Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Save more money before building your computer. You have the start of the funds for something you will be happy with for longer than 2 years.

Edit: Just noticed you already ordered. Can't help but feel like it was a bad choice to not save some more money for a couple months and then order when all the major holiday sales are going on.
    Well after 5.4 my wifes aging laptop has finally buckled so told her we are not putting it off any longer and I would build her a PC this week, I have part funded it to get her some extras and to be honest for a wow machine I think this will do just fine, also have the option of dropping in an i5 2500k when it starts to age and have only lost £50 on the cpu which if it lasts for 2 years is hardly a loss :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluorescent0 View Post
    So you basically ignored all advice and decided to go with ivy bridge on a cheap sandy bridge motherboard and a three generations old GPU? Erm, ok I guess. How much did you pay for it either way?
    Advice went both ways and advice I got from someone I trust on another forum who builds and sells gaming rigs including low end recommended that CPU as its not much off an I3 and is money saved, if / when that CPU becomes obsolete the £50 saved on the i3 can go towards an i5.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    I'd recommend more cored for WoW.
    WoW gets little to no benefit from more cores.
    Anything beyond a Dual Core won't offer significant if even noticeable benefits, with the architecture of the CPU making more of a difference.
    Few games will benefit from that.
    There is a good reason why many people recommend an i5 over an i7 for gaming, unless there is a need for something multi-threaded such as video editing.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2013-09-23 at 01:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Einholt View Post
    Advice went both ways and advice I got from someone I trust on another forum who builds and sells gaming rigs including low end recommended that CPU as its not much off an I3 and is money saved, if / when that CPU becomes obsolete the £50 saved on the i3 can go towards an i5.
    Is your friend one of those people who sells those janky systems on Craigslist?

The $50 you saved will give you 'meh' performance... And you'll have to get a used i5, since that chipset is like... 3 years old. Chances are, they won't even be on the retail market anymore.

We try to get you the best deal, and you basically bought a Used system at Retail price =/

I'm not sure why you came asking for advice, and then ignored it. But I suppose an upgrade is an upgrade.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quick update-all arrived today and installed, wow is running on ultra at 60FPS+ in dread wastes, Battlegrounds etc, will raid on it tomorrow and report back on performance, also skyrim on high is running nicely at 60fps and will be trying BF3 soon aswell.

All in all pretty chuffed