Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
    This was also posted on a lot of sites:

"I work for GS in the LA area. I am happy to report to all of you that this bitch has been fired as of today. She was a cunt to work for, and trust me when I say that we are all happy that she is gone. Also, she has done worse than just this. Just last year she was under investigation for fudging the numbers in her books because money and games were coming up missing. She talked her way out of it and pegged it on an innocent girl who just killed herself this past May. Burn in hell Chrys."

Not sure how legitimate it is.

Yes, some insults here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Wanna know why it's rare, because it's encredibly rare for clerks or anyone working with direct contact with customers gets told day 1...behave or gtfo.

Heck, I had an entire day deticated today about how to treat customers at the airport. When you work at a company you represent the compony, act like it.

And yes, those who acted like the lady in the video multiple times have been fired.
    I thought it was more to do with the three months full pay you receive plus the extras afterwards making it a difficult process for the employer.

BTW when you work at an airport you are in a much more formal setting than in a game store and the people there are paying far more for your service. Plus I honestly think lightening the mood for however many people were inconvenienced by the incapable customer is more important than...I dunno, what harm was actually done by making a minor joke? In my opinion the guy was already made to look as stupid as possible by his own mistakes.

Can a mod close or move this useless thread already. This thread is better suited for the off topic section of MMO-C since there's a bunch of pointless arguing over something stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for her. I can't stand people in retail who bend over backwards to accomodate angry and stupid people.

Also, Grand Theft Auto is shit.
    Last edited by Nadev; 2013-09-19 at 09:23 PM.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Can a mod close or move this useless thread already. This thread is better suited for the off topic section of MMO-C since there's a bunch of pointless arguing over something stupid.

I wouldn't say it's useless, but I don't think it belongs here either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nadev View Post
    Eh, Grand Theft Auto is shit.

That is relevant to this topic.. how?

Amazing how people will do anything to bash gamestop.. if you have worked in customer sales then you do not understand.

It is an M GAME and GTA at that, how can you expect to not be carded? It doesnt matter how old you LOOK, same goes with tobacco and beer does it not? I see 60 year olds get carded.. so stop bashing the employee so hard for trying to do their job

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have just asked a guy in line who had a card to do it for him, give him the money etc. How simple might that have been? Simple.

Also it sounded like a bunch of guys were just supporting the female because of exactly that reason... She's a female. If that were a male manager I think it might have gone differently regarding the crowd.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-09-19 at 09:28 PM.
    Hey everyone

Steps to deal with an irate customer.

A) Blame it on company policy.
    B) Give them your 1-800 number and let them cry to customer support, who will then forward the QQ to your district manager, who will then QQ to you asking you why you didn't break company policy and just give him his game.
    C) Tell your district manager that the last district manager threatened to give you a verbal warning if you broke company policy again. (Because Gamestop district managers seem to quit every year.)

Irate customer because District manager's problem. District Manager can't berate you for following policy to the letter. Everybody wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Amazing how people will do anything to bash gamestop.. if you have worked in customer sales then you do not understand.

It is an M GAME and GTA at that, how can you expect to not be carded? It doesnt matter how old you LOOK, same goes with tobacco and beer does it not? I see 60 year olds get carded.. so stop bashing the employee so hard for trying to do their job

That's not the point. She is paid to be professional.. which means holding in her immaturity and not getting snarky and doing what she did. The guy on the other hand is a customer. Yes, if you've ever worked at customer service or the like: it does suck, but you're paid to present the company at which you are employed, and if you give them a bad name by snarking at customers just because you want the last word.. well, then you deserve to face the consequences.

Worst part is that she's district or regional manager, which means that she has or had more than double the responsibilities of a normal employee. She wanted to risk that by acting like a child because a customer did. She took the risk and she (apparently) lost.

I find it very amusing how you clearly have no idea how working with people is. You seem to live in a fairy tail where a customer being wrong, will just deal with it and walk away.
    Dealing with people like this is a skill that can't be taught, some people have it, some don't.

The customer is not always right, and most of the time they're wrong, but you can't tell them that and you have to be able to deal with them in a civil manner. You can work with them to keep them from getting completely pissed off, like this guy. If she has said something like "Sorry, I can't use your business card as a valid ID to pick up the game, but I can take your card, put it with a copy of the game here, I'll hold it for you until you can bring your ID" He probably would have still been mad he didn't get his game, but she held to company policy and promised that he'd still get his game and made the store look really good in the process because she put the customer first.

I've been an assistant store manager, sometimes you have to do things you normally wouldn't do to keep some customers happy and keep them from making a scene and hurting the rest of your business. Each situation and customer is different so will require different tactics, but the bottom line is, you do what's best for your business and if that means letting some dick head, douchebag, self righteous twat walk all over you, you fucking lie down and do it...then have a beer after work to cool off because it sucks. Handling the situation that way can impress other customers that saw the whole incident and pretty much guarantees you their future business because you are awesome at customer service (at least that's how they see it).

Quote Originally Posted by Vallin View Post
    M rated games require Photo ID. Im 25 and still get carded for buying them. Business card is not a valid ID form. They were both out of line. She should have bit her tongue and just continued on instead of threatening/joking? about revealing his personal information. He shouldn't have come back and caused a bigger scene.
    They invented this amazing thing called Steam and Amazon that does not require being carded and talking to people who were unable to get real jobs so they take it out on customers.