Thread: Diablo 3's cost

Deleted

Diablo 3's cost

I just finished playing the starter edition of Diablo 3, and had a blast. So much that i actually want to buy the full game. So i went to my Battle.net Account to see the price, and to my surprise, it costs 60 Euro. The game is like.. 2 years old now? Why the hell is it still so expansive? Will it drop eventually, as the Expansion is closer to release?

Buy it from a retail outlet like Amazon instead of direct from Blizzard, and you'll pay a much more sensible price.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    I just finished playing the starter edition of Diablo 3, and had a blast. So much that i actually want to buy the full game. So i went to my Battle.net Account to see the price, and to my surprise, it costs 60 Euro. The game is like.. 2 years old now? Why the hell is it still so expansive? Will it drop eventually, as the Expansion is closer to release?
    Probably will get a little bit cheaper. Your best bet would be to buy it from someone other than Blizzard. It's usually cheaper that way. Also the game is a year and a couple months old.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't buy it from blizzard lol.

It's just over a year old, but like others said you should buy it from other sources if you don't want to pay the full price.

Amazon.de has Diablo 3 PC for 45 Euro and Diablo 3 PS3 for 49 Euro.

Deleted
    It'll definitely be on sale somewhere before the expansion, it's been on sale a few times already, including once through battle.net (it was $40 instead of $60, not sure how that equates to euro) - Amazon is pretty reliable though for other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    If you've got a console buy it on console, it's much better.
    Until the expansion comes out. It might be slightly better then the PC version will pull ahead again.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    It'll definitely be on sale somewhere before the expansion, it's been on sale a few times already, including once through battle.net (it was $40 instead of $60, not sure how that equates to euro) - Amazon is pretty reliable though for other sources.
    Almost 1:1 - European prices are always quoted including sales tax, US American prices are not (because not all states have a sales tax, and those that do have different amounts of it).

buy it from another retailer or just pay up the 60

Quote Originally Posted by Dotmore View Post
    That is something I've always wondered. I've never felt the game has been worth its price. In fact better games than Diablo 3 have dropped in price shortly after their release.

This just makes me believe among their other decisions, that Blizzard is simply greedy and wants your money.

Your best bet would be waiting for the week before Blizzcon or Black Friday if you are in the States or even better though probably a longer wait the Christmas Holidays.

However, from previous Blizzcons, I've seen that Blizzard often have some pretty big sales during that time. Expect Diablo 3 to be 1/2 price.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    That is something I've always wondered. I've never felt the game has been worth its price. In fact better games than Diablo 3 have dropped in price shortly after their release.

This just makes me believe among their other decisions, that Blizzard is simply greedy and wants your money.
    Since when has a game's "quality" been the sole contributor to the publisher in it's pricing? Perhaps the premium pricing spliced with intermittent sales brings in more revenue for Blizzard, and what business doesn't like more money for it's products. Game development isn't a charity.
    If better games have dropped in price shortly after their release it wasn't because the publishers were feeling altruistic, it was because that product couldn't sustain it's premium pricing.
    Paying for these kind of the products directly from the publisher is always going to cost you more. It's not in their interest to devalue their product prematurely.

I would not recommend buying the game now.
    Game economy is pretty much broken, itemization is broken, gameplay is repeatitive and boring.
    For example do you know how looks our gameplay on lvl60? We clear the same levels you did on beta over and over and over again. We never farm anything but beginning of act1. And we did it probably several thousands times already. The same 3-4 areas in act1.

So either wait for the expansion or buy a console version, there are curtain improvements on console version which will be implemented on pc just 6 month later.

Question

I've seen many people suggest buying D3 from Amazon or Wal-Mart or such, but I was wondering if anyone knew of any sites that might sell it (similar to Green Man) that have D3 as a digital copy or sites who were willing to email the codes out after purchase.

I've recently played the Demo and was surprised to find it was actually pretty decent and wanted to get a copy of the game. However, my local Wal-Mart doesn't have it and supposedly would want $60 for it even if they did, and I didn't really want to get it from WalMart.com or Amazon where it's cheaper and have to wait for it to be physically mailed to me. Any way around that without paying $60 for it?
    Last edited by Savige; 2013-09-23 at 01:00 AM.

Well too bad you missed a chance to buy from ToysRUs at $10 (they were trying to get rid of them), but as others have said buy from someone other than Blizz.

Just a note: The rest of D3 and its endgame are little like the early levels you're playing at the Starter Edition. If grinding gold and xp is your thing, then this is the perfect game for you. If you expect an epic campaign, decent story plot, or an endgame with a nice trail of loot drops I'd suggest you wait for the XPac.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post

Your best bet would be waiting for the week before Blizzcon or Black Friday if you are in the States or even better though probably a longer wait the Christmas Holidays.

However, from previous Blizzcons, I've seen that Blizzard often have some pretty big sales during that time. Expect Diablo 3 to be 1/2 price.
    That's not how money works. The game is still full price because people are willing to pay that, if they had trouble selling the game then the price would drop. It is the same with every game from any company.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    That's not how money works. The game is still full price because people are willing to pay that, if they had trouble selling the game then the price would drop. It is the same with every game from any company.
    Well they are having a hard time selling the game on the consoles. Unlike PC gamers that take what they can, console gamers have a wider variety of games to choose from and quite frankly no one is going to spend that amount on a year old game which was never worth the price in the first place.