HotW Feral question

Hi,

I'm not quite shure how to use HotW. Ok I understand that I have to switch weapons and spam wrath. But I couldn't find an information WHEN to use HotW. Do I have to line it up with my other CDs (Berserker TF Trinket) oder do I just pull it during HT or do I use it outside of those? (FYI I specced SotF together with it) And shall I wait till I could refresh my Dots (to get the most possible Uptime during HotW) or do I have to use it immediately regardles of the time remaining on my Dots?

Thanks

it benefit from agility procs, as it takes your Attack Power to Spell Power
    anyway wrath spam is's not much benefit, as you need a almost same quality spell weapon to make it do same dps as normal rotation and be standing still,
    so better not to bother
    (the only use of it I found so far on Thok when boss is kiting to put a few extra damage on boss)

yet, this talent buffing Hurricane AoE, which also have not much use on current encounters
    and a Tranqulity which is A HUGE raid saver cd

Currently, HoTW is only beneficial for progression in any/all guilds when asked to use your Tranquility. It's other perks aren't worth the hassle unless you have a difficult keeping a high uptime on your bleeds/buffs.

Ok. Thanks for the information.

I've had no issue doing large amounts of damage with HoTW even when I have to use the brief Tranq portion of it. Get a decent caster weapon and macro it in to equip with HotW and you're gtg.
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

15+ Year Old Account
    it depents on how good your spellpower weapon is, if its the same itemlevel you cna do extra aoe dmg with Hotw + agi pot + hurricame spam, (worked nice on windlord in HoF)

howewver if you have legendary cloak, or trinkets that proc aoe attacks, then even that is nolonger benefitial, you do more damage with tf / berzerk and swipe / trash

for single target dps with HotW it used to be good on for example the first boss in ToT, inside the pudde HotW + agi pot + wrath spam + herorism for nice awsome 800K wrath crits. but it got nerfed soon after that

nowdays wrath got buffed again but sodar i havent found it a dps upgrade to use it

anyway dont forget that even if you dont use the cd for dps, its still a good talen as it gives you 7% passive extra agi with also gives you extra dps, you can just use the cooldown for healing with tranquility then, or go bear when needed
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    anyway dont forget that even if you dont use the cd for dps, its still a good talen as it gives you 7% passive extra agi with also gives you extra dps, you can just use the cooldown for healing with tranquility then, or go bear when needed
    Heart of the Wild is 6% for passive

15+ Year Old Account
    details
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

So far the best uses I've found for it in SoO is the extra raid cooldown tranquility. I have thought about its use on a fight like Thok where you need to keep back at times, but over all the Tranquility is a godsend on 25m.

I can see some situations where it would be great to be able to pop it and spam wrath, but overall the Tranq matters more then anything else, at least for 25.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurkon View Post
    So far the best uses I've found for it in SoO is the extra raid cooldown tranquility. I have thought about its use on a fight like Thok where you need to keep back at times, but over all the Tranquility is a godsend on 25m.

I can see some situations where it would be great to be able to pop it and spam wrath, but overall the Tranq matters more then anything else, at least for 25.
    Honestly the reason I've been going with HotW (1/14HC) is less because of the tranq and more because of the ease of quick target switching, liberal use of healing touch procs (on myself mostly because fuck immerseus) and ease of play.
    There are just so many quick target switches that devalue DoC.
    Immerseus, Protectors, Norushen, Galakras, Dark Shaman (mostly for raid cd and HT here), Nazgrim, Spoils, Blackfuse (if you're going conveyer belt), Paragons (amber) and Garrosh.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one has mentioned how good it is with bloodlust.

Say for instance your berserk is on cooldown and a lust is called. Pop Hotw with a good weapon and wrath spam (pop an agi potion too if you can).
    then you can see 800K wrath crits casting every 1.3 seconds.
    Don't Hotw wrath spam without a lust, AND Don't wrath spam on a lust if berserk is off CD both are not worth it.

Hotw works really well with hurricane too, like on galakras, beserk/thrash swipe fest first wave, HoTW Hurricane 2nd wave of adds, and your doing 200K more dps than everyone else XD.

And like everyone says. Hotw tranqility will save your entire raid, just dont let it get interrupted!
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)