Building first pc computer

Hey I'm looking to build a desktop and ive never done it before was hoping some people could tell me what pieces to get.
    Im looking for something in the $700-$800 range. And I'd also like to be able to lay WoW on high settings with 30-40 fps more if possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Computer Build / Upgrade Help sub-forum.

Also it would help if you filled out the Build Sticky so we can better get an idea what to aim for.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Chaz is right, there is a sticky

I do have a couple of quick suggestions though for a 1st pc build, if able. I was in the same situation, underbudgeted myself, but decided to go big or go home. Well, not huge big, but definitely one where I felt I wouldn't regret having a better build 3-6 months down the road.

other thoughts,

1.depending on space issues, go full tower if possible as it will be easier to get your hands in there and put it together. That's the ideal. However, every room and every computer desk is a little different. Thus get the dimensions of the area the case is going to go and proceed accordingly.

2. Are you going to hook up directly to a router or are you wireless? If wireless, most mobo's don't have wifi on them, thus plan accordingly with a wifi card or consider powerline adapters.

3. If you are planning on going SSD, find out which games you are planning on playing, how much room they take, and make sure you have extra room for future expansions. Then from there you can determine the size you need. Also note here, understand your computer usage and how many games you play, and how many ames you might be planning on playing in the future as well.

4. NewEgg has some videos on building a computer, 3 or 4 if I remember right, definitely watch those, it will help you from making some basic building mistakes.

That's all I got right now but I might add more later

Hey I'm looking to build a desktop and ive never done it before was hoping some people could tell me what pieces to get.
    Im looking for something in the $700-$800 range. And I'd also like to be able to lay WoW on high settings with 30-40 fps more if possible.
    Since you've made it this far and found the MMO forums, you're obviously posting on something that resembles a PC. My first question would be to ask you how much of your current machine do you plan on reusing.

If for instance, you can reuse your monitor, keyboard, mouse, and hard drive, you can save some money right there and have a bigger budget for other things like your CPU and GPU (the two most expensive pieces).

If this is the case, where you can reuse those parts, then your budget will go along way to giving you a machine which will play Wow and most other games on ultra settings with good FPS at medium resolutions.

So here's a sample build, accounting for already having the suggested parts.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($124.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: A-Data XPG Gaming Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($77.27 @ TigerDirect)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($226.53 @ Amazon)
    Case: Lian-Li PC-7HX ATX Mid Tower Case ($48.00 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: CoolMax 500W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($44.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $766.75
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-09-23 20:47 EDT-0400)

I really wouldn't get any of the parts suggested above tbh. After the sticky is compiled I'll put my proposal here.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

I really wouldn't get any of the parts suggested above tbh. After the sticky is compiled I'll put my proposal here.
    Of course not, it's a 'sample' build. Meaning an idea of price/performance.