Deleted

Exclamation GTX 770, need help!

Hello guys,

Well 2 days ago i "upgraded" my Custom Build PC with the GTX 770 OC from MSI, the specs i had beforehand were :

Intel Q8300
    GTX 560Ti
    4GB DDR3 ram
    And an Asus Motherboard ( I don't know what specific one it is )
    600W power Supply

With these specs i could play World of Warcraft at 60-70 FPS on Fair.
    I wanted something more and i finally had enough money to but the GTX 770 that just came out a few months ago, i had it installed by a proffessial and well, in almost every game my FPS DROPPED by a 100%.

I download the newest drivers for the Card and updated my System Drivers aswell as cleaning the thing ( Which i do every 2 months )

Am i missing something? Did i do something wrong? I'm kinda worried because the new card cost me around 350 Euro's.

Best Regards,

Joe.

P.S I'm sorry if my grammar sucks because English isn't my mother language.

P.S.S When the moment i should be able to get into the BIOS, my keyboard doesn't work, when it's launching Windows it does work Any help here too ?

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Are the power cables plugged properly into the video card from the PSU?
    2) What brand/model PSU do you have?
    3) Don't expect a big difference in WoW performance by upgrading from the 560ti.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by joerihaak88 View Post
    Hello guys,

Well 2 days ago i "upgraded" my Custom Build PC with the GTX 770 OC from MSI, the specs i had beforehand were :

Intel Q8300
    GTX 560Ti
    4GB DDR3 ram
    And an Asus Motherboard ( I don't know what specific one it is )
    600W power Supply

With these specs i could play World of Warcraft at 60-70 FPS on Fair.
    I wanted something more and i finally had enough money to but the GTX 770 that just came out a few months ago, i had it installed by a proffessial and well, in almost every game my FPS DROPPED by a 100%.

I download the newest drivers for the Card and updated my System Drivers aswell as cleaning the thing ( Which i do every 2 months )

Am i missing something? Did i do something wrong? I'm kinda worried because the new card cost me around 350 Euro's.

Best Regards,

Joe.

P.S I'm sorry if my grammar sucks because English isn't my mother language.

P.S.S When the moment i should be able to get into the BIOS, my keyboard doesn't work, when it's launching Windows it does work Any help here too ?

sounds to me like your cpu could be bottlenecking your GPU..but I don't know enough about it to give a definitive answer. I'll let somebody more knowledgeable answer, but that's what it sounds like to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even if the CPU is bottlenecking the GPU, there wouldn't be a decrease in performance. At worst, it would be the same. I'm fairly certain there's an actual problem here.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Make sure you're running DX11, as well as 64-bit mode if that's your OS.

That CPU is junk, and WoW is more CPU intensive than GPU. It's definitely throttling the GPU, but you should be running at 60 FPS easy. I have a feeling your settings are messed up somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    3) Don't expect a big difference in WoW performance by upgrading from the 560ti.
    1. Yes, checked it.
    2. A corsair CX600
    3. Yeah, but i was hoping i could play on ultra/high with a good FPS and not on Fair with 20-30 FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    On top of these, make sure you have your monitor plugged into the video card and not into the motherboard. If it's plugged into one of the inputs on the motherboard it would be using onboard graphics, which would be far worse than your 560 Ti.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinge View Post
    Make sure you're running DX11, as well as 64-bit mode if that's your OS.

That CPU is junk, and WoW is more CPU intensive than GPU. It's definitely throttling the GPU, but you should be running at 60 FPS easy. I have a feeling your settings are messed up somewhere.
    Could i OC it? Would that help?

I wouldn't recommend OCing it if 1.) you aren't 100% sure you know what you're doing, and 2.) if you're using a stock heatsink.

Regardless, it's throttling but not by an amount that warrants OCing. It's either a defective GPU or settings are wonky.

Edit: Noteworthynerd has the most likely solution.

Deleted
    I wouldn't recommend OCing it if 1.) you aren't 100% sure you know what you're doing, and 2.) if you're using a stock heatsink.

Regardless, it's throttling but not by an amount that warrants OCing. It's either a defective GPU or settings are wonky.
    I had the GPU tested, and the settings, where do you mean? In-game or the Card's settings themself?

- - - Updated - - -

It's deffintly in the Card itself.

I mean in-game settings. DX11 runs much better than DX9, same with 64 v. 32 bit modes. You're sure those settings are correct and the monitor is plugged into the GPU?

Deleted
    I'm a 100% sure!

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is more CPU intensive than GPU.
    This is true but also it maybe anything. I mean the upgrade isn't a WASTE per se, but the problem I'm seeing here is that I can run WoW on a combo of Ultra-High at 60fps with a 560 Gtx Ti. No, for serious, I have no idea why you'd have ever needed to use 'fair'.

So something in your system (Probably the CPU) is rotten.

It's not the graphics card...
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    run a benchmark to check if the card is ok and if its scores what it should , reset settings in wow. sometimes a single setting messes up with a card specifically.