Thread: Norushen 25N

Norushen 25N

I saw a post on here about another guild having issues with this fight (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ushen-25N-Help).

On my own server (Alexstasza-US, http://www.wowprogress.com/pve/us/alexstrasza), we have 3 25M guilds, none of which have been able to kill this boss. While I know heroic-level guilds apparently blasted through this boss without breaking a sweat, I'm wondering if other normal-mode 25N guilds are also roadblocked on this fight?

Here is a link to my guilds logs if you guys see something we're missing: http://worldoflogs.com/guilds/269669/

We were 12/12N and 1/13H last tier with having a late start.

Are you having your first several cleansed DPS staying on Norushen full-time while letting corrupted DPS handle adds?
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-09-23 at 09:12 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

We've tried a few different strategy's in our 40+ wipes. We've tried cleaning 5 dps in the first wave (wipe due to being overwhelmed in normal realm), we've tried tank/3 dps/healer in waves, and can't beat the enrage timer (if we don't wipe to the 25 or so black orbs first), we've tried no dps being cleansed and couldn't beat the enrage timer. Probably a few more. Tonight we've going to try and cleanse just the top 6 dps or so and tanks and heals.

You need to cleanse your highest DPS players early and then keep them on the boss full-time. Your other DPS can handle the adds.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Here's what my guild did. I'm the raid leader so if you need further help you can add me to battletag if you have further questions or if it works and you'd like to let me know
    Bonsaii#1476

Our first kill was very much up against the enrage timer, but this week we made some changes(in addition to added gear) and it went down a lot quicker. What I would recommend you do is have your melee tunnel boss even without being purified unless there are adds close to them. Your ranged should be able to handle the adds that spawn if you use this whole strategy.

We're a rather melee heavy guild so our ranged had to be really on top of killing the adds. We also only used healers to soak the orbs unless we were going to wipe otherwise.

Here's our send order, send your melee in a lowering throughput order. So your dps going from high to low.:
    3 DPS(top melee), 1 tank, 1 healer (You can pop ranged dps CD's on the adds that spawn, it'll help a bit)
    2 DPS, 2 healers, 1 tank

After this we only sent 1 healer per wave, who would go in ASAP. We would also send in 2 DPS at a time on a staggered interval, so that on wave 3-whatever you would send 1 healer and 4 total DPS, but only 2 at a time. We also assigned a different priority to each, having one kill the large add first, and the other kill the small adds first.

So we'd send in 2 DPS and one healer, then about 20 seconds later we sent in 2 more DPS.
    Then we'd get the next wave of orbs and repeat.

You should do this cycle until all or almost all your dps are empowered, then bloodlust. The boss should be around 40% at this time and will spawn a large add every 10%, kill these except for the one he spawns at 10% (at that point you should just burn). Any adds that spawn should be dps'ed by ranged players or players who are not yet empowered. Also, try and minimize movement for the hatred beam. You should try and only move 90 degrees each time, we were moving 180 degrees and when we stopped our ranged and healers were much happier.

GL HF

15+ Year Old Account
    We had a lot of trouble with this boss at first, but once we ironed out a strategy for not only going in the orbs but also picking up the pools, it went down pretty quick. The way we set it up was to use 3 tanks, and have 3 dps, 1 healer go in at start, then 2 dps 1 tank, then 3 dps and 1 tank, then 2 dps and 1 healer, then 3 dps. The rest of the dps were assigned to add duty the full fight. We prioritized melee to get purified first, and we set it up so that everyone was assigned to soak a pool right before they go into the realm. Doing this allowed us to minimize the time with anyone at 100 corruption, while also allowing us to soak all the pools easily without requiring healers to go in all the time. Once we set it up this way, we went from wiping at 5-8 percent to enrage to killing it with 45 seconds left.

Deleted
    From your logs it looks like the orb that drops isn't being soaked fast enough (or even at all) and causing catastrophic damage.

For our 25man we just use 3 tanks so there is always a cleansed tank available to immediately soak the orb from the big adds, thats was the DPS and healers don't need to soak anything and can just worry about DPS, stun the big adds as much as possible so they dont pulse too much raid damage. We send in 3 dps, 1 healer and 1 tank for the first 3 waves and then people go down if they need to.

3 tanking pretty much trivializes this fight

Wow... you guys are 3 tanking? You know, the boss and the adds don't hit particularly hard on tanks, even after the tank debuff stacks up.

As long as your tanks are capable of picking up the adds, there's no reason to add more tanks. I mean, whatever works for your particular group is fine, but that's really inefficient. As it is, in my group, after the first tank is cleansed, there's always a tank available to soak orbs and always a tank available for boss and adds. I really can't imagine how adding another tank would make things any easier... unless your current tank is having trouble picking up adds.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

15+ Year Old Account
    When you are sending 3 dps at a time, and thus having 3 add spawns, it's not unreasonable that the tank currently tanking the boss would have issues picking them all up. Having a 3rd tank definitely makes it much easier. For 10 man obviously you'd want 2 tanks only, but there you typically only have 1 add up, or at most 2.

Deleted
    Its not for the damage intake or add tanking you use 3 tanks, its simply that when using 3 its ONLY the tanks that pick up orbs so DPS and healers can stay at zero corruption, on pull first tank goes into test zone and can kill the tanking add in around 25 seconds, when he comes out he tanks adds and can soak 4 puddles by which time the 2nd tank is out and takes over adds, and then 3rd tank does same. basically when you are on 100 corruption you tank the boss, he hits like a wet noodle, and wait to go down again. The tanking test zone is by far the easiest and takes under 30 seconds and causes no adds to spawn.

With 2 tanks a dps or healer will have to sometimes soak the puddles this is impossible to avoid and the loss of 1 dps for 1 tank MORE than outweighs the lost damage in less (no) corruption for dps players..

If you look at the OP's logs a great deal of raid damage is caused by inefficient soaking of the puddles "residual corruption"

We 3 tanked him and sent 3 DPS - 1 Heal at each waves of ball.
    We began by sending only two DPS in order to two-tank the boss, but after 4 or 5 10% wipes, we said "Just *censored* it. You, swich to tank, we'll send three DPS each time" and the boss goes down.

Also, I heavily insist on picking the black ball. They hurt. A lot

Also, you can do some little adjustment in order to boost your deal :
    - Send your better single-target DPS first, then makes them stay on the boss
    - Send your multidotter last. If they complain, hit them with a stick
    - Send your smite priest first. Seriously
    - If you have some baddies in your raid, don't try to purify 'em. It will be a waste of rDPS. If you need a "baddie-friendly" explanation, tell them "we need your DPS on the adds". For us it worked.
    Last edited by Shauni; 2013-09-24 at 11:15 AM.

We got it down tonight.