Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    You also have to keep in mind, you might be fine with a few wipes, but others might start leaving, and the leader just wants it go as quick as possible without having to replace 7 people along the way i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    People moan that LFR is faceroll, then people PuG normal (and now /flex) with absurd ilvl requirements in order to make them faceroll too.

Bottom line, people say they 'want a challenge' but really they just want loot.
    Haha, I'm with this guy.

How is 535 an absurd requirement?

My DK just hit 90 8 weeks ago and is 540. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stuff/advanced

If you say "yeah but you have 3 pieces of flex gear" - so what? It's only 5 ilvls above Timeless gear. I'd still meet the requirements. And we're now 2 full resets of Flex and 1 reset of LFR through.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankitbetter View Post
    doing the math, a player with an average ilvl of 535 has an equal number of 522 pieces as they do 548s... so i don't get where people are saying 'if i had 535 ilvl, i wouldnt need to go in there in the first place!'... half the pieces would still be immediate upgrades of 18 ilvls... so yeah.... if you have the people that can steamroll the place, why not ?

i held a 25man pug on tuesday, and people were mocking us for expecting 515+. Even with that gear, we ended up having to remove a few ppl when we got to the more demanding bosses.

I'd take 510-520 for the most part, less if I know the person or extremely desperate for another healer which is what generally holds back flex runs. Just start off big then whittle the raid into a group that actually complete the run though this sucks for dps that get dropped if it's because healers are subpar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FluFF View Post
    WoW logic : '' you need higher ilvl to do the place that drops lower ilvl than you have ''
    That's where you are wrong, hc scenarios "drop" valor points, which are useful at all gear levels, including 530+. You even have a timed event which incentivizes high DPS. Granted, when I got my main to 540+ ilvl I stopped caring what people I queue up with since I know I can carry the DPS check alone, but what's wrong with people wanting to queue with others of similar ilvl? If you saw professional basketball players playing for fun in your neighborhood court would you go up to them and demand to be let into their game?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really see it as that high...if i can get over that without even stepping into a raid I'm sure anyone else can it's not bad to only want people that are actually willing to put effort in 0o

10+ Year Old Account

My DK just hit 90 8 weeks ago and is 540. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...stuff/advanced

If you say "yeah but you have 3 pieces of flex gear" - so what? It's only 5 ilvls above Timeless gear. I'd still meet the requirements. And we're now 2 full resets of Flex and 1 reset of LFR through.
    Not absurd as in difficult to reach, just completely unnecessary for the content people are pugging. Must have 540 for ToT normal? Why? It's tuned for 30 ilvls less than that, if not more. People just want an easy ride, simple as.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

How the hell did you get 5 Burden of Eternity? How many hours of grinding is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    How the hell did you get 5 Burden of Eternity? How many hours of grinding is that?
    Probably did it before they nerfed the drop rate on the chests. My other tank rerolled from Druid to Brewmaster and did the same thing, in like 2 weeks or so at 90 he's at 524 iLevel or something, around what our core raiders were at but it's almost all Timeless gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorkles View Post
    Not absurd as in difficult to reach, just completely unnecessary for the content people are pugging. Must have 540 for ToT normal? Why? It's tuned for 30 ilvls less than that, if not more. People just want an easy ride, simple as.
    The problem with wow is that most players are generally terribly bad. While the fight is tuned for one item level that does not mean that having that item level ensures a kill.

When I am doing SoO on all my alts in flex and normal, I do not want to wipe, I do not want to progress the bosses, I want to do it with players that will do their part and one shot the bosses. Now in reality this rarely happens as most pugs are filled with people not having a clue what they are doing.

If my guild went into SoO flex, we could probably clear it without issue at 490 ilvl, that does not mean I would accept someone with 490 ilvl into my flex pug. Asking for 530 ilvl or similar is simply a failsafe. When you are finding pugs to a pug, you have no idea how good they are, how well they know the fights and their class. By bringing someone with 530 ilvl even if he is bad he will probably pull his weight. If one of my friends that I know is good, or someone that can prove he is a good player with earlier heroic raid experience or whatever comes along with 510 ilvl and asks to join, of course I would bring him. But the fact in pugs is that you have no clue how well most of the players in the raid plays, and I really do not want to wipe for an hour to figure out "this guy sucks", I rather go in with a group and clear it.

I just did a pug flex part two with my dps alt that does not even have legendary cloak/gem or any set bonus. I was topping dps on every boss. We had healers with 540 ilvl and legendaries, multiple dps with 530-545 ilvl with legendaries and still we wiped over and over again, because the people in the group was terrible. We had a rogue with about 530 ilvl and legendaries that barely did 90k dps. I was topping players of my own class and spec that had +5 item levels on my and legendaries, and I still did more dps than them (and did not fail on mechanics unlike them). It was frustrating to say the least, carrying the entire gruop through the run with multiple wipes on bosses I consider to be trivial. Even though most players in the group had legendaries and 530+, we still wiped multiple times.

As someone that does flex on multiple alts, wiping on them all is not reall attractive. Do not like the item level requirement set up by a pug leader, find a pug that suites you are make it yourself. I myself would not set an item level requirement, but I would instead require what you would probably consider absurd raiding experiences. Next week on my alts I will for sure require everyone in my flex group to have killed the bosses on normal before. I do not care if they have 510 or 530 item level, I want to see they have killed the bosses on normal before and preferably some heroic raiding experience. Raiding experience > gear, and I have no intention to wipe on part 3 flex on any of my characters the next week.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Special K View Post
    My friend managed to get 5 burdens on a few hours playing on the first day of dinging 90 on a character, he was lucky though.

The first week of 5.4 I got about 10-12 burdens spread out on different characters without doing and excessive grinding.

Normally speaking you get 1 burden / hour with heavy grinding, 1 burden/3 hours with rare grinding and stuff like that. But you have to remember you get 2 free burdens the first time on characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Tbh, Flex was not implented for pugs, it was implented for smaller guilds/friend groups across servers, so if you have not done it before on flex, I suggest you run it with friends/guild first to get the achievment.Else start your own group.
    LFR is not the same as flex just so you know, so I can understand why they would not bother explaining tacts to a single person who had never been there before (on flex/norm) while the others just wants to finish it.
    Regarding your experience, if it is not current content, it's not worth anything to pugs

I've done it 3 or 4 times now all in openraid pugs. Cleared it without issues every...single...time. Saying it's not for pugs is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    I've done it 3 or 4 times now all in openraid pugs. Cleared it without issues every...single...time. Saying it's not for pugs is just silly.

Open Raid is still a little more selective than /2.

You can't really do flex in a true pug. A true pug would be basically first X number of people who want to join. No vent. Judging by your requirements increases the amount of success you will have. Clearly there has to be a gear level and the higher you raise it, again, the more success you will have in the pug.

>I have a good mix of 530-553 gear but I'm stuck with some trashy 522/528 weapon
    >I have a good mix of 530-553 gear and I want some trinkets
    >I have a good mix of 530-553 gear and I want some off-spec trinkets

Some examples of why people want a fast 1-shot clear run.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    Probably did it before they nerfed the drop rate on the chests. My other tank rerolled from Druid to Brewmaster and did the same thing, in like 2 weeks or so at 90 he's at 524 iLevel or something, around what our core raiders were at but it's almost all Timeless gear.
    What are you talking about? Logged in the moment the servers went up, looted all the chests to get my cloak, logged onto all 4 of my other 90s and looted all chests(trying to get bonkers easier), and I only looted burden of eternities from the 100% chance to drop chest.

While trying to get exalted with the emperor, I looted 7 burdens from mobs. It's a shame I didn't get those burdens on my alts...

this just in

flex is lfr for raiders and no one wants to carry LFR players, plenty of players do enough of that in LFR without having to speak to them in the foreign language known as strategy

if you want to be invited to a group based on your ability to play, then do something to prove that you are worthy. optimize your character's performance by practicing your rotation and priority, sticking to a reforging strategy that is viable, and gemming/enchanting your equipment. do not even whisper someone for an invite if you have not done this.

of course there is no quick way to show that you know all of this, but it is far more important to have than any achievement in the game, so make sure you have it down.

in the pug community, value is having what most players do not have. if you don't have that, no one cares and you should make your own group or join a guild instead of complaining. if you don't want to make your own group or can't join a guild, then that's just too bad.

forming a group is based on pursuing said group's goals, not just your own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Tbh, Flex was not implented for pugs, it was implented for smaller guilds/friend groups across servers, so if you have not done it before on flex, I suggest you run it with friends/guild first to get the achievment.
    What achievement are you talking about?
    PM me weird stuff :3

So obviously 535 is to high. What do you guys think is appropriate item level for flex SoO?

I've seen people vary from 510-535 on mal'ganis horde, so I don't know whats a good consistent number to aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    #1 trinket power 535 doesn't matter #2 Tier sets #3 All Flex loot trumps dogshit isle loot.

So yes if you had 535 you would want flex gear. Glad I cleared that up with you.
    Firstly, trinkets may not double dip haste but they are still good (hence the extreme 40% nerfe to uvls for locks going out tomorrow). So the flex ones arent overly impressive over heroic tot trinks.

Secondly, there are quite a few specs who woulddnt voluntarily swap from 4p heroic t15, to 2p or 4p flex t16. Myself for one, as an arcane mage that is an awful idea. I'm fairly sure Ret pallys wouldnt either.

Lastly, Isle loot is primarily 496. Timeless pieces are a rarity (in comparison), not commonplace.

---

on topic, I ran it today with guildies. 535 is way too high to be asking. It is tuned for 516 iirc, so I'd say anywhere from 510-520 is reasonable, but you could do it in 496 gear without hassle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually depends on your server community, I see a ton of first quarter runs advertising for anywhere from 500-515. Second quarter runs tend to run between 520-535 though, I think that might need people to get a bit more comfortable with it though before the requirements are relaxed.