Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Speculation. Wrathion plotting with Garrosh.

What if, in the scene where Anduin is seen speaking with Garrosh in his cell, it's actually Wrathion using the guise of Anduin to plan something with Garrosh.

Many people would like to see Garrosh turning to the burning legion (As unlikely as it may be due to his hatred of it) but maybe Wrathion sends him as a sort of double agent?

10+ Year Old Account
    that would be interesting. I'd love to imagine wrathion scheming in the background, seeing garrosh as a tool he can use.
    #boycottchina

I think wrathion is, despite his vast draconic intelect, more akin to a teenager. He got a glimpse of the end of this planet and felt a responsibility to act upon it, but the way he only sees his own way and the massive overconfidence in his scheming kind of tells me that he is acting like a overburdened child that came to easily to power. The quests in pandaria, especially the one for the blessings of the celestials kind of showed this imho. He is still young and has to learn alot, the question is if they will first sent him down a spiralling dark path towards his doom before redeeming him, or if they go for the more direct route in making him a "decent" anti-hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    that would be interesting. I'd love to imagine wrathion scheming in the background, seeing garrosh as a tool he can use.
    It's a nice thought but I doubt it's the truth. Now if it was me? Oh yeah, he'd be manipulating this shit all over.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I would disagree, I don't think Blizzard is that subtle. If they intended for Wrathion to visit Garrosh, they would of just shown Wrathion visiting Garrosh.

Plus I don't think Wrathion would have that much of an interest in Garrosh now that he's been deposed and the bulk of his supporters wiped out. If I had to guess his plans going forward, Wration might try to manipulate his way into control of both factions.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    I would disagree, I don't think Blizzard is that subtle. If they intended for Wrathion to visit Garrosh, they would of just shown Wrathion visiting Garrosh.

Plus I don't think Wrathion would have that much of an interest in Garrosh now that he's been deposed and the bulk of his supporters wiped out. If I had to guess his plans going forward, Wration might try to manipulate his way into control of both factions.
    yeah I gotta agree. blizzards shown lately they can't do subtle, there quite predictable when they have all there cards on the table, so whatever wrathion might do, there just drop a hint, and everyone will guess it right.
    #boycottchina

It would be an interesting twist but why would Garrosh trust Anduin (a person he tried to kill) more than Wrathion?

Have we ever seen illusion/shapeshifting/mimicry like that as a part of a Black Dragon's standard power set? They can shift or at least glamor themselves between a humanoid form and their true, draconic form, but is it something they can control the appearance of to be able to transform into "someone else" like that?

I wouldn't like to see a story route like this without precedent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Have we ever seen illusion/shapeshifting/mimicry like that as a part of a Black Dragon's standard power set? They can shift or at least glamor themselves between a humanoid form and their true, draconic form, but is it something they can control the appearance of to be able to transform into "someone else" like that?

I wouldn't like to see a story route like this without precedent.

At most people would cry "REHASH ONY 2.0" Remember, she made her own form as Katrina back in Vanilla WoW.

yeah I gotta agree. blizzards shown lately they can't do subtle, there quite predictable when they have all there cards on the table, so whatever wrathion might do, there just drop a hint, and everyone will guess it right.
    No subtelty is not their forte by any large degree. Forshadowing,hints they can do that but it's interesting to think about if they did do that. I mean I doubt that's their plan but I can believe it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    At most people would cry "REHASH ONY 2.0" Remember, she made her own form as Katrina back in Vanilla WoW.
    Right, but wasn't Katrana Prestor her own humanoid form, just like Daval Prestor was Deathwing's-- his physical humanoid form also changed to reflect alterations his draconic appearance in Cataclysm as well. She wasn't imitating the appearance of someone else to impersonate them, right? She just showed up and pretended to BE a noble that no one had seen before?
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-09-25 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Right, but wasn't Katrana Prestor her own humanoid form, just like Dava Prestor was Deathwing's-- his physical humanoid form also changed to reflect alterations his draconic appearance in Cataclysm as well. She wasn't imitating the appearance of someone else to impersonate them, right? She just showed up and pretended to BE a noble that no one had seen before?
    funny when you consider the constrast between them both.

Makes you wonder how onyxia as katrana would look as there zombified state as a human
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    funny when you consider the constrast between them both.

Makes you wonder how onyxia as katrana would look as there zombified state as a human
    I agree, and I would bet that it would have affected her. In the images above, I think it could be argued that you can see it's the same general "base"- it's the same guy, just with a lot of, uh, peripherals. I don't think it would be within Wrathion's expected power-set to shape-shift into Anduin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I think wrathion is, despite his vast draconic intelect, more akin to a teenager.
    Well, he is only two years old.

Some potential food for thought though.

Pretty sure that tweets suppose to be a Wrathion book coming out as i recall, think i saw the leaked trademark app a while back

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuke09 View Post
    Pretty sure that tweets suppose to be a Wrathion book coming out as i recall, think i saw the leaked trademark app a while back
    Ah, could very well be the case, aye. I was just shown the tweet by an excited guildie, sooo...

Quote Originally Posted by ryuke09 View Post
    I thought they learned their lesson, that comic books are shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I thought they learned their lesson, that comic books are shit.
    Uhm, Ashbringer and Curse of the Worgen were pretty good.

I think wrathion is truly interested in uniting the world in preparation for the coming war with the Legion. Now that both the Alliance and the Horde have failed to unite the world under one banner, I think he will seek to unite the world under his own banner. He is the type of fanatic that will do anything to realize his goals that he thinks are in the best interests of Azeroth. He will be a boss we face at some point before we face the legion.

Deleted
    I'm sorry when was Anduin talking to Garrosh in his cell?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuPanda View Post
    I'm sorry when was Anduin talking to Garrosh in his cell?
    This is what I was hoping to find out. It's written in the OP as if we should all know, but I haven't seen anything to this effect on MMO. Since there's not even a whif of 5.5 on PTRs yet, I'm going to go ahead and assume it's some kind of fan video?