Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Amazon closed my seller account for no reason

I received this email :

We are writing to let you know we have removed your selling privileges, canceled your listings, and placed a temporary hold on any funds in your Amazon.com seller account. Any new selling accounts you open will be closed.

We took this action because you have violated our policies by failing to follow through on your orders for Amazon buyers.

For information on this policy, search on “Policies and Agreements” in seller Help.

We encourage you to take appropriate steps to resolve any pending orders. Note that any amounts paid as a result of A-to-z Guarantee claims and chargebacks may be deducted from your seller account.

After 90 days, the hold will be removed and any remaining funds will be available per your settlement schedule. In addition, balance and settlement information will be available in the Payments section of your seller account. If you have questions about these funds, please write to payments-funds@amazon.com.

While we appreciate your interest in selling on Amazon.com, the removal of your selling privileges is a permanent action.

Regards,<br><br>Seller Performance Team<br>Amazon.com<br>http://www.amazon.com <br>
    I went to their 'policies' page which has a whole list of things I could have done wrong, but they don't actually tell me what they're accusing me of.

A month ago, they locked my account because I sold items and no one was giving me feedback. I then emailed everyone I ever sold to and asked nicely for them to rate my account. Only one person did that, but in total I have about 3 out of 10 people who left feedback. 3 out of 3 gave 100% positive feedback on customer support, shipping and general feedback.

A month later, they sent the above message which means my account is permanently closed because of buyers. I cant believe this. I don't recommend Amazon at all for selling.

I don't want to go to ebay because they generally sell things for a few hundred dollars less than Amazon.
    Photo Website: http://www.jeremynative.com Please check out

I take it you have already tried phoning their account support?

Deleted
    Maybe someone in the board hates you...

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I take it you have already tried phoning their account support?

I went to the online chat, they told me to talk to their phone support, the phone support told me to email them -,-

God I hope I don't have to wait another month for them to 'decide.'

I wonder if it was the competition complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by fletchdwb View Post
    I wonder if it was the competition complaining?
    Amazon is really a very buyer friendly website, If I could guess what happened; it was a buyer who actually got the item in the mail, yet flagged my account and never told me That's what it sounds like "you have violated our policies by failing to follow through on your orders for Amazon buyers" yet my account is flawless...

10+ Year Old Account
    They really don't like you not getting any feedback as a seller, Had a few friends lose accounts for the same thing.. You can't force people to leave feedback but Amazon will still close your account if you don't get any/much

Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    They really don't like you not getting any feedback as a seller, Had a few friends lose accounts for the same thing.. You can't force people to leave feedback but Amazon will still close your account if you don't get any/much
    Ahh that sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    I went to their 'policies' page which has a whole list of things I could have done wrong, but they don't actually tell me what they're accusing me of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amazon
    We took this action because you have violated our policies by failing to follow through on your orders for Amazon buyers.
    I think their accusing you of not following through on orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    There is an option for sellers to contact me that says 'Where is my stuff?' which I never received. If what Zippoflames was true, then I guess my account is being perm banned due to people not giving me feedback which is BS

10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest from the mail you posted it looks to me too like they are saying you aren't delivering stuff matey.. Need to actually speak to someone I guess dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is an option for sellers to contact me that says 'Where is my stuff?' which I never received. If what Zippoflames was true, then I guess my account is being perm banned due to people not giving me feedback which is BS
    But that's not what their email says. It's pretty clear that they're suspending your account because of non completion of orders. Whether or not it's a mistake, it would seem the email itself is fairly clear on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    I think so as well. It sounds like someone filed a complaint and they got stuff issuing a refund.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I went to the online chat, they told me to talk to their phone support, the phone support told me to email them -,-

God I hope I don't have to wait another month for them to 'decide.'
    What were you selling?

Oh seems weird that someone didn't get their stuff without me knowing. It has been a month since my last sold item since they locked my account..I will know tomorrow

---------- Post added 2012-09-14 at 10:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    What were you selling?
    I usually sell things for like 60 dollars or more so its worth it (I always use UPS for convenience but its expensive), the last item I sold was for 1200(a lens) and the person actually gave me 100% feedback...

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't it say right there in the quote what you have apparently done wrong?

edit: And this has already been pointed out and you've answered it, my apologies, 1:41 am is no excuse for me not reading all posts

Well if you've not received any complaints, and have shipped everything that has been ordered from you, then you need to take that up with Amazon. Although in a world where we are usually innocent until proven guilty, I find it strange Amazon would close your account just like that unless they got numerous complaints.
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2012-09-14 at 11:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Doesn't it say right there in the quote what you have apparently done wrong?

edit: And this has already been pointed out and you've answered it, my apologies, 1:41 am is no excuse for me not reading all posts

Well if you've not received any complaints, and have shipped everything that has been ordered from you, then you need to take that up with Amazon. Although in a world where we are usually innocent until proven guilty, I find it strange Amazon would close your account just like that unless they got numerous complaints.
    Hey there, I've been looking into this matter myself because the exact same thing has happened to me! Amazon is known for glitches too, and a friend of mine who has been on Amazon for almost a year has had similar problems but always won his appeal. I've had the same emails and finding it hard to contact the right amazon department. I have been permanent banned for exactly the same as you, with no real reason and when I asked they said they cannot talk about it? Surely you cannot "fire" someone without warnings first... Have you had any luck contacting amazon or with the status of your account?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to go to ebay because they generally sell things for a few hundred dollars less than Amazon.
    and that's why I don't use Amazon.

I don't know why you had to experience this, personally I had a really good time with them and they responded to every email I ever sent, their support is truly fantastic. They gave me a gift card just because they shipped a cd one day later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LeahMaurer View Post
    I don't know why you had to experience this, personally I had a really good time with them and they responded to every email I ever sent, their support is truly fantastic. They gave me a gift card just because they shipped a cd one day later.
    Unfortunately being a seller is a lot tougher, amazon choose not to give reasons for their actions, they use umbrella terms so it could literally be about 10 different things you could have possibly done or not done. As a consumer its great, but they care about lot less about their sellers.