Thread: New PC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tenangrychickens View Post
    Not really, no. Have you considered posting on the Blizzard forums about this issue if it keeps happening?
    yes 3 days no reply

This may be a silly question but have you tried disabling Intel's integrated graphic cards?

When I first got my computer it was using the Intel graphic cards instead of my Nvidea card.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    This may be a silly question but have you tried disabling Intel's integrated graphic cards?

When I first got my computer it was using the Intel graphic cards instead of my Nvidea card.
    that is a long shot but
    the monitor is plugged into the graphics card is it possible that the intel hc graphics is being used instead of the gtx 670 ?
    how can i check what graphics card is being used ?
    Last edited by mmoc776414944d; 2013-09-22 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sunflash2009 View Post
    that is a long shot but
    the monitor is plugged into the graphics card is it possible that the intel hc graphics is being used instead of the gtx 670 ?
    No, every single motherboard by default uses the PCIe GPU over the integrated one.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

that is a long shot but

With me personally I noticed it with some games had the intel gpu in their graphic settings. However having said that Nvidea's Ge-force experience would see my GTX card but the games themselves wouldn't use it.

For WoW for example my frames would be max 40 on low settings and 20 max on Ultra (not during raids).
    Last edited by ati87; 2013-09-22 at 07:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    With me personally I noticed it with some games had the intel gpu in their graphic settings. However having said that Nvidea's Ge-force experience would see my GTX card but the games themselves wouldn't use it.

For WoW for example my frames would be max 40 on low settings and 20 max on Ultra (not during raids).
    so then is there a way to see if wow uses my nvidia card or the intel integrated one ?

so then is there a way to see if wow uses my nvidia card or the intel integrated one ?
    Bordering on beating a dead horse here but there is absolutely ZERO reason to upgrade to your processor. An I5 3570K is more than enough for WoW. If you are just itching to spend money you should be spending money to get a adequate cooling solution for your 3570k. You should be overclocking it to 4.2-4.5 ghz.

Deleted
    i will buy this Cooler Thermalright Silver Arrow SB-E Extreme as its the best air cooler on the market
    and try to oc the cpu and see what that does

1.will the cooler even fit in there ?
    2.if it fits will it leave space to actually put the memory back in ?
    3.how should i aim the fans left - right or down - up ?
    4.will getting more memory improve my fps i am running with 8 GB
    Last edited by mmoc776414944d; 2013-09-22 at 09:08 PM.

1 - what case are you using?
    2 - how high is your memory? Over 30mm is too high for the silver arrow extreme
    3 - spinning to the back and top of the case. They come with arrows showing airflow so setting them is pretty easy.
    4 - no it won't do anything
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Deleted
    1.cooler master haf 912 plus
    2.this is the memory i use Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz rev A and i think it is over 30mm
    3.so it would be better to make the airflow go from down (the gpu) up where the case has an opening ?
    4.i see

Their is absolutely no reason to believe that OC the CPU will triple his FPS....

What I did notice back when I forst got my comp was that I couldn't access all of the Nvidia settings. I don't exactly remember which settings I couldn't access but what it came down to was that I would get a error because my computer wasn't really using my card.

Also comparing your frames with mine at the start I would say your issue is your graphic card. WoW may be a CPU game but I can tell from experience that playing with integrated GPU results in 20 FPS at ultra (without shadow) at best, this was with a I5-4760.

it is better to have the heatsink pointed so that the airflow goes towards where the exhaust is. so in this case you would want the heatsink pointed towards the back of the case where your rear exhaust is, or pointed towards the top of your case if you have exhaust fans there.