Enhance Gemming?

Ok I recently got new gear and was looking into re gemming and enchanting my stuff.

I go to old faithful askmrrobot.

It is telling me I want agility mastery gems in all my red slots, where I normally just put agility in there as I assumed it was the stat we gained the most benefit from (still is according to Noxic).

Can someone please explain this. This old man is confused.

Also I recently got my 553 tier gloves (upgraded to 561 to blow the valor), should I replace my 530 tier gloves and loose my tier bonus?

Quote Originally Posted by jobiwon View Post
    link your armory
    ask and you shall receive thanks in advance for your help.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...e/Maneo/simple

Around 550 ilvl the ratio between agi and mastery starts to shift towards mastery. So most likely you're still a bit low for mastery gemming and pure agi might give you better results....only one way to find out. Sim it

I'm currently 544 and agi+mastery in red and pure mastery in yellow gives me better results with UF/EotE build.

im rather confused with the "sim it" suggestions. Either im using the sim wrong or im not seeing the bigger picture. My sim says agi is more than 2 times greater than mastery or haste granted my ilvl isnt high, but when i sim some higher ilvl shammies with pure mastery or haste gems their values are very similar to mine yet they are not gemming pure agility

so is there a bigger picture im missing or am i not simming right? are the hc raider shammies simming while considering the tier is filled with cleave fights while im simming patchwerk or are my settings wrong in some way?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...am/Lxin/simple - me
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Werdup/simple - "hc raider i simmed", not as many pure mastery gems as i remembered but question still stays
    Last edited by nixlov; 2013-09-17 at 08:42 PM.
    THIS ABOUT DRUID! druid is most fast in the yellow cat. how catch yellow cat when so fast? i try BUT NO VERY SPEEDY! i need the help against druid. please blizzard mans make not more power on druid :*(
    wise words

Quote Originally Posted by nixlov View Post
    im rather confused with the "sim it" suggestions. Either im using the sim wrong or im not seeing the bigger picture. My sim says agi is more than 2 times greater than mastery or haste granted my ilvl isnt high, but when i sim some higher ilvl shammies with pure mastery or haste gems their values are very similar to mine yet they are not gemming pure agility

so is there a bigger picture im missing or am i not simming right? are the hc raider shammies simming while considering the tier is filled with cleave fights while im simming patchwerk or are my settings wrong in some way?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...am/Lxin/simple - me
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Werdup/simple - "hc raider i simmed", not as many pure mastery gems as i remembered but question still stays
    Keep in mind that secondary stats gem have double the stats that primary ones have. So what you need to analyze is if the secondary weight is more than half the weight of primary
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Keep gemming Agility and Agi Mastery to make up bonuses.

Once you start getting some SoO gear (once you get up to the 550+ mark) youll be able to start going straight mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    Keep in mind that secondary stats gem have double the stats that primary ones have. So what you need to analyze is if the secondary weight is more than half the weight of primary
    it didnt take much to make me feel like an idiot, wow i completely forgot about them having double the stats >< thank you very much
    THIS ABOUT DRUID! druid is most fast in the yellow cat. how catch yellow cat when so fast? i try BUT NO VERY SPEEDY! i need the help against druid. please blizzard mans make not more power on druid :*(
    wise words

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Ok I recently got new gear and was looking into re gemming and enchanting my stuff.

I go to old faithful askmrrobot.

It is telling me I want agility mastery gems in all my red slots, where I normally just put agility in there as I assumed it was the stat we gained the most benefit from (still is according to Noxic).

Can someone please explain this. This old man is confused.

Also I recently got my 553 tier gloves (upgraded to 561 to blow the valor), should I replace my 530 tier gloves and loose my tier bonus?
    I'm not a fan of "sims" or of the speculative websites that base their recommendations on theoretical performance under ideal conditions. There's a reason they call it "theorycrafting". My suggestion is to do trial-and-error to discover what works best for you.

In 5.4 I've gotten good results by gemming AGI or AGI+STAT whenever possible.

Agility on gems may only be 1/2 of what you get with a secondary stat like mastery, but for enhance, 1 AGI = 2 AP, and your AP is used to determine your overall damage and healing capacities.

I opted to reforge all haste and some hit into mastery (which got me to 50%), some crit into expertise to prevent special attacks from being dodged or parried, and then spec into ancestral swiftness to regain haste.

Haste is not as good as it was before the RPPM nerf, but at the end of the day you're going to have to accept the fact that a lot of your damage is coming from white auto attacks and haste affects these quite a bit.

I also use elemental blast, since it now benefits from the stormstrike debuff and it gives you a buff when you use it, which further improves DPS while its on CD. For PvE you might get better mileage with unleashed fury, especially with haste that makes your auto-attacks sub 1 sec.

Gemming for stats that you cannot reforge into is also something to consider. You cannot reforge to agility and there are no diminishing returns on stacking agility since it's always 1 AGI = 2 AP.