Deleted

Assurance + Engineering as BM

Hey guys,
    I'm sorry in advance if this topic has already been discussed, but I couldn't find any threads on it.

I've been using engineering since the start of MoP, since it's cd lines up fantastically with Bestial Wrath, which made it feel slightly ahead of the other professions with constant agi increase. My "problem" is that I got lucky enough to get the warforged assurance of consequence on the first week of 5.4, which changed my BW cd to 41s, which doesn't line up with engineering cd anymore.

My question is: does this change make other professions (with constant 320 agi bonus) better than engineering now? And if not, how to best utilize the cd itself- always lined up with BW (so once every 83s) or every minute, completely separating it from BW?

I know absolutely nothing about theorycrafting or any wow-related math, so I was hoping some more experienced people could share their oppinion on the topic. Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Latwyy View Post
    Hey guys,
    I'm sorry in advance if this topic has already been discussed, but I couldn't find any threads on it.

I've been using engineering since the start of MoP, since it's cd lines up fantastically with Bestial Wrath, which made it feel slightly ahead of the other professions with constant agi increase. My "problem" is that I got lucky enough to get the warforged assurance of consequence on the first week of 5.4, which changed my BW cd to 41s, which doesn't line up with engineering cd anymore.

My question is: does this change make other professions (with constant 320 agi bonus) better than engineering now? And if not, how to best utilize the cd itself- always lined up with BW (so once every 83s) or every minute, completely separating it from BW?

I know absolutely nothing about theorycrafting or any wow-related math, so I was hoping some more experienced people could share their oppinion on the topic. Thanks in advance
    I don't think it will make any significant difference. I would keep engineering and just use your glove tinker on cooldown unless fight mechanics dictate you need to save it (and BW) for particularly large burst. Depending on fight length, you might determine lining them up will give you more overall dps - but generally you'll want to get as many uses of it as possible to maximize your dps.

That trinket is amazing. Another hunter in my guild has it and when i hear him casting stampede minutes before my cd is up, it really makes me envious. congrats!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no math to back this up, but I still imagine that Eng. Gloves would still be better than a static 320 stat. With a 41 second CD on BW, they have a chance to line up for every other BW if you delay the glove by a couple of seconds.

AoC BW - 0, 41, 82, 123, 164, 205, 246, 287, 328, 369
    Eng - 0, 60, 123, 188, 246, 306, 369

Meaning, pop them both at the start. After 41 seconds, pop BW. At 60 seconds, use gloves. At 82, use BW. At 120 hold off on gloves for three seconds. At 123, pop both. Continue using them both on CD until the 243 second mark and hold off on the glove by three seconds top pop them simultaneously. Rinse and repeat, stalling the glove enchant by three seconds to align with BW for every other use.

Again, I can't guarantee that this is optimal and it's only my speculation, but I can't see how Eng would fall behind the static professions. The gloves average out to be 320 Agi anyways, with the added benefit of stacking for every other Bestial Wrath.

*Edit* The stacking for every other glove use assumes that BW will stay at 41 seconds. If the trinket is not upgraded and you do so, the timing will be off, invalidating the method I describe above. Regardless, Eng should still pull ahead due to a decent increase in our opening burst and reasons I've already stated.
    Last edited by ATron52; 2013-09-16 at 10:17 PM.