Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    My dad was 56 when he had me and had one heart attack after another and my mom had severe strokes and was not able to work anymore. We lived off my dads social security and the money they got from the state.

Back in my day they called it what it was "food stamps". Faux news makes it sounds like this shit is heaven on earth. Only time I really ate was at school and my stomach hurt almost constantly. This is not some life of luxury.

I am sure if you can abuse it you can pull off that magical "living off he government", but if it were easy everyone would. Unless you are representing some million dollar constituency this is cold blooded shit.
    I am with this guy, I am currently living on my own making less than $1,200 per month GROSS, less than $1,000 a month after taxes and I STILL don't get but $16 per month in EBT.

Sorry, I think living off it exclusively isn't really possible at this point and if you are living off it exclusively, I hope you enjoy that churning feeling of hunger in your stomach as it will be closer to you than any friend you will have for a LONG time to come.

If I max it out, I can get $200 per month, but not sure just how far down I have to slide to get that level though and even then, that boils down to about $6.50 per day give or take.

Anyone who tells you living off government aid is a dream or something people want to do, they are lying to you. Many who collect wish they made enough that they didn't need it but the fact of the matter is the jobs we have no don't do their jobs anymore and the government would rather pacify people rather than force companies to fulfill their responsibilities to their employees.

15+ Year Old Account
    If i tried this here in Norway id be dead within 5 days, 4.50 would be 1 bread and 1L of milk, and thats it, maybe less

I feel bad for people that are forced to live on foodstamps :|
    NOBODY should go hungry or worry if they will be able to afford food the next week in "developed country"
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    If i tried this here in Norway id be dead within 5 days, 4.50 would be 1 bread and 1L of milk, and thats it, maybe less

I feel bad for people that are forced to live on foodstamps :|
    NOBODY should go hungry or worry if they will be able to afford food the next week in "developed country"
    you just summed up the hypocrisy that is rampant in this country... the same people that piss and moan about "welfare queens" are the first to say "rah rah usa number one!!!" not quite comprehending what that should entail. if people are going hungry, if we are begrudging people food and the ability to earn better wages then we arent really number one, now are we? luckily that crowd hasnt entirely taken over yet
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

And the house just cut welfare.

10+ Year Old Account
    Again I am reminded of the great Craig T Nelson when he said "I've been on foodstamps and welfare, did anyone help me out? No.".
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    you just summed up the hypocrisy that is rampant in this country... the same people that piss and moan about "welfare queens" are the first to say "rah rah usa number one!!!" not quite comprehending what that should entail. if people are going hungry, if we are begrudging people food and the ability to earn better wages then we arent really number one, now are we? luckily that crowd hasnt entirely taken over yet
    It's worse than that, the ones pissing and moaning about the Welfare Queens are actually supporting the biggest ones of them all. The companies in the US are the biggest welfare queens we have. You can take every individual welfare queen in the US and combine them, both Walmart and General Electric are individually bigger than all of them combined.

An average Walmart has an estimated cost of 1.9 million dollars per store in Welfare to their employees from their refusal to fulfill their responsibilities to their employees and forcing the government to foot the bill all the while paying their CEO something like 35 million per year and the Waltons over $30,000 per MINUTE and dodging most taxes doing it.

General Electric pays little to nothing in taxes and I remember reading in 2010 they paid ZERO in taxes on 5.1 billion in profits and actually got a 50 million dollar refund paid out of OUR taxes. And the list goes on.

The biggest Welfare queens are the ones at the top skirting their duties and forcing the populace to foot the bill for them. And these are the people these asshats support and call the people they shit on the welfare queens.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    I am with this guy, I am currently living on my own making less than $1,200 per month GROSS, less than $1,000 a month after taxes and I STILL don't get but $16 per month in EBT.

Sorry, I think living off it exclusively isn't really possible at this point and if you are living off it exclusively, I hope you enjoy that churning feeling of hunger in your stomach as it will be closer to you than any friend you will have for a LONG time to come.

If I max it out, I can get $200 per month, but not sure just how far down I have to slide to get that level though and even then, that boils down to about $6.50 per day give or take.

Anyone who tells you living off government aid is a dream or something people want to do, they are lying to you. Many who collect wish they made enough that they didn't need it but the fact of the matter is the jobs we have no don't do their jobs anymore and the government would rather pacify people rather than force companies to fulfill their responsibilities to their employees.
    and yet you still have internet.. I'll bet you're also paying for a subscription based video game.. have a decent smartphone.. and are currently attending college.. sorry bud but I've been there too and I survived.. if it really gets bad you could always scale back..

and in response to Puremallace.. it sounds like your parents were in genuine need of help and should have that help made available to them.. I'm not in favor of taking welfare away from people who have a true need for them..

I'm in favor of cutting welfare for those who are capable of working or making budgetary adjustments in order to support themselves.. if you have to choose between keeping your grandfathered unlimited data plan through Verizon or eating.. I think we all know where the cut should be made
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post
    and yet you still have internet.. I'll bet you're also paying for a subscription based video game.. have a decent smartphone.. and are currently attending college.. sorry bud but I've been there too and I survived.. if it really gets bad you could always scale back..

and in response to Puremallace.. it sounds like your parents were in genuine need of help and should have that help made available to them.. I'm not in favor of taking welfare away from people who have a true need for them..

I'm in favor of cutting welfare for those who are capable of working or making budgetary adjustments in order to support themselves.. if you have to choose between keeping your grandfathered unlimited data plan through Verizon or eating.. I think we all know where the cut should be made
    Wrong, don't pay any subscription based games, haven't in years and when I did, I lived with others and STILL didn't pay for it as I had gotten exceedingly well at the Auction House and sold gold so the game paid for itself and repairs to my vehicle at the time.

I have an old Iphone 3GS I got for FREE from someone, they had messed up trying to jailbreak it and gave it to me saying if I could have it if I fixed it.

Not attending college either, can't afford it, wanting to go back, but can't with the hours I currently have and can't find new work as I can barely do the crappy job I have now as I am fighting the VA over a back injury and just the act of standing hurts like hell.

Edit: Don't have cable-vision or satellite either. My total utilities are Electricity, Internet, Magic Jack telephone, Netflix for TV and my family helping me with a cellphone bill. That is the only things i have going into my house.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2013-09-20 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ishootblanks View Post

How am I supposed to get a job if I don't have a phone? Or if I get rid of my 'internet'? I have no phone, no email, no way for an employer to contact me, but I should just go get a job so I'm not on welfare? Perhaps it would make sense to make the minimum wage higher than what you get on welfare for not working, instead of leaving the min wage stagnant and having welfare try to keep up with the cost of living?
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Welfare recipients get more then 4.50 a day to eat on here in America. I know people who get food stamps. They eat well.
    Anecdotal evidence... That's always the best way to determine policy. Because YOU know someone who eats well on assistance, that must mean everyone does.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    How am I supposed to get a job if I don't have a phone? Or if I get rid of my 'internet'? I have no phone, no email, no way for an employer to contact me, but I should just go get a job so I'm not on welfare? Perhaps it would make sense to make the minimum wage higher than what you get on welfare for not working, instead of leaving the min wage stagnant and having welfare try to keep up with the cost of living?
    ever heard of pre-paid? http://www.walmart.com/ip/TracFone-S...undle/20933059 http://www.walmart.com/ip/NET10-25-P...ivery/15443337

$35 and you have plenty of phone an email service during your job search!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Wrong, don't pay any subscription based games, haven't in years and when I did, I lived with others and STILL didn't pay for it as I had gotten exceedingly well at the Auction House and sold gold so the game paid for itself and repairs to my vehicle at the time.

I have an old Iphone 3GS I got for FREE from someone, they had messed up trying to jailbreak it and gave it to me saying if I could have it if I fixed it.

Not attending college either, can't afford it, wanting to go back, but can't with the hours I currently have and can't find new work as I can barely do the crappy job I have now as I am fighting the VA over a back injury and just the act of standing hurts like hell.

Edit: Don't have cable-vision or satellite either. My total utilities are Electricity, Internet, Magic Jack telephone, Netflix for TV and my family helping me with a cellphone bill. That is the only things i have going into my house.
    good deal proving me wrong!

and what do you want me to say to you? that you should get more welfare until your VA benefits kick in? sorry.. but no.. you will get what you've earned and you already have your family helping you.. it sounds like you're mentally sound.. ever think about getting a job as a programmer? answering phones? moving somewhere cheaper? getting a couple of roommates? you have options
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432