Thread: Viewport Addons

10+ Year Old Account

Viewport Addons

Greetings! I seek aid in either remedying a problem if it is one, or a new addon that does the job of what I seek!

Currently I use a UI addon called Spartan UI (SUI) and it coveres the complete bottom part of my screen, and Titan panel. To help alleviate the 'issues' of the coverage these addons use, I presently use Sunnart to change my viewing screen so that nothing is 'hidden' behind the two addons (More so SUI then titan)

However, these viewports seem to stop functioning if either my UI is changed (loading screen) or if I enter a cinematic, or I use the full screen map.

I was curious if this is simply a sunnart problem that I haven't fixed, or if there as a better addon out there that will achieve what I seek, and not undo itself

Awesome Sig/Avatar by the lovely Rivellana

Deleted
    I had used sunnart too and only had problems when rezising my WoW window.
    I have switched to an addon called Skinner since (for skinning as well as viewport) and have no problems with that.

Deleted
    You can do that via macro aswell.
    Code:
    /run WorldFrame:ClearAllPoints()
    /run WorldFrame:SetPoint("LEFT", 50, 0)
    /run WorldFrame:SetPoint("RIGHT", -50, 0)
    /run WorldFrame:SetPoint("TOP", 0, -100)
    /run WorldFrame:SetPoint("BOTTOM", 0, 200)
    There may be events that will reset the setpoints.

In short:
    Code:
    /run local t,r,b,l,W,C,S=-100,-50,200,50,WorldFrame,W.ClearAllPoints,W.SetPoint;C();S("TOPLEFT",l,t);S("BOTTOMRIGHT",r,b)
    parameters:
    - right
    - bottom
    - left
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2013-09-20 at 10:48 AM.

Deleted
    Your shortened version won't work, actually, for two reasons:

1. Unless the WorldFrame is different from all other frames in this regard, you always need to pass the frame itself as the first argument to any frame method. So in your example, you'd need:
    Code:
    C(W)S(W,"TOPLEFT",l,t)S(W,"BOTTOMRIGHT",r,b)
    (Also, local-ing the ClearAllPoints call is somewhat redundant if it's only invoked once)

2. You can't access a variable's new value in the same assignment statement you define it in.
    Code:
    > local W,C,S=WorldFrame,W.ClearAllPoints,W.SetPoint
    Error: attempt to index global 'W' (a nil value)

Fixed version: (top,bottom,left,right in that order)
    Code:
    /run local t,b,l,r,W,S=100,200,50,50 W=WorldFrame S=W.SetPoint W:ClearAllPoints()S(W,"BOTTOMLEFT",l,b)S(W,"TOPRIGHT",-r,-t