High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

PvP unholy: duel weilding, need your opinions

Hello, guys, I think that's the best place to look at ur thoughts about idea of duel-weilding unholy - in before its said, I know it's dead idea, it exsted but now it doesnt and so on, so on. But first I have to say I love duel-weilding, second - I see no point in frost duel-weild pvp (only arena for me as the most exciting pvp existed in this game) cause blood presence FS 40 rp cost ruins the whole idea. So I logged 5.4 ptr, made a dk full Grevious and strated to test on a dummy with recount up. I'm at job now, its rather late and got nothing left to do and that's why I cant report recount data for both double weapons dps and for 2 handler dps, the only thing I remember - the difference wasn't really noticable. Let's say where we lose using 2 weapons:

Most usable attacks we use on arena with weapons:

Festering Strike
    Necrotic Strike
    Plague Strike

Rotation used: Outbreak, 2 festerings, 1 dnd, 1 plague or scourge (no matter), then just necrotic-bloodboil-scourge within a while of time.

While duel-welding unholy, the only worthy loss is on Festering Strike I guess, rest is just minimal difference...
    The spec itself doesnt rely on weapons at all, but on pets, magical damage from str bonus and BUT:
    You can forge second weapon to -50% disarm duratio, -50% silence duration (hello, garrote openers), damn, even razorice and increased damage for Frost Fever (but I dont these 15% would play a role, especially in short games), while keeping Fallen Crusader source on.

I would like to look at your ideas, so I may be lost something important, but again - from what I remember last night, the difference wasn't noticeable at all, may 6-7 k dps, not rly...
    Thanks for the attention
    Last edited by Evida; 2013-09-15 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    You said it in the first line. Sorry but the idea is just plain stupid.

NS, SS, FeS, SR are all weapon damage based so without ToT you gain nothing from the second weapon. By DW in unholy you essentially remove half of the damage from all of those strikes which is a significant portion of your damage output. If you're relying purely on your diseases/dnd/timmy for your dps output then you're better off just playing dw frost for mastery stacking and spamming HB on targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even have to read your post to tell you this - Don't dual wield Unholy.

Someone posted a while back in some other thread that the amount of dps loss from not having a 2hander is only made up by having 1hander that are in the 600+ilvl range or something close to that.
    You stated it yourself, it's dw unhoyl is dead.
    Don't bother wasting your time with it

you might as well go with one 1hander, "ensamble conductur stylee"

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, thanks for replies, the only thing I miss atm is 2 tyra weapons set for honor to try this (and blood) out, will post later about impressions. The reason I just started the topic was: recount, it didn't tell me "what a huge gap"

Dual Wield UH is terrible.
    Plain and simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    You shouldn't dual wield. It is dead for anything other than frost and there really isn't anything left to discuss on it.