Thread: MM hunter!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    With the update of CS the dmg is cool! I am ilvl 509 trying to get soo weapon. But with the t16 2pc effect it seen not really in favor with mm? Correct me if I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by steelram View Post
    With the update of CS the dmg is cool! I am ilvl 509 trying to get soo weapon. But with the t16 2pc effect it seen not really in favor with mm? Correct me if I am wrong
    AiS casts reduce the CD of Rapid Fire, so the 2pc is fine for MM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steelram View Post
    I have been looking around the forums and mostly is about SV or BM post. I am thinking if there is people out there using MM cause I am using MM but need some guidance like, should i got for haste > cri > mastery or Mastery > cri> haste and what is the rotation like for MM? any suggestion? thanks.
    You need a really good wep to make MM worth it. Go Crit > Haste >>>>>>>> Mastery. Learn to use Aimed Shot as your focus dump without sacrificing any Chimera Shots. DB, MoC, and Glaive Toss currently sim as the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bemnech View Post
    AFAIK MM still doesn't come anywhere near BM, or even survi =( I'd never even consider bringing MM spec to my hc raiding guild's comp while progressing.

Taken from my guilds kill of H Thok last night. I was Marks, Dime was Survival, and Final was BM. MM is just fine. I'm also using MM for Blackfuse progression.

The whole mentality about "MM being crap" is just not true anymore.* All of the specs are REALLY close at the moment.

*WITH THE RIGHT GEAR SETUP!!!!*

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    I am absolutely not trying to spark any sort of flame war, but I've read in other class forums that Icy-Veins/Noxxic are garbage. I see that a reputable Hunter has reviewed the guide, but I don't know the details of his approval. Is the Hunter version of this site substantially more accurate than the other class' seem to believe?
    While I have not gone through the entire guide, the basics are there. But like any spec there is a learning curve and an "intuition" that comes with playing it. Time spent on the spec is just as important as knowing the best way to play it.
    Last edited by Conjor; 2013-09-26 at 03:53 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bemnech View Post
    AFAIK MM still doesn't come anywhere near BM, or even survi =( I'd never even consider bringing MM spec to my hc raiding guild's comp while progressing.
    All 3 are fairly close now. It's really is a matter of playing the spec you're most comfortable with. It's quite sad you would consider excluding a whole spec while not staying current on the class changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Conjor View Post
    You need a really good wep to make MM worth it. Go Crit > Haste >>>>>>>> Mastery. Learn to use Aimed Shot as your focus dump without sacrificing any Chimera Shots. DB, MoC, and Glaive Toss currently sim as the best.
    Conjor, what's your experience using either Fervor in place of DB and Blink Strikes in place of MoC?

It feels like in certain fights, the real-time benefits of each can outweigh the on-paper sim numbers. I used MoC on a Juggernaut kill as MM, but given the time frame of our kill, Crows damage came out as <50% of my pet's basic damage, so Blink might have been a slight upgrade there. Similarly, on a fight like Sha of Pride, being able to hit Fervor right as the small adds pop assist in bursting them down with a long series of Multi-Shots.
    Last edited by Adaon; 2013-09-26 at 05:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaon View Post
    Conjor, what's your experience using either Fervor in place of DB and Blink Strikes in place of MoC?

It feels like in certain fights, the real-time benefits of each can outweigh the on-paper sim numbers. I used MoC on a Juggernaut kill as MM, but given the time frame of our kill, Crows damage came out as <50% of my pet's basic damage, so Blink might have been a slight upgrade there. Similarly, on a fight like Sha of Pride, being able to hit Fervor right as the small adds pop assist in bursting them down with a long series of Multi-Shots.
    My responses to these kinds of questions are always the same: all other things being equal, the top simming ability will perform better in the hands of someone who knows how to use it.

Other than that, you need to take into consideration fight duration and boss mechanics. Does it make sense to use MoC on a pure add fight? Does it make sense to use BS on a pure single target fight?

Speaking for experience, Fervor + MM leads to a lot more focus capping "incidents" then DB. And that doesn't include the "scaling" that comes with DB, however small that scaling may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Adaon View Post
    I used MoC on a Juggernaut kill as MM, but given the time frame of our kill, Crows damage came out as <50% of my pet's basic damage, so Blink might have been a slight upgrade there.
    I feel like I probably caused this confusion... my bad.
    I only realised this yesterday when someone pointed it out, Blink Strikes actually increases pet "Basic Attack" damage, which is their claw/bite/smack ability, not their autoattack melee swing which you might expect from the naming.

I found your log you are talking about and here are the numbers-
    AMoC: 3165130
    Pet melee: 6580676
    Pet bite: 4351683

The pet melee damage is irrelevant.
    Blink Strikes would've contributed bite damage 4351683 * 0.5 = 2175841.5 damage. Or roughly 2/3rds of what your AMoC did, plus what ever added DPS you get from pet uptime (0 on juggernaut) and the focus/gcd cost of AMoC.

I tried MM on Thok and Garrosh, I think it's fine on both. I didn't expect it to be any good on Garrosh but it's AoE in the first phase wasn't actually as god-awful as I expected and the P2 reset to 100 was quite nice. It also offers some fairly on-demand burst for mind controls in the form of CS/instant AiS combo. I think if my kill timers were as low as some people's (mine exceed 6 minutes on Thok and 10 minutes on Garrosh) I could have done even better.