Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unf View Post
    Pedophobia at its finest, this is the opposite of progress.
    But... children made to look older and also sexy is a hallmark of human progress in the western world ;(
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    But... children made to look older and also sexy is a hallmark of human progress in the western world ;(

you find childen sexy bakis? thats sick

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karmagheden View Post
    Good.

*Stabs a dagger in his desk* BACK TO THE ABYSS WITH THIS!!!!!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    *Stabs a dagger in his desk* BACK TO THE ABYSS WITH THIS!!!!!
    I'm still able to laugh myself silly at that, even hours after first seeing it.

Deleted
    Pedophobia at its finest, this is the opposite of progress.
    *scratches head*
    6 years old beauty contest.... progress?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    *scratches head*
    6 years old beauty contest.... progress?!
    For being a pedo yes it is considered *Progress*.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    For being a pedo yes it is considered *Progress*.
    And probably too old
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    No sorry. I'd like to actually call UNF in here and explain what exactly did he mean with "progress".
    What exactly does progress share with 6 years olds beauty contests? Just asking not being smart, maybe you had a theory behind that or something.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Article is too annoying to read on my phone, but in general I'm in favor of banning them. They aren't a problem in and of themselves, but parents put winning ahead of the needs of their children in unacceptable ways.
    Aye, kinda bullshit why they banned it but I'm happy they did. These contests are more of a problem in matter of child abuse or crappy parenting then anything else.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honey boo Bitch pageants are one thing. That shit is retardly stupid.

On the other hand my wife won a couple "Local" pageants that the city did just to take pride in an event. She is fine to this day and no harm came to her in the process.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    InB4 'if you disagree you are a potential pedophile.'
    But really, I tend to agree. Fuck children's beauty contests, but really, fuck all of them. Stupidest shit ever as I see it.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Deleted
    No, banning some show that probably only moms and grandmas watched just because somebody though they were being sexualized isn't. Just because we don't care doesn't mean its right to let it pass.

This is one average magazine tame magazines, very tame actually. They don't even look nearly as sexualized at this, why it gets called hyper-sexualization is too much.
    Hey lads. We have it here. Apparently to call 6 years olds beauty contests over sexualised they have to wear a thong and skimpy bikini!!

Nevermind the fact that the whole idea itself for <16 IS by definition oversexualisation. And objectification.

I wish it would be banned in the U.S. now, but alas that will probably never happen.
    Retired WOW player
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy 14

15+ Year Old Account
    No, banning some show that probably only moms and grandmas watched just because somebody though they were being sexualized isn't. Just because we don't care doesn't mean its right to let it pass.

This is one average magazine tame magazines, very tame actually. They don't even look nearly as sexualized at this, why it gets called hyper-sexualization is too much.
    I simply consider it sick to sexualize children in any shape or form.
    Fashion show contest at school for fun, fine. Having adult judges that portray to the child that how appreciated they are is meassured in their looks is retarded and just point to parents so insecure in themselves and with possible bad memories that they more than anything 'wish for their child to be popular'.
    Fuck 'em, they are idiots.

Deleted
    I don't really care for beauty pageants, but this is still bullshit. Nanny states never change.

Deleted
    Reading comprehension. All I am saying is that people should not say something its oversexualized when it can't even be categorized as sexualized, if it were it wouldn't be on mainstream TV. Like, might as well ban people who are <16 from all media because somebody will think even having them is sexualization, is that what they are trying to accomplish? Either way its too silly, not going to worry about something I really don't care about

Objectification? That is another whole subject, not touching with with a 6 foot pole.
    *sigh*
    Look, I appreciate you trying hard, but really. No.
    OF COURSE!!!! you won't see 6 years old doing what those models do on fhm or playboy or whatever. It's a whole different category. Once you take everything and you put it into its APPROPRIATE CONTEXT!!! anyone sane of mind would realise that yes, a 6 years old in a belly top wearing as much make up as a 50 dollars whore parading in front of adult judges is oversexualising, for their age.

Eeeh no objectification in HERE is not a whole different subject. It's actually extremely appropriate. But somehow something tells me you have a different opinion on that.

Faith in humanity restored by 1 point.

Seeing these things on TV disgusted me.

I think its a good move. Some parents (U.S) get their children plastic surgery in order to compete
    THats absolutely terrible! How could they even... *facepalms* words really can't express my shock and disgust at that fact.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reklia View Post
    Faith in humanity restored by 1 point.

Seeing these things on TV disgusted me.

THats absolutely terrible! How could they even... *facepalms* words really can't express my shock and disgust at that fact.
    No I don't believe that. Can someone confirm or deny?