Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Another MMO with hideous male toons.

Sigh. WoW, Rift, now SW:TOR - why are all male toons in these games so damn ugly? And no, I am not talking about quality of graphics engine, but about aesthetics.

SWTOR finally finished downloading this morning, and I proceeded to make a character. " young male jedi" is what I am going for, still not decided between Knight or Consular, need to do some research how much does this MMO hate melee dps in the endgame.
    But god, I went through ALL the faces options for male human, and not a single one looked decent. Huge noses, small eyes, blank expressions. Here in my country we have a saying "he has a face like a dumpling" and it describes male toons here perfectly.
    And the haircuts, lol - they are either "i just woke up", or "mohawk".

While female human looks quite decent, she has nice eyes and a smile on lips. But a main protagonist in a Star Wars saga, that HAS to be a guy, I am old school. Plus it looks like there are romances in this game, just like in good old SW:KOTOR.

Do subscribers get greater variety of faces/haircuts? As I noticed that many races are locked for F2P users, so maybe same applies for some of the better looking face/hair options?

Sort of. There are fashion packs on the cartel market that have different looks
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, my dudes are dead sexy. My Marauder is aptly named Mecca. But I do prefer the female looks to the male's, but that is something blanket across any game where I can create my avatar.

Do subscribers get greater variety of faces/haircuts? As I noticed that many races are locked for F2P users, so maybe same applies for some of the better looking face/hair options?
    There are cartel unlocks for a few more hairstyles, hair colors, and (for certain races) facial tattoo's.

well I would like to see a body type in between the normal and the buff

but otherwise I don't see SWTOR having particularly bad male models, I've seen a lot worse.

The two best mmos I've seen for males are AoC and Tera.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you there Doozer, having something akin to the FemBody3 would be nice. But I do prefer MaleBody2 for the majority of my characters.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I think the customization is horridly lacking, I thought the faces and models looked rather fine. Now that I'm thinking about it, I forgot that I unlocked Cathar and started a new Jedi on my account. Now I kinda want to play it >.> someone hit me with a stun gun b/c I've got too many MMO's going on right now.
    BAD WOLF

I'll have you know my space manwhore Imperial Agent is dead sexy!

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, it's okay. Character customization is pretty bad in this game anyway (read: horrible), but the models themselves are fine imo.
    Most male faces do look a bit derpy though.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    My Chiss agent looks pretty badass, I think. He's slender, but he doesn't look scrawny and besides, he's not a brute force figure, but an agent of the shadows.

His hands are ginormous, but that's true for females too.
    Putin khuliyo

Ironically, this is one of the only MMOs where I love how the males look. I really enjoy the face options and hairstyles, and the clothes are pretty nice.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Dr. Carl Sagan

I wouldn't say that the options in TOR are bad. Certain customization is limiting (Body types) but that's about it.

I love the way the male and female toons look in TOR, my Warrior looks sick with the Champions Vindicator set (The Original Red with shoulder spikes... zomg). If only the Marauder hood was available for Warriors :c .
    Only recently with their F2P model have I personally noticed that armour/clothing sets are becoming... Weird looking and reskins. Again, my opinion.

I've seen worse. Skyrim comes to mind.

I normally play female toons, but I didn't think the males in SWTOR were bad. I mean, you get WoW level of aesthetics, so the cartoony/distinct races make for a better and more varied experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    well I would like to see a body type in between the normal and the buff

but otherwise I don't see SWTOR having particularly bad male models, I've seen a lot worse.

The two best mmos I've seen for males are AoC and Tera.
    You can make a pretty good looking male toon in Guild Wars 2 :P

Human Male - White Eyes - Frame 2. Definition of awesome imo. The white eyes are just awesome.
    Thank You Shyama for the sig again!!

I prefer female 3... Dem hips.

Now if only I could make her shorter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    I prefer female 4... Dem hips.

Now if only I could make her shorter.

Fixed that for you. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Fixed that for you. ; )
    nuuuu :[

That's too tall and the check bones go from moon face to angry German nanny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait....I'm confused. Fem 3 is the super tall Amazonian woman. Fem 4 is the thicker and juicier model.

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post
    Wait....I'm confused. Fem 3 is the super tall Amazonian woman. Fem 4 is the thicker and juicier model.
    ??? Then I guess they changed it...

I like the short, hippy model, with huge... tracts of land. Is that 2 now?
    Last edited by Bardarian; 2013-10-03 at 01:39 PM.