10+ Year Old Account

DK tank wrecked by Immerseus's Corrosive Blast

So my co-tank was getting completely wrecked by the corrosive blast the other night. We ended up killing him by me taking 2 with guard then diffuse magic and he only taking them if I would have taken a 3rd...but he had to have a external to survive it. He was using AMS for it but still just BAM-purgatory-dead. The logs that night were all screwed up b/c WoL hadn't been updated yet. He's about 516 ilvl as he just started tanking for us about a month ago. Are any other blood tanks having issues on that ability or is there something else he should be doing? I haven't played my blood tank since DS so a bit rusty on the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    So my co-tank was getting completely wrecked by the corrosive blast the other night. We ended up killing him by me taking 2 with guard then diffuse magic and he only taking them if I would have taken a 3rd...but he had to have a external to survive it. He was using AMS for it but still just BAM-purgatory-dead. The logs that night were all screwed up b/c WoL hadn't been updated yet. He's about 516 ilvl as he just started tanking for us about a month ago. Are any other blood tanks having issues on that ability or is there something else he should be doing? I haven't played my blood tank since DS so a bit rusty on the spec.
    Could you link armory or at least tell us his buffed max health?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Without the debuff it does like 300k damage. Your tank is deffo doing something wrong. Are you sure he doesn't eat a blast before switching? It's not really a blast, it's more like a breath so only the current tank should be standing in front of him/her/it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraeth View Post
    Without the debuff it does like 300k damage. Your tank is deffo doing something wrong. Are you sure he doesn't eat a blast before switching? It's not really a blast, it's more like a breath so only the current tank should be standing in front of him/her/it.
    Even if he would, he could simply AMS the second one, I actually took every blast with AMS - don't know why this DK didn't. Nothing about DK tank being bad, the player just played bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nhero/advanced

He's gotten about 10 ilvls from Wednesday with shoulders from normal protectors, gloves from flex norushen, and a lot of stuff from the island.

I do not remember his exact health that night. He had slightly less than I did, but I had 20 ilvls on him, and I had about 680k w/o a stam flask whereas he had one. Say 660k maybe?

- - - Updated - - -

And yea we knew not to stand in front, we were dong a swing back and forth where the current tank would always be in the same spot and whoever wasn't tanking would run off to the sides. He ended up only taking about 2 over the course of the fight early on before the phases got shorter then I solo tanked the rest.
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2013-09-15 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    The only way I can imagine dying from that attack is if he hasn't reactivated his Blood Presence after 5.4 hit.
    Otherwise I can't really see how it should even be possible to die from that

Deleted
    I was tanking it as a Monk with 510 ilvl because I have just switched main, but even I could take one without cooldowns, my DK could definitely eat them with AMS.

His health is really low.

Like, really low. I can't explain it other then pure item level difference. I have over 800k taking with my DPS gear and a stamina flask, more then enough to literally take zero damage from Corrosive Blast with AMS + Bone Shield up.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    Logs:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-bp2w3xqpbwnwto30/

First the first log, first time he died, he only got one heal from Holy Prism in the 26 SECONDS before dying, rest was just dk self heals. Maybe healers were out of range? Druid's lifebloom expired and wasn't readded. Druid only had 24% lifebloom uptime that fight which is poor.
    Bone shield ran out just before the first blast and didn't use AMS/IBF etc. on it either. Didn't use death pact, the purgatory debuff wouldn't have been that big, [20:56:44.739] Immerseus hits Änhero 1 (O: 148679) , death pact would have kept him alive there.
    Second death was similar, just didn't get any heals in the lead up to it.

So not just the DK's fault. Could've used death pact, but also not getting much support from healers.

Is he at the keyboard?

No really, AMS before the breath... Or any sort of heal after. You really can't die as a DK on this fight. o.o

So. Badness all around, it's really easy to keep high Bone Shield uptime on that boss, and if he's that low he should be pressing Vampiric Blood and healing himself up with panic mode, DS + Rune Tap + Death Pact/Healthstone.

I can't imagine going that long without a heal, we had a healer like that one. We kicked her out after three raids that ended in tank deaths due to one heal every 39 seconds.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

10+ Year Old Account
    Recount has a death log (or he could check his combat log) to see what it is that's hitting him in the last few seconds of his life, might help narrow it down.

ams absorb

boneshield -20% dmg

he can sacifice a pet just after the hit

he should be fine , just has to used some skills i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize that WoL got the bosses separated since I uploaded. When I checked it Wednesday night after raid it was just one long log with no breaks on bosses. I can peruse that myself now sweet.

Kinda thought the blast was a choke. Like everyone said, ams was key.

I started tanking this tier on my DK (reroll, formerly raided on a hunter) and had pretty low ilvl to start SoO (522ish). I would recommend a couple things to your DK for normals until he gets his ilvl up. Arpatarp on Mal'Ganis

He should focus on Stam and Mastery. Priority on Stam. He needs enough HP to be able to take the bigger hits w/o dying or proccing purgatory all the time.
    He should be using stam/mastery gems instead of straight mastery for a while.
    He should also try to focus on stam enchants where he can, including using rune of stoneskin gargoyle until he gets his ilvl up.
    He should also not worry about hit and expertise until he gets his ilvl up. Hit and expertise are of very little value to blood DKs anyway, but they should be especially low on his list.

He will probably take more damage overall from this strat, but it will make his damage intake slightly less spiky and should result in fewer oh shit moments.

I'm still using this strat at 535 now, but will likely start to move to a more mastery and avoidance priority soon. I really need a decent stam trinket first though.

I guess I should also say that on Immerseus, I had no problem taking corrosive blasts. Even when I would forget to use AMS... just having enough stam, keeping bone shield and blood shield up where more than enough to take those hits (even at 522).
    Last edited by Ute; 2013-09-19 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ute View Post
    He should focus on Stam and Mastery. Priority on Stam. He needs enough HP to be able to take the bigger hits w/o dying or proccing purgatory all the time.
    He should be using stam/mastery gems instead of straight mastery for a while.
    He should also try to focus on stam enchants where he can, including using rune of stoneskin gargoyle until he gets his ilvl up.
    He should also not worry about hit and expertise until he gets his ilvl up. Hit and expertise are of very little value to blood DKs anyway, but they should be especially low on his list.
    I dont know if Id go with this myself, even at low item levels. The blast shouldn't do much if you stack a shield well.
    Do this, Plague Leech/Glyph of Outbreak. ... Bone shield the opener/Hit the boss with two death strikes up front. outbreak/PL/DS a third, Use Runic Empowerment, and DS two more times. By this point your shield is capped. I dont care how hard the boss hits you. He wont burn through 200% of your health pool. whatever you do lose, summon your pet and eat him with Vamp Blood/Death Pact and Blood Tap/Healthstone ... You cannot possibly not be at full at that point. Again DS to cap. and use AMS to soak the second blast... if your offtank isnt doing his job and holding the boss for the second blast.

You can even AMZ an entire Blast. IBF/DRW/Army a blast... you have so many survival abilities... Gemming for stam is only necessary if you are capping your shields too quickly.

think of it this way, your active mitigation is your Death Strikes. the more mastery you have the faster the shield stacks. The only way you need more stam is if you cap... which stam will give you a bigger cap on your shields.

Think of Blood Shield as your HP pool. you control it. You decide how many HPS you have. Less mastery only means you struggle to keep control. Mastery is more control. Focus on finding ways to obtain more Death Strikes. Hammer the Rune Strikes to get more Runic Corruption procs, to hammer out more Death Strikes. Use tricks like Plague Leech to steal back more Death Strikes. Your survival is in your own hands.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.