Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Me and a friend got warned for negative attitude after we had a lot of fun, our entire team had a lot of fun, on ARAM. It was clear that we were gonna win, and it was just ARAM so we decided to mess around. All of us got Zephyr and nothing but Zephyr, and kept running into their base. Everyone on our team was in on it, so someone on the OTHER team mustve reported us for NEGATIVE ATTITUDE.
    I dont understand it at all. Everyone thought it was funny and we had a great game. It's just ARAM. I don't understand how our attitudes were negative.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amontoya86 View Post
    So..........how many people are banned for AFK/Leaving game?
    Different systems handles afk/leavers, I don't think they released those numbers.

- - - Updated - - -
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Me and a friend got warned for negative attitude after we had a lot of fun, our entire team had a lot of fun, on ARAM. It was clear that we were gonna win, and it was just ARAM so we decided to mess around. All of us got Zephyr and nothing but Zephyr, and kept running into their base. Everyone on our team was in on it, so someone on the OTHER team mustve reported us for NEGATIVE ATTITUDE.
    I dont understand it at all. Everyone thought it was funny and we had a great game. It's just ARAM. I don't understand how our attitudes were negative.
    You were patronizing the other team, I'm sure you can see this.

You'd won the game, the sportsmanlike thing to do is end it, not toy with them like a cat with a mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    If Tinkers aren't the next class in WoW I'll shit in my hands and clap then eat my shoe.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Very important thing: when I was doing tribunal type of report almost never was consistent with the actual offence. People usually just put in a random category. Also, 90% of "intentional feeding" reports are on people who had a bad game - or just died once and one player was a pissy moron. 9 out of 10 "intentional feeding" reports are a pardon.
    Let's forget my previous comment and assume those percentages are not completely meaningless - that just means that people are vulgar and offensive much more often than they actually troll(In all my games I met an actual troll, not a bad player, once.). Why are you troubled by people reporting behaviour they find unacceptable, things they do not want to have to put up with? Besides, ignoring is usually a bad idea. This is a team game, and whether I like it or not I will have to coordinate my play with that guy who just wished me to get cancer and AIDS at the same time. Putting him on ignore makes that nigh-impossible.
    Such a terrible, terrible example. What possessed you to think it's a good one?
    When a player leaves the battleground another one comes in shortly - not to mention this is at worst 1/10th of your team gone for a short time from an environment where inactivity for a minute or two is not equal to an insurmountable disadvantage, not even close. In a LoL match if you leave you just made your team lose the game. Enemy team has to be VASTLY inferior in skill or actively trying to lose if you are to win a 4v5... and that rarely happens. You get banned for leaving a LoL match because it's the best kind of assistance you can give to the enemy team.
    Most importantly: Riot does not decide who to warn/ban. Players do. The entire point of tribunal is to let the players decide who they do not want to see in their games.
    I agree, people get reported for intentionally feeding all the time when they are not, and usually there is someone berating them for being "bad" making it even worse.

Deleted
    I don't understand why we're even discussing this. Abusive language and insults are never excusable if they are the biggest part of the reports is maybe, just maybe, because it is the most common infraction committed. Even if trolling, feeding are worse, maybe they are just less common of a person simply telling you to die, or go screw yourself.

Even if the outburst is against trolls or feeder, those do not go away just by being a bigger douchebag if anything they get feeded by such attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I don't understand why we're even discussing this. Abusive language and insults are never excusable if they are the biggest part of the reports is maybe, just maybe, because it is the most common infraction committed. Even if trolling, feeding are worse, maybe they are just less common of a person simply telling you to die, or go screw yourself.

Even if the outburst is against trolls or feeder, those do not go away just by being a bigger douchebag if anything they get feeded by such attitude.
    Because those don't make me waste 30+ minutes, and are the ones with the highest "conviction" rate. Because Riot leaves the punishing up to a system that can't possibly contain the trolls/feeder/etc if they are even half smart at what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Getting offended doesn't make you a massive, gaping, female sex tool. It's normal. Every human being gets offended when you act like a dick at them. That's the thing that takes the fun away from the game. Maybe you're the one that should leave the game until you grow up
    exactly. It is funny how it is all about dicks and vaginas. Dicks complain about people being pussies while they are being dicks. The other complains about the first.

Key here, being a dick is never the high road. If you don't have the social skills and tact to play with others, then maybe you shouldn't play with others; or find like minded people and always play with them.

You cannot, however, expect to play with random people and assume all will be diamond ranked skill for the whole game, nor should you feel comfortable talking trash and using abusive/foul language to strangers just because you and your friends find it cool or funny.

People come from different backgrounds. Some people can go their whole life with rarely hearing a curse word nor have any type of aggressive joking. Some people are very much into foul language and abusive teasing/play.

What you need to first do is respect the other humans around you. You know how you feel being abusive is no big deal but it annoys you that people are so 'sensitive'? Well have some empathy and realize they are annoyed at you just as much and have just as much right to feel that way.

This is where you should be respectful in /all ... and group with friends who enjoy the abusive teasing for your team chat. This way, you get to be a dick with other dicks, and you still are being a respected member of the community as a whole because you show the maturity that not everyone enjoys the aggressiveness, foulness, etc.

Try to find some way to relate to it. Bad analogies are a strong point of mine, so here is one: Sex (relates to our dick vs pussy personality argument ). Some people like and enjoy 'vanilla' sex. Some are more playful. Some get very extreme, like BDSM ... and it can get quite dark or disturbing the further you go down the rabbit hole (trying to keep it relatively clean). Both the softcore and hardcore ways of doing it are fine; but you wouldn't get a softcore girl to enjoy waterspots, they'd find you disgusting, nor should you have to stop liking the things you do, but that doesn't mean you should go around pissing on everyone because you and your friends like it.

What you like is not for everyone; so keep the extreme shit with your friends. Basically, just don't be abusive or extremely vulgar. A bit of cursing is fine. Being truly helpful and constructive with your criticism while keeping it toned down more towards the polite side is great. Telling people 'hey you fucking distended rectum, eat shit for buying an item I don't agree with/made a mistake in lane/etc' is not good for your game, not helpful at all. You are only instigating, causing the game to go more sour. Being helpful is explaining why it was wrong and what they could do different ... 'don't buy doran's blades, you are support, you need to start with x with that champ and dfg to buy wards!!!' or 'before you initiate, make sure you have map awareness, if you aren't sure, ask/ping first' ... stuff like that. Actually try to be supportive and improve your fellow player; or just play with people you trust.

Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    -snip-
    The problem is very few people I run into start out simply swearing and acting horrendous to other players.

This is how it always goes: Person A will make a mistake, no one says a word. He makes it again and person B politely tells him a way to fix it. Person A repeats, person B repeats what he did. Person A does again, and by this point person B has no reason to try and help because A is simply refusing in any way to try and play.

I don't expect anyone I play with to be Diamond level, I expect them to be able to play the level they are at, which isn't asking anything ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Faltemer View Post
    This is how it always goes: Person A will make a mistake, no one says a word. He makes it again and person B politely tells him a way to fix it. Person A repeats, person B repeats what he did. Person A does again, and by this point person B has no reason to try and help because A is simply refusing in any way to try and play.
    Then the level of toxic player you have been teamed with is quite nice. Think yourself lucky.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    Then the level of toxic player you have been teamed with is quite nice. Think yourself lucky.
    More like the real toxic players are those who troll/feed for fun, at least in my experience.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    More like the real toxic players are those who troll/feed for fun, at least in my experience.
    I'm yet to do ranked as I'm still on a level 22 acc.

But I rather have a troll/feed for fun guy than some toxic arsehole who spends the entire game raging and insulting everyone (generally while having the worst score in my experience. I also tend to get mad more when playing badly).
    Lose a game because of a troll, I don't care. Someone being a fucking asshole whom I'd break the jaw on RL? I do care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because those don't make me waste 30+ minutes, and are the ones with the highest "conviction" rate. Because Riot leaves the punishing up to a system that can't possibly contain the trolls/feeder/etc if they are even half smart at what they are doing.
    I'm gonna hazard a wild guess that you're in one of the lower leagues, because I very rarely see this shit happen with where I'm at. I actually tend to see the losing team have people flaming their own team and thus not actually focus on the match. If your team gets caught up in a fight with other members of said team you're probably going to lose because it destroys teamwork and concentration. People start making lots of mistakes because they're irritated and frustrated, which leads to more flaming which leads to even worse play. That type of shit is less common the higher you go in rank because the better players know teamwork is extremely important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    im a firm believer that if you get upset by words in a game or on the internet, you should probably get off the internet. grow some nads and stop whining.
    Your mother is a <bad word>.

Oh, you can't be offended, this is the Internet.

( I'm not being serious here, I'm just trying to show how silly this argument is. )

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    I'm yet to do ranked as I'm still on a level 22 acc.

But I rather have a troll/feed for fun guy than some toxic arsehole who spends the entire game raging and insulting everyone (generally while having the worst score in my experience. I also tend to get mad more when playing badly).
    Lose a game because of a troll, I don't care. Someone being a fucking asshole whom I'd break the jaw on RL? I do care.
    Play ranked and see if your mind changes, I don't care what you do in normals, cause I assume you are gonna take risks that aren't worth it, and try weird builds, or weird champs. It's fine. But in ranked you want to win, you want to climb the ladder, and when you don't and it's because someone is doing it purposefully, that is far more insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I'm gonna hazard a wild guess that you're in one of the lower leagues, because I very rarely see this shit happen with where I'm at. I actually tend to see the losing team have people flaming their own team and thus not actually focus on the match. If your team gets caught up in a fight with other members of said team you're probably going to lose because it destroys teamwork and concentration. People start making lots of mistakes because they're irritated and frustrated, which leads to more flaming which leads to even worse play. That type of shit is less common the higher you go in rank because the better players know teamwork is extremely important.
    I'm not hat high up, true. But someone refusing to group or feeding are bigger indicators of a guaranteed loss to me, then someone yelling in chat. I assume at higher leagues this doesn't happen, so only infighting causes problems, and if that were the situation I was in, I wouldn't make these complaints. But that isn't what I deal, I wish it was, but it isn't.

People report other people for no reason at all so if you ask me i wouldnt really believe in those percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradonic View Post
    People report other people for no reason at all so if you ask me i wouldnt really believe in those percentages.
    That's the conviction rate I believe, so not much to believe it simply is.

Deleted
    Then they're simply not the majority of the cases that are received even if they're more annoying. That's really everything that there's to it.
    If your experience is that you meet more feeders/troll than abusive guys, I'm sorry but this does not necessarily reflect to everyone else experiences.

If the 46% of the report are for abusive language it is not because trolls and feeders do not get reported it means that the *quantity* of the those is not the same *quantity* of abusive language players.