Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Sealed tome of the lost legion

So i am here to grip... or maybe get some reassurance.. I have been farming for 3 days now.. I've killed around 30 rares and have YET to get this darn tome..

Does anyone know if anything has changed and there is somewhere else to get it or what?
    Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

funny, my Lock friend and I decided to farm rare(s) on sunday, got it on the first kill. I thought they made it a 100% drop or something, guess not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.. lucky you!
    In fact, I'd argue $100 for a bottle of scotch to drink while you're building it would be the best use of your money - but then, who wouldn't?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogawdspider View Post
    Does anyone know if anything has changed and there is somewhere else to get it or what?
    As always, RNG is RNG.
    Droprate wasn't changed as far as I'm aware, and no, so far there are no other ways to get it (besides the AH, of course).

I got it on my first and third kill on my lock.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

I sometimes go farm the rares if I need a little bit of valor for the weekly cap, and I've gotten at least 5 tomes just occasionally farming them like that. If I were to pull a number out of my ass I'd say a tome drops about every 30 rares for me, sometimes much faster.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If I remember correctly, if and when the tome drops, it's a single open-loot item available to all warlocks who had credit for the kill. If anyone else participated in the fight, get in close and get ready to start spam clicking the corpse the second that rare goes down, or -- if it drops -- another lock might pick it up before you do.

I got two of them in one week of occasional casual rare hunting back in patch 5.2, and my warlock is just an alt. It's really not horrendously rare. But it is ninja bait.

got mine after 63 rare kills. I went to island yesterday to get the key to the palace of lei shen. dropped from first rare. when you dont need it anymore it will drop more often

It's not open loot with multiple locks. When the isle first came out I farmed for it some with other guild locks and while it was visible to all of us it was always only lootable for one (and it was never me :P). I didn't end up getting it until around the end of July (never really cared as I play affliction mostly) after maybe 80-100 rare kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Bawl View Post
    It's not open loot with multiple locks. When the isle first came out I farmed for it some with other guild locks and while it was visible to all of us it was always only lootable for one (and it was never me :P). I didn't end up getting it until around the end of July (never really cared as I play affliction mostly) after maybe 80-100 rare kills.
    Pretty sure I read to the contrary, I wish I remembered where i'd read this though. I had horrible luck until I started spam clicking/solo farming, could be chance though I guess.

I found like 9, 8 of them went straight into AH or trade chat, not only they gave us the green fire quest they also gave us a huge moneymaker.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    I found like 9, 8 of them went straight into AH or trade chat, not only they gave us the green fire quest they also gave us a huge moneymaker.
    Indeed. Made about 300k gold within the first week because everyone wanted green fire NOW!!11

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, i am over 100 rare kills now and haven't seen it once :'(

- - - Updated - - -

Finally got it.. after probably 123ish kills.

Deleted
    Killed over 200 rares without a drop so I went and bought it on AH. After that I got four drops in as many days. That's rng for you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Got on my warlock weeks ago, and on the second try

10+ Year Old Account
    i farmed it for weeks and got so frustrated i just bought it on the auction house for 3k (which i felt was not too expensive)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hagen09 View Post
    Killed over 200 rares without a drop so I went and bought it on AH. After that I got four drops in as many days. That's rng for you...
    at least you can sell the excess.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just dropped the boss. Everyone says it is so easy.. It's gotta be the most difficult solo thing i have ever done in wow. Rogue legendary quest wasn't even close. There is such a huge margin for error! I am thrilled though!

Deleted
    Is the price for it on AH very high on your realm? I just saved time and bought mine, best 3k i've ever spent!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sho dar View Post
    Is the price for it on AH very high on your realm? I just saved time and bought mine, best 3k i've ever spent!
    There hasn't been one on the AH. I think though i might go farm them again.. to maybe make some profit!

Deleted
    I just got three of them on my warlock alt in 30 minutes of dailies in the Isle of Thunder. Did blizzard increase the drop rate or something?