Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    This new island has brought out the absolute worst of WoW players, the toxic trash of the community. Since when was it cool to grief your own faction?
    If you're really struggling to get shit done, try and get invited to a quieter realm
    A-N EU is listed as medium, we seem to get players from all realms jumping on, and its still quiet enough to not lag

Getting ganked as horde, by horde, infront of horde.. just dosn't feel right. don't get me wrong. it was a good idea from blizzard. but it just dosn't fit in my pocket so to speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Oh no, running around a PVP island has got me killed by PVPers farming PVP currency. How did this happen? How could it ever happen? I never saw this coming. It just came out of the blue. Here i was thinking they would disable pvp and remove the pvp content from the island so that the OP could not get killed 2-3 times a day.

Hopefully you pull through OP. As a PvE player myself, i opened this thread and wept at how cruel and barbaric the world (of warcraft) is even in these times of unity against a common enemy.

Hopefully Blizzard will see reason and perhaps give PvE players an extra 200k hp, double dmg and healing and maybe some disgusting cloak and trinket procs so that they can easily, easily curbstomp about 3 players attacking them, even if they attack first. Oh wait, they already have.

Shape up OP. You suck. If you can't kill a 400k hp pvp player doing wet noodle dmg then you deserve to be ganked. I farmed 3 players yesterday who tried to gank me in their shitty pvp gear until they added me on real ID and asked me to stop. 3 rogues opened on me and i trinketed, shockwaved and killed one of them and had the other on 50% hp just from sweeping strikes and PvE gear dmg.

The advantages you have over PvP players in PvP are not only enough to make you worth 2 or 3 players of your same class in PvP gear, but they're so big that you can actually one shot people, easily, on most classes. I was critting 100k executes without any trinket procs or anything on my warriors. 200K raging blows, 100k slams. I have no doubt locks are smashing out 300k+ chaos bolts.

TL;DR: Even IF you got jumped by PvPers, and even IF there were more than 1, you still have a pretty damn good fighting chance against them due to how many advantages you have. Also, if you're fighting mobs, just stun the players in the mob's cone aoe. Boom, 400k hp PvPer one shotted. Goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    The problem with the Timeless Isle is that it introduces world pvp again. Something that has been dead for years. And Blizzard botched up pvp so badly, that world pvp is ridiculous. 600-700k pve geared players oblitirating pvp geared players for example.
    Well, that's the other side of World PvP. Sometimes you attack a PvE geared player and get blown up within seconds for your trouble.

They'll all have their stuff in a week or two's time, the zone will be as empty as The Exodar by the end of October.

Just report them. All you have to do. If it is truly a griefing situation, they'll get their 72 hour ban etc. If it is "OMG RUN!"... shit happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    You're on a PvP server. Your desire to fight someone, or lack thereof, has no effect on his ability to fight you. The place where it matters whether you want to fight another player is called a "PvE server."

The fact that you were briefly ignorant of what it meant to roll on a PvP server back in Vanilla doesn't count for anything 8 years later.

And ... it definitely doesn't take months to get to max level. I'm not going to be one of those people who says "lol it took me 4 days and I even got up to poop" but 2-3 weeks is plenty time to get a character from 1 to 90.
    Trying to teach someone with 11 chars lvling gg.... i ment BACK IN VANILA it took months to hit max level and it was a pain to reroll BECAUSE YOUR COMUNITY mattered, you had to have a list of "contacts" ,ppl to play with, no lfd ya know? my monk when i started playing in mop again took 3 days /played with heirlooms and perk..

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Just report them. All you have to do. If it is truly a griefing situation, they'll get their 72 hour ban etc. If it is "OMG RUN!"... shit happens.
    You won't get banned on a pvp server. You can camp a guy for 72 hours and still not get banned. There is a pvp solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing i hate about it is that pve gear is better than pvp gear... in full pvp gear i got no chance vs someome with 600k health in pve gear. im having fun but its annoying that pvp gear isnt as good at pvp as pve gear. the guards need to be stronger at the court though, like 6 people from the same guild on my server just camping the town, the guards are weak as hell and don't do anything.
    dragonmaw - EU

Meh, in Vanilla you had 0 chance in the best pvp gear vs the best pve gear. I find the pve/pvp gear split silly myself, but whatever.

Is someone having trouble with something new or just bitterly disappointed no gear upgrades for himself or maybe he cannot find the chests or get to the rares in time?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It really is the most atrocious system imaginable. The worst part is that people brought up the specific scenarios as complaint before the feature went live, but nothing was done to fix it. They put a half assed measure in the bloody coin debuff like they thought it would stop people from repeatedly ganking...yeah...a more approproiate solution would be to simply make you unable to be attacked by other players for that duration.

Groups of 50-100 people just camp on the Ordos entry point to prevent anyone from getting reputation and it causes a lot of drama. I'm in a progression guild (though I don't raid with them) and the GM had to threaten a small group of players from griefing their guildmates who were trying to gear alts/fill holes on the isle. It quite literally forces the worst out of people by giving them a completely consequence free zone to wantonly abuse other players.

It's like they tried to design something that innately represents all of WoW's faults in one small plot of land. It was not thought out enough, wasn't implemented effectively, and ultimately is trash. When I'm left alone, the PvE aspect (95% of the zone) is amazing and exactly where WoW needs to be. On PvP servers, the result is just a muddled mess of poo made worse by faction imbalances.

*tin foil hat*

this is Blizzard's way at getting server transfer money even in the face of Virtual Realms
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    It really is the most atrocious system imaginable. The worst part is that people brought up the specific scenarios as complaint before the feature went live, but nothing was done to fix it. They put a half assed measure in the bloody coin debuff like they thought it would stop people from repeatedly ganking...yeah...a more approproiate solution would be to simply make you unable to be attacked by other players for that duration.

Groups of 50-100 people just camp on the Ordos entry point to prevent anyone from getting reputation and it causes a lot of drama. I'm in a progression guild (though I don't raid with them) and the GM had to threaten a small group of players from griefing their guildmates who were trying to gear alts/fill holes on the isle. It quite literally forces the worst out of people by giving them a completely consequence free zone to wantonly abuse other players.

It's like they tried to design something that innately represents all of WoW's faults in one small plot of land. It was not thought out enough, wasn't implemented effectively, and ultimately is trash. When I'm left alone, the PvE aspect (95% of the zone) is amazing and exactly where WoW needs to be. On PvP servers, the result is just a muddled mess of poo made worse by faction imbalances.

*tin foil hat*

this is Blizzard's way at getting server transfer money even in the face of Virtual Realms
    How does the faction imbalance have any effect on the same faction gankers? If you're on a pvp server with a huge imbalance(most of them), then this actually brings something back to those servers that was missing. It lets players choose to go rogue and pick fights. Sounds like working as intended to me, what needs to be fixed?

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: Most of these problems can be solved by getting up early and doing your questing. As for group content, your on your own. I suggest making friends, and bringing them. Then, maybe, trying to have some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    This new island has brought out the absolute worst of WoW players, the toxic trash of the community. Since when was it cool to grief your own faction?

You have jerks kiting packs of elites from the Archiereus event on to the ship or into the celestial court quest givers/bosses. I have fought celestial bosses on my alt and die instantly when a pack of 8 Archiereus elites come rampaging into the boss area cleaving and shooting fire everywhere. The quest givers have hundreds of skeletons around them from jerks doing this all day and night, the elder turtles that spin for 100k are another popular one that is kited onto players trying to read a quest log. There are players running around with those molten guardians bringing them onto the bridge by Ordos killing players crossing the bridge, they are kiting them onto graveyards you name it, it's being done.

Then you have 40 man raids with the censer camping grave yards killing the same people over and over and over until they get bored or mobbed. It's one thing to kill the player, but to camp a GY when you can't even get more bloody coins due to the debuff is just plain asinine. A large volume of players will get mad as hell and rage in /1, but when you try to organize a team to smash them back nobody seems interested. You even have players promising chests, rares, etc and summoning in guppies to be farmed for coins.
    Is this 2008 again..? I read this exact type of post when Isle of Quel'danas appeared LOL
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    How does the faction imbalance have any effect on the same faction gankers?
    It's two distinct issues. I never said they were related. Pretty strawman to try and say they are.
    If you're on a pvp server with a huge imbalance(most of them), then this actually brings something back to those servers that was missing. It lets players choose to go rogue and pick fights.
    Lol what? None of what you said makes sense. It doesn't bring anything back other than letting one faction completely control the island all hours of the day. It's a dumb feature when the servers are imbalanced, period. Keep the rich, rich and the poor, poor.

It sure is working 'as intended', which is to say horribly. I manage just fine on my own, as I'm typically blood spec to do massive aoe pulls and multiple elites...anyone who tries to gank me tends to get frustrated or bored. That doesn't mean I can't objectively say that what I see happening on the Isle is bad design.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    the only thing i hate about it is that pve gear is better than pvp gear... in full pvp gear i got no chance vs someome with 600k health in pve gear. im having fun but its annoying that pvp gear isnt as good at pvp as pve gear. the guards need to be stronger at the court though, like 6 people from the same guild on my server just camping the town, the guards are weak as hell and don't do anything.
    Then don't do World PvP. Just like the World PvP supporters say: if you can't stand the heat, don't go on a PvP server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Is this 2008 again..? I read this exact type of post when Isle of Quel'danas appeared LOL
    Really? It talked about people kiting elites and ruining your boss attempts? It talked about members of your own faction killing you by turning the whole zone into Stranglethorn Arena and scamming you into groups just to get a coin off your corpse?

Oh ok, no I didn't think so.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    People asked for Isle of QQ (TBC) to return and it has.

People don't like getting ganked and want it removes.

The people speak to much!

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Really? It talked about people kiting elites and ruining your boss attempts? It talked about members of your own faction killing you by turning the whole zone into Stranglethorn Arena and scamming you into groups just to get a coin off your corpse?

Oh ok, no I didn't think so.
    You don't remember people kiting world bosses to cities, or how about kiting Jaina to Org for a specific. Take away the coins and people would still be using the censer and picking fights. Just go play on a pve server, no big deal. You don't like world pvp and thats fine. PVE + unfair screwed up unbalanced gankfests = PVP server. There is nothing that a pvp server has ever added other than situations like this. I'm not sure why you're complaining about it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't remember people kiting world bosses to cities, or how about kiting Jaina to Org for a specific.
    No I certainly don't remember any of that happening on the Isle of QD...you know, like the post was talking about.
    Take away the coins and people would still be using the censer and picking fights.
    Sure...on a pretty limited basis that could basically be ignored. Because on most servers I've ever heard, most people care more about the other 95% of the content. Remove the coins and all other motivations for this and it will be like always. People doing PvE and minding their business for the most part. There's a way to implement rewards and restraint. This has all of the first and none of the other.
    Just go play on a pve server, no big deal.
    Ohh ok. Cliche time to make up for bad design. Yes yes, give Blizzard your money and go play on another server.
    There is nothing that a pvp server has ever added other than situations like this. I'm not sure why you're complaining about it now.
    I know it's awfully hard to read more than one post, but please try ok? You'd probably understand a little more than thinking I'm randomly complaining about something. I guess it's too complicated to discern the difference in wanting solid design over arbitrary ganking right?

Don't even bother responding because all I expect are more circles, straw men, and pointless banter.
    BAD WOLF