Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Arena when the 15 minutes are up

Do you take even more damage if you have the lowest health of the match?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's actually an extremely stupid system if you ask me though. Basically after you see the indicator that shows who got the lowest hp of the match, you basically have to hurry the fuck up and that usually ends up in panicking, which ends up in losing the game even without the buff.

Needless to say I'm not happy with the buff... Getting someone to low HP doesn't mean they should win. It basically means you're forced to used CDs trying to not get to the lowest HP of the arena game, else you'll lose anyways. The buff should only kick in when you have actually killed someone AND it has taken you like 5-10 minutes, and even then you can still win an arena game as a healer...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    Yes, it's actually an extremely stupid system if you ask me though. Basically after you see the indicator that shows who got the lowest hp of the match, you basically have to hurry the fuck up and that usually ends up in panicking, which ends up in losing the game even without the buff.

Needless to say I'm not happy with the buff... Getting someone to low HP doesn't mean they should win. It basically means you're forced to used CDs trying to not get to the lowest HP of the arena game, else you'll lose anyways. The buff should only kick in when you have actually killed someone AND it has taken you like 5-10 minutes, and even then you can still win an arena game as a healer...
    Thanks i thought so how big is the buff? That seems very stupid sometimes my healer lets himself get to low health before bubbling so i can get some more dps on the targets without switching. Is it only on 2s?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Yeah that's a really annoying downside to the tiebreaker, you get punished for not using defensive CDs when you know you can live without them.

No, it's in all brackets.
    Thats frustrating

You just got done making a post with you rage quitting games and saying you don't know what to do...I hardly think you are in any position to give advice on the system.

Deleted
    I love the new system and I think that it's a huge improvement from the previous patch.
    Arenas could drag on for god knows how long and let's be honest, if it's not over after 15 minutes it's not going to be fun playing the rest of it. It's the same way as the timers on battlegrounds.

Im having a hard time deciding if i like or not.. I mean its good for endless games but the big prob right now is that if ure against a Healer DPS setup using the same it will always end with someone getting this buff. With Resilience buffed its impossible to kill someone if ure single dps. Basicly u run around doing nothing for 15min and then smeone diesw

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by banans View Post
    I love the new system and I think that it's a huge improvement from the previous patch.
    Arenas could drag on for god knows how long and let's be honest, if it's not over after 15 minutes it's not going to be fun playing the rest of it. It's the same way as the timers on battlegrounds.
    Both teams should get the buff then not the team that got someone to lowest health because as someone previous said just because you dont need to pop your defensive cooldowns you get punished at the end

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    Im having a hard time deciding if i like or not.. I mean its good for endless games but the big prob right now is that if ure against a Healer DPS setup using the same it will always end with someone getting this buff. With Resilience buffed its impossible to kill someone if ure single dps. Basicly u run around doing nothing for 15min and then smeone diesw
    This it happened to me 3 times once for twice against no one got close to dying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonman View Post
    That's is weird that you find that a single dps can't kill anything. I play heal/dps and my dps buddy(monk) can kill things just fine. Sure there are games where we or the other team will get the buff, but those games would have lasted 25 minutes before the patch anyway. I think the timer should be brought down to 10 minutes in fact. I'm definitely liking this thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's that or play 25 minutes games with both sides losing.

I can't condemn it because the alternative sucks more.

Not really

It just favours the team with the higher burst.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its stupid. They should fix their healer balance to prevent these stupidly long games instead of putting in a 1 shot buff for the team that came close to 1 shotting someone earlier in the game.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

A friend and I were queuing 2s last night in pretty average gear for fun and points and we came up against a 2 healer team. They were obviously not trying to win legitimately they were hoping that their opposition would quit I guess. We aren't world class pvp'rs by any stretch so there was no way we were going to burst down a geared hpally and rdruid. We refused to quit on principle so just ran about for 15mins attacking them occasionally, when the 15mins expired we one shot both of them. If the Crowd chose you buff was put in to put an end to this kind of double healer trolling then I'm ok with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oblongship View Post
    You just got done making a post with you rage quitting games and saying you don't know what to do...I hardly think you are in any position to give advice on the system.
    I'm pretty sure I'm more capable of giving opinions about the system than you are. Just because I asked for help on how to beat 2200 rated teams in 2s doesn't mean I'm not capable. Also, pretty stupid of you to presume I ragequit arena games 24/7, so go hide in your corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    It's that or play 25 minutes games with both sides losing.

I can't condemn it because the alternative sucks more.
    I don't know man.. I'd rather have a tie knowing neither of us could kill than seeing my opponent win because his class is more capable of getting someone lower, but not finish. Just look at frost mages, or fire mages. They can do immense burst, but usually have a tough time finishing something off. Same could count for boomkins. Getting someone low doesn't mean you should win.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2013-09-20 at 05:48 AM.

Deleted
    I love this change, nough said

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a good idea but it needs some work. Instead of just one shotting something i would suggest that its a slowly stacking buff instead. Something like *after 10 min all the dps gets 10% damage buff stacking another 10% every miniute*

This way the game would continue until someone dies without it being instantly decided by the buff.
    Being constructive feels good. You should try it.

From a competitive standpoint, the buff should only happen after someone has died. Probably 2 minutes after someone has died if nobody else has died yet. That way you can't have a healer sitting in a 1v2 for 25 minutes, but in a 3v3 if one person dies and then the team of 2 kills someone it will just turn into a 2v2 with no buff.

It's really idiotic the way it is now and I feel like no real thought went into it. Doing it this way they should just remove the draw function and make it whoever gets the lowest loses after 25 minutes if nobody dies, instead of giving a buff after 15 minutes that decides the game anyway.

Its stupid, it promotes stupid peel, pillar humping centric 15 min games to win after 15 mins. Its not enjoyable to just be peeled all day, using cooldowns when enemys pop cds, not when you need too, or saving it till the last minute. Feel like 2s is not playable, only 3s.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they should give the buff to everyone and make it sudden death.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Its BS tbh, can't beat ele shammies or moonkin now cos they just turtle (2s)