    ouch, just looked at the costs, i was gonna get xbox one, but i won't be getting any now!

im pretty set on the xbox one though, probaby get it a year or two after release.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I ever were to buy a next-gen console, it would be a Playstation 4. The Last of Us was Playstation 3 exclusive and the sequel, which will no doubt be made, will probably be Playstation 4 exclusive. Other reasons include the fact that it's cheaper and the whole 'you can't trade games etc.' put me off. Eventough it's now fixed, just the fact that Microsoft wanted to put that shit in there is a dealbreaker.

It's weird how one of the most profitable companies in the business tries something like that while it's competition does not. They are trying to minimize pirated games and generate more money, but really, they are doing the opposite. Similar to what EA is doing with games such as Command and Conquer 4 and Sim City 4; the player has to be online at all time. This really doesn't mean everyone will buy the game, quite the opposite. I just don't understand why the #1 game distributor based on revenue feels the need to implement such a thing while far less succesful distributors are not. Same goes for Microsoft; trying to get more money by making it harder for the people to share their favorite games?
    Statix will suffice.

Sticking to my pc.

But if i had to pick one i'd get a ps4.