Thread: Fire mage buffs

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fire mage buffs

Ok guys i think i've seen all that i need to see in 5.4, this is outrageous but im not gonna go too far out of line i mean im just gonna ask nicely not OVER DO IT HERE U NO? OK so what are some fair ways to buff the fire mages to bring our spec back to where it was. i mean lets be generous here and not ask for TOO MUCH.
    i think i came up with a good solution, after a fair deal of testing and simcrafting i think a 5% buff to pyro, fireball, bombs, and combustion will bring our spec to where it needs to be. i mean if anyone has a better solution please feel free to express your findings.

inb4 i woke up in a new blugatti
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

since fire is absurdly strong at the highest gear levels for the expansion, I except they count on the same thing with MOP. problem is you cant rape both combustion AND ignite at the same time. one of them needs to do millions of dmg to compensate for the other.

I would air on the side of caution and wait to see how fire preforms with higher itemlevels, before we start demanding buffs for fire.

no its ok, its better to ask for buffs now. you know how blizzard works, they take forever to implement buffs. this is like making a christmas list in september kinda thing.
    - Jenna Jameson

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    Ok guys i think i've seen all that i need to see in 5.4, this is outrageous but im not gonna go too far out of line i mean im just gonna ask nicely not OVER DO IT HERE U NO? OK so what are some fair ways to buff the fire mages to bring our spec back to where it was. i mean lets be generous here and not ask for TOO MUCH.
    i think i came up with a good solution, after a fair deal of testing and simcrafting i think a 5% buff to pyro, fireball, bombs, and combustion will bring our spec to where it needs to be. i mean if anyone has a better solution please feel free to express your findings.

inb4 i woke up in a new blugatti
    Asking for buffs already, is this serious?

I understand you are upset because we don't ''Dominate'' charts as we did before... But saying that Fire needs to be buffed, to bring us back to where we were is NOT realistic and NOT needed.

I went from being top DPS in my group on every encounter in TOT to being top half of the encounters and number 2 on the rest in SOO. I seriously cannot side with you and ask for a single buff in our spec. Sorry buddy

don't be sorry friend. all will be well soon, i will make our class right again. i promise you that
    shh shh no tears only buffs now
    - Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    yea mages don't need to be buffed, NT tho!
    Total Honorable Kills - 46,552
    Total Killing blows - 43,116
    Total deaths - 3,164

After preliminary sims, www .noxxic.com/wow/dps-rankings/maximum#BiS, mages are only 2nd in single target dps. To go even further, mages have only parsed #1 on 4/13 fights (www .worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Siege_of_Orgrimmar/dps).

Frank Lee, to me this is unacceptable. Mages need some sort of buff to put them back on top. Your buffs are a start, Fearist, but I would be in favor of reduction on the cd of combustion. Maybe 20 seconds?
    Last edited by Funki Fresh; 2013-09-17 at 08:35 PM.

ty, i knew i wasn't alone in my "Crusade" as other mages are calling this. a 20 second combustion cd is indeed very viable, after (again) running many tests and simulations, it seems that the 20 second CD would indeed make up for the damage lost by this nerf. if i could +rep you like I can on bodybuildingforums, i would but sadly this website restricts me from + repping people, it just doesn't seem to have that option its a shame
    - Jenna Jameson

I agree with Fearist. You know the World of Warcraft has become unrecognizable when a Ret beats a Mage

i sure as hell dont know that mage but i am sure what i am doing will help him
    - Jenna Jameson

- Jenna Jameson

@voltaa how about we lock this thread. Nothing will come it but bitching and moaning because poor fire mages got a wittle nerf.

wow, you are some kinda troll. we're not bitching or moaning we're just asking for a little love. frost got a fancy new visual mastery and thats not enough? you have to come into my thread bashing my spec? unbelievable. where do you get off exactly?
    - Jenna Jameson

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastamage View Post
    @voltaa how about we lock this thread. Nothing will come it but bitching and moaning because poor fire mages got a wittle nerf.
    This. Please close this thread, it is not constructive, asking for buffs NEVER works for classes. Blizz knows where the dps of their classes are and act accordingly. Us screaming buffs won't get us buffs. End of story.

please dont lock this, this thread is very constructive we are brain storming ways to buff our beloved spec.
    - Jenna Jameson

IMO they should've buffed Fireball's damage by 15% and nerfed Pyro's direct damage by 10% if they were aiming to curb the higher-end gear scaling concerns without penalizing badly geared Fire mages, since Fireball makes up more of your casts the lower your crit rate is. Buuuuut the way things are now ...

... just add the Pyro dot damage back to Combustion, really. Make the spell less dependent on RNG crit swings.

that would be a good way to balance it tact, i like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    This. Please close this thread, it is not constructive, asking for buffs NEVER works for classes. Blizz knows where the dps of their classes are and act accordingly. Us screaming buffs won't get us buffs. End of story.
    you were screaming nerf fire, and buff arcane before 5.4, and now you're acting like that never happened. please kid, please go.

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by Swizzle; 2013-09-17 at 11:54 PM.
    - Jenna Jameson

He's trolling, and poorly.