Rune of the fallen crusader and it's procs/uptime

I've been hunting around a little bit and it seems all the information i can find on this rune suggests it triggers at PPM without a static chance on hit percentage.

Is there a static chance on it for it to proc, or is it as other people suggest based on weapon speeds. If the latter, does anyone know a ballpark proc chance for certain key weapon speeds?

In regards to up-time on buff, I'm aware the the buff is replaced upon a fresh proc and that they do not stack but can someone please let me know what they average in up-times and what their weapon speeds are.

Sincerely,
    Mortesh

Fallen Crusader is 2 PPM. The formula is

(swing speed)/(60/PPM)

So if your 2H weapon has a 3.6s base swing speed it has a 12% chance to proc on every hit. Melee attack speed buffs like Icy Talons, Unholy Aura, Bloodlust, etc, do not impact the base swing speed, so they will give additional procs.

Uptime is approx 75/90/80% for DW frost, 2H frost, and Unholy respectively. That assumes DW only has FC on the offhand, of course, if it's on both hands uptime will be higher (but total damage, lower.)

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Fallen Crusader is 2 PPM. The formula is

(swing speed)/(60/PPM)

So if your 2H weapon has a 3.6s base swing speed it has a 12% chance to proc on every hit. Melee attack speed buffs like Icy Talons, Unholy Aura, Bloodlust, etc, do not impact the base swing speed, so they will give additional procs.

Uptime is approx 75/90/80% for DW frost, 2H frost, and Unholy respectively. That assumes DW only has FC on the offhand, of course, if it's on both hands uptime will be higher (but total damage, lower.)

it's going to show that I'm new here, where do you find the PPM? I've had times where i get 4 PPM. but you gave me the hard number of 2 PPM and i don't know where to find that information.

I looked at the simcraft source code.

Like I said earlier, you will get a LOT more than 2 procs per minute. The base PPM just determines the proc chance per hit, but you have haste and instant attacks. Every instant attack has a 12% chance to proc as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortesh View Post
    it's going to show that I'm new here, where do you find the PPM? I've had times where i get 4 PPM. but you gave me the hard number of 2 PPM and i don't know where to find that information.
    You can determine it yourself by using logs.

Go up to a training dummy and log the combat. Attack it (just auto-attacks to make this simple) for probably at least 10 minutes.

Take the number of procs and divide it by the total number of successful attacks. This will give you a probability per hit, from which you can find the pre-haste PPM:

Probability = Base_PPM * Tooltip_Swing_Speed / 60
    Solving for Base_PPM,
    Base_PPM = 60 * Probability / Tooltip_Swing_Speed
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

Thanks for the help you guys. Now on to phase two of my research.