Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaed View Post
    I play a Demo Lock, so I will comment on yours. Does he know what a Doom guard is? It would increase his dps if he pops it, since ya'll aren't getting to sub 20% have him pop it about 5 seconds into the fight or when ya'll Hero. He also should be using a Felguard with Grim of Service or if he can't handle the active he should at least use Grim of Sup and use a Wrathguard. Link to our kill http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/p...?s=5085&e=5651. I have Grim of Service and my pet does 3.61% and the Additional Felguard summoned does .82%, and that is with controlled usage of my extra pet, not using it on cd, since this fight is all about control of adds.
    Not sure why but he only has a 70% uptime of Molten Core procs, but he should use Soulfire on all MC procs, even when in Demon form. Have him look at the guides on Icy Veins or Noxxic. Much more information there, although the do conflict at times.
    He has the UVLS so should be dotting Doom every time it procs.
    He does have good Metamorphosis uptime.
    He does not seem to be using Hellfire on the adds phase, which would be a benefit. (or Immolation Aura if he goes into Meta form).
    I can't see his armory so can't get more specific on that sorry. Us here, and you are EU. but hope I have helped some at least. Good Luck!
    Damn, I gonna have to do some reading on warlocks, pretty clueless on how the class works in mop .

Don't listen to these people. They killed it with overgeared groups. DO NOT SEND HE'S ADD TO THE HE TANK. Why not? It gives that tank a 50% armor debuff. This is a big deal and that tank will be getting crushed. I was doing it on my prot pally alt with about 522 ilvl and the healers had a huge amount of trouble keeping me up.

The way you're actually supposed to handle the mechanic is to pass the add around to various healers and dps. It's a fixate, so any kind of immunity will work. Use blessing of protection and ice block to fully prevent some of the damage. If you have any paladins other than a tank, they can divine shield themselves through it and also throw some blessing of protections around.

I was in a similar situation until 5.2. Too few good players forced us to take with "bad players", who somehow were immune to advice. People only like pulling/carrying others through raids to a certain extent. The result was that even more good players stopped raiding - a vicious circle. It was very difficult to find new players on our low pop realm (Mug'thol EU), so we resorted to an extreme measure: most active and good players agreed on changing servers (to Blackmoore EU), where we quickly found an experienced guild that had "skipped" cataclysm and was recruiting bigger groups for the mop content. Strangely enough, our bad players decided not to transfer and instead just stopped playing WOW. In the new guild we are fortunate enough to always have more raid signups than there is space (10 man normal), so the bad players just don't get taken with.

Back to the OP: I know it sounds harsh - but your situation sounds very similar to mine. Perhaps consider the path I took - it may save you lots of headache. This is of course a different thing if you really like the underperforming players personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Don't listen to these people. They killed it with overgeared groups. DO NOT SEND HE'S ADD TO THE HE TANK. Why not? It gives that tank a 50% armor debuff. This is a big deal and that tank will be getting crushed. I was doing it on my prot pally alt with about 522 ilvl and the healers had a huge amount of trouble keeping me up.
    Eh.. I'm not so sure. I'm a 527 Prot Pally and I have no issues grabbing him and surviving (I did use GAK though), although I was not aware of the debuff. I mean don't get me wrong it wasn't a cakewalk, but I don't think its not doable.
    Last edited by Nobleshield; 2013-09-17 at 12:19 PM.

Deleted
    We also sent He's add to our ilvl 522 monk He tank. We did use a cd rotation, including my iron-bark and a vigilance from a warrior, but i don't think it was too hard to survive. It will put a bit more strain in your healers, but it avoids the passing mechanic, make the phase simpler and quicker. It will depend on how quick you kill the add though. I also don't remember there being a 50% armor debuff, there is a stacking debuff (a dot i think) but that happens to anyone.

We send He's add to the tank, too. We tried kiting it around between people and concluded that it was doable but it required much faster reflexes and secure connections than we have. Each time you transfer a mark, you get a stacking debuff that makes the add hurt more on the next person.

Really, 50% armor for a short while shouldn't be that bad for plate wearers if you keep up mitigation. Just run away from the first target so that there's a little travel time for the add, and save Holy Avenger for the first DM. If HA isn't back by your second one, pop another cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Eh.. I'm not so sure. I'm a 527 Prot Pally and I have no issues grabbing him and surviving (I did use GAK though), although I was not aware of the debuff. I mean don't get me wrong it wasn't a cakewalk, but I don't think its not doable.
    It can be done sure, but with the DPS that this group is putting out, it might not be as easy as it is for other groups. Sending it to someone with a CD, or holding it if you have one, would mitigate the amount of healing you have to do on the tank once they end up with that add.

It's really just a matter of pressing one button before pressing another. It doesn't complicate the fight all that much....and if it makes your healers life easier on this fight, it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    We send He's add to the tank, too. We tried kiting it around between people and concluded that it was doable but it required much faster reflexes and secure connections than we have. Each time you transfer a mark, you get a stacking debuff that makes the add hurt more on the next person.

Really, 50% armor for a short while shouldn't be that bad for plate wearers if you keep up mitigation. Just run away from the first target so that there's a little travel time for the add, and save Holy Avenger for the first DM. If HA isn't back by your second one, pop another cooldown.
    Look at the DPS of this group. We had a wipe with 2 dps dead trying to do this, so about the same DPS as his raid. I ran through every single cooldown I had just trying to survive the add phase, leaving me with nothing left by the time it ended and I was getting absolutely murdered. Again, my gear's not great, but I'm also probably a better tank than this prot paladin so it's probably roughly even.

It's not complicated to switch between players. You can have a huge period of time where the add does no damage at all with immunities. Use them well, as well as personal cooldowns, and all will be well. The raid leader just needs to always know who's getting it next and make sure not to send the add to someone with Sun's dot on them.

Hey,
    I play as a disc, then I will tell about him. =)
    He is using renew, he should not use it, your team has a holy priest, then your holy should use renew and your disc should use power word: shield.

I have seem only 1 inner focus, he should use it on CD, more or less each 45 seconds.
    He should use more his archangel, he uses 6 times only, it helps a lot on high damage situations, it gives 25% healing buff.
    He uses 3 times his Spirit Shell, it is not enough, this skill is awesome, he should use it almost on CD.
    His cascade has 55% overheal it is too much, this skill is expensive to waste on overhealing.

He should try to use more his PoH with inner focus and SS.
    For high damage fases he should open inner focus > archangel > spirit shell > and cast prayer of healing, it will give so much shield, it is enough for one high damage fase, and he can use it each minute.
    He should try to use more his Great Heal, and his Prayer of healing and cast less cascade.
    To prevent overheal he should try to use more spirit shell and inner focus.

I don't know about holy =/

Good luck.