Thread: [BrM] Help me!

Deleted

[BrM] Help me!

Hey guys. Yesterday i had to make the switch from WW to BRM on my monk. My guild is raiding ten man and one of our tanks simply wasnt able to raid enough.

I used pretty much the same setup i had as WW with the exception that i went for 15% expertise. I tanked Sha of pride without any notable problems and as per expected i was very high on dps.

We then struck Galakras and... i was being absolutely Pummeled like a tiny hamster and we didnt get him down. Tonight we are trying again and i am looking for some hints for gearing.

Rotation wise i am pretty confident that i am doing the right thing. I am keeping up the stagger buff from Blackout kick while using the appropriate cooldowns but i just seem to get hit so frigging hard.

Today i regemmed and reforged and i am now at 15% expertise, 8% hit, 14,83% haste, 38,40% crit, 10,08% Mastery and 727,4k hp. Basicly what i gimped most was i made 2k agility into a lot of HP.

I am using the tank legendary gem(from today) and using the dps legendary cloak.

Cant really tell you much without logs but I can give some tips on galakras. RJW is amazing. Easily your best damaging ability on that fight, just use it in place of jab when you're around multiple mobs. Chi Burst is also great in the 2nd phase to help out your healers.

You're going to need to provide some links to the logs, mate. Just your stats won't be able to tell us what's wrong.

Deleted
    Hey guys. Thank you for the reply. I just finished raiding tonight and woot! we got galakras down.

I still feel quite squishy compared to our DK tank though, and honestly i dont think we would have taken him if not for him.

I have a log of tonights raid for you, please dont be to hard on me

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...?s=8571&e=8707

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zabusasan View Post
    Hey guys. Thank you for the reply. I just finished raiding tonight and woot! we got galakras down.

I still feel quite squishy compared to our DK tank though, and honestly i dont think we would have taken him if not for him.

I have a log of tonights raid for you, please dont be to hard on me

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...?s=8571&e=8707
    Just saw my own damage. I'm really suprised how much i just gimped my own damage compared to last time. I've lost at least 40k dps

Deleted
    Your biggest issue (contrary to what you thought) is your Shuffle uptime. I've had a look at one of your longer tries on Sunday and it was <40%. THIS is what is killing you! Everything else you could optimize is secondary.

Whoever told you to go for stamina is wrong. You health pool is not your problem. Just read any of the guides available, none will promote stamina. AMR calculated you could get rid of 4800 stamina. Then put those into more useful stats.
    Try not to waste stat points on hit and expertise (post cap). Use a calculator if you don't want to do it yourself. You can reach your caps almost perfectly (AMR has you at 7.50% hit and 15.01% exp).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakhu View Post
    Your biggest issue (contrary to what you thought) is your Shuffle uptime. I've had a look at one of your longer tries on Sunday and it was <40%. THIS is what is killing you! Everything else you could optimize is secondary.

Whoever told you to go for stamina is wrong. You health pool is not your problem. Just read any of the guides available, none will promote stamina. AMR calculated you could get rid of 4800 stamina. Then put those into more useful stats.
    Try not to waste stat points on hit and expertise (post cap). Use a calculator if you don't want to do it yourself. You can reach your caps almost perfectly (AMR has you at 7.50% hit and 15.01% exp).
    Thx man.

I guess i wasnt as hot as i thought then. I knew allready before i did it that gemming stamina was sub-optimal. But as for me dying all the time i didnt really have a choice. How exactly do i check my shuffle uptime on the log? I have it setup ingame with power auras and it just seems to be up all the time for me(except when i am not tanking anything).

Deleted
    How exactly do i check my shuffle uptime on the log?
    Follow the link in my previous post. Click on the "Buffs cast" tab. Click the "#" at the end of the row for Shuffle. Voila!
    Ideally this would be one green bar from start to finish. The percentage number is found in the row for Shuffle in the Buffs table.

You should have Enduring Healing Sphere as a major glyph. And possibly the new glyph that gives you the free Healing Sphere when going below 35% health. This leaves you a large pile of healing orbs around your feet to walk into to offset large hits when CDs are down or healers are behind on you.

Always be mindful of your Expel Harm CD. While using it under 35% will not cause it to go on CD -- if you put it on CD yourself above 35% then get knocked down -- it won't reset the CD for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    if you put it on CD yourself above 35% then get knocked down -- it won't reset the CD for you.
    That is incorrect. It will reset the CD when you drop below 35% as it is intended. Sometimes this seems laggy or does not work correctly (when dropping below 35% from a non-direct-damage source) but in general is should.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    This leaves you a large pile of healing orbs around your feet to walk into to offset large hits when CDs are down or healers are behind on you.
    Boy is there ever! It was like I was swimming in a sea of green orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by promdate View Post
    Boy is there ever! It was like I was swimming in a sea of green orbs.
    Yeah, i could barely see the floor on some of the big aoe fests because it was bathed in a sea of jade life.

Huge improvement from the earlier attempts to the kill. I tanked the floor adds on my monk and had some issues on our first few pulls with getting slapped when adds were incoming. Don't be afraid to use a cd until you can get some shuffle/elusive brew rolling if you don't have it available. Monks are kind of that way that it takes time for your active mitigation and dmg reduction to get ramped up, so the pulls are basically your weakest point. Monks aren't all that hard just need a decent set of weakauras to track shuffle and whatnot and you'll be golden. All it takes after that is practice, like any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by hakhu View Post
    That is incorrect. It will reset the CD when you drop below 35% as it is intended. Sometimes this seems laggy or does not work correctly (when dropping below 35% from a non-direct-damage source) but in general is should.
    Well whatever it is, it bugs out all the time now then. Health pongs around a lot more often in SoO of course, so I'm intermittently below 35% quite often and see it still on CD...

Deleted
    I haven't had that problem. Do you have the glyph that lets you use it on others? That's the only one I can think of that effects expel harm.

You only need 7.5% hit. I'm guessing you know that, and are just over capped from all the hit on gear, but I felt it worth mentioning. I would suggest sacrificing stam for crit (I sit at around 510k unbuffed, 620k fully buffed, and I'm doing fine in 10mans and flex), and you could probably drop same haste for crit as well, but if you like your energy per second, then don't. I would suggest getting a few trinkets, some with dps stats, some with tank stats, and swapping them out when the fight calls for it.

Hey guys. Yesterday i had to make the switch from WW to BRM on my monk. My guild is raiding ten man and one of our tanks simply wasnt able to raid enough.

I used pretty much the same setup i had as WW with the exception that i went for 15% expertise. I tanked Sha of pride without any notable problems and as per expected i was very high on dps.

We then struck Galakras and... i was being absolutely Pummeled like a tiny hamster and we didnt get him down. Tonight we are trying again and i am looking for some hints for gearing.

Rotation wise i am pretty confident that i am doing the right thing. I am keeping up the stagger buff from Blackout kick while using the appropriate cooldowns but i just seem to get hit so frigging hard.

Today i regemmed and reforged and i am now at 15% expertise, 8% hit, 14,83% haste, 38,40% crit, 10,08% Mastery and 727,4k hp. Basicly what i gimped most was i made 2k agility into a lot of HP.

I am using the tank legendary gem(from today) and using the dps legendary cloak.
    do you have RoR on this fight? if you're dropping your shuffle maybe it's because you have not enought haste. so maybe drop that trinket, put in more mastery and take the tank cloak? i mean the first things you do when you're dying is to go more tankier.
    13/13

Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    I like to use a weakaura that makes it very clear to me when shuffle is about to fall off and when it's off. Its so hard to lose track of in the middle of a lot of chaos if you're not used to the mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    I like to use a weakaura that makes it very clear to me when shuffle is about to fall off and when it's off. Its so hard to lose track of in the middle of a lot of chaos if you're not used to the mechanic.
    Yeah, my shuffle WA is L-R centered maybe 300 pixels below center. It shows
    Annoying red shuffle icon if it's down and I'm in combat
    Peaceful shuffle icon with a timer if stagger is up and over 10s
    Progress bar that pops up to my character's feet and slides down towards the shuffle icon that matches the last 10s of shuffle duration.

Use clash as an additional stun on Galakras adds.

10+ Year Old Account
    The weak auras I use:

http://sunniersartofwar.com/brewmaster-weak-auras/

It tells you everything you dont have to use the full set up but the shuffle timer etc are great!

Quote Originally Posted by sarks View Post
    I haven't had that problem. Do you have the glyph that lets you use it on others? That's the only one I can think of that effects expel harm.
    It has nothing to do with glyphs, it's a bug that's been around as long as I can remember. Doesn't happen terribly often to me, though.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer