DW Trinkets. Advice?

Hey guys I'm having trouble deciding what trinkets I should be using as DW until I get Evil Eye of Galakras and Thok's Tail tip.

My choices are:

HTF Spark of Zandalar
    H Talisman of Rage
    H Feather
    and the new Normal Fusion-Fire Core

Are the Rage and Feather really only useful if they're HTF right now? If that's the case then I'm guessing HTF Spark and Normal FFC would be my choices.

Any advice would be helpful

Deleted
    I would stay with H feather and H Talisman, Spark isn't very strong imo (terrible proc and haste is easily softcapped these days) and the fusion-fire core is only useful in heavy aoe fights and even then very weak compared to the other new trinkets

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured I'd piggyback this thread... I have checked the EJ trinket list for a rough idea but my options are so poor none even appear on the list. Currently deciding between LFR Feather, timeless trinket 535, and normal gaze of the twins. None upgraded. With lfr feather and I am at 10% hit. I have heard gaze is underwhelming for DW, but am leaning towards that and timeless to get closer to hit cap. Totally new to DK...just doin it for shits and giggles since I got so much boa gear from the isle, but at 520 ilvl I am having encouraging results so I want to max as best I can trinkwise.

thanks
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Figured I'd piggyback this thread... I have checked the EJ trinket list for a rough idea but my options are so poor none even appear on the list. Currently deciding between LFR Feather, timeless trinket 535, and normal gaze of the twins. None upgraded. With lfr feather and I am at 10% hit. I have heard gaze is underwhelming for DW, but am leaning towards that and timeless to get closer to hit cap. Totally new to DK...just doin it for shits and giggles since I got so much boa gear from the isle, but at 520 ilvl I am having encouraging results so I want to max as best I can trinkwise.

thanks
    LFR Feather + 535 Timeless Isle trinket. Even with the RPPM changes Feather in all its forms is incredibly strong. The haste proc is meh for Dual Wield, especially if you have 2 set but the raw strength makes it a better choice than Gaze.

Quote Originally Posted by Mootykins View Post
    Hey guys I'm having trouble deciding what trinkets I should be using as DW until I get Evil Eye of Galakras and Thok's Tail tip.

My choices are:

HTF Spark of Zandalar
    H Talisman of Rage
    H Feather
    and the new Normal Fusion-Fire Core

Are the Rage and Feather really only useful if they're HTF right now? If that's the case then I'm guessing HTF Spark and Normal FFC would be my choices.

Any advice would be helpful
    H Feather + H Talisman for single target, H Feather + N Fusion for cleave.
    Last edited by Trubo; 2013-09-22 at 01:30 AM.

Deleted
    ^ Agreed, this is how I currently choose trinkets as well with the same options available bar the Spark.

Hoping for an amp trinket this reset, already no dice on the Eye D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    LFR Feather + 535 Timeless Isle trinket. Even with the RPPM changes Feather in all its forms is incredibly strong. The haste proc is meh for Dual Wield, especially if you have 2 set but the raw strength makes it a better choice than Gaze.
    Thank you for your reply. I assume you mean the new 2 set? So if I had a haste proc then the 2 set proc might be haste instead of mastery? Yet to get that but I will more strongly consider sticking w feather despite being so far overcapped. Thanks again.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I assume you mean the new 2 set? So if I had a haste proc then the 2 set proc might be haste instead of mastery? Yet to get that but I will more strongly consider sticking w feather despite being so far overcapped. Thanks again.
    Yes, I meant T16 2 set. Without knowing your gear I can't say for sure whether the Timeless Xuen trinket will make Haste your highest secondary stat; if you have few Haste pieces then I'd doubt that's the case.

Even with the RPPM changes Feather in all its forms is incredibly strong
    Its still the best of the rppm trinkets for us, but except from heavy procc luck i wouldn't dare to call it strong, looking at it pre 6.4

The trinkets proc was 20% higher than its tooltip said, so a heroic version procced about 1950 str per stack. This has been undone, the procc is now again in line with its tooltip. This alone makes about a 16% nerf of the procc.
    Additionally we had a incredible high uptime on the trinket, although it was through a bug, up to over 40%, depending on haste levels.
    The trinket in its current state is worth about ~1800 str average, using average uptime given by its procrate, whilst it had over 4k in 5.3, atleast for rc and haste users.
    Even with lower haste levels it was easily 2,5-3k str worth.
    On a side note, lei shens final orders hc upgraded (ilvl 510) before its stealth nerf this patch was worth 1748 str (now down to 1430) and looking at that, the actual strength of the feather is laughable, comparing it to the original version of a trinket 33 ilvl below.
    Sure, with procluck this trinket can be incredible strong, but its can also be the exact opposite, i had fights with like 40% uptime, but also some with 10% uptime, the average was for me about 20%.

To the topic:
    In this case clearly feather and the rest doesn't really matter much.
    Spark htf and hc prim are basically even, the matter is if you can use sparks haste (haste up to 7k are fine for dw, all above gets significantly weaker)
    I personally would even consider the core, for AoE 100%, but even for single target as i hate the randomness of the rppm trinkets, stacks rage this time or does it not? proccs spark when i need it or shortly when i have to run away, 20 secs after a needed burst etc.
    Core offers a high proc on a fix cooldown, you can make yourself a timer, you know what you're at and it grants considerably higher burst than the other 2.

For the other case here:
    The difference between normal gaze, lfr feather and xuens alacrity is so low, that it doesn't matter at all. If you are over the hit cap the feather will probably be the worst, as the proc got weaker as i explained above and the rough str on gaze and xuen should beat it. The crit proc on gaze is not tooooo bad, but the haste proc is. The ilvl difference should make the deal here.
    So Xuen<=gaze>feather for me.
    Last edited by Raikh; 2013-09-22 at 11:30 AM.