Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Frost Hotfix (9/23) Buffs!

Source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-september-23/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    - Ice Lance's damage has been increased by 20%.
    - Waterbolt's damage has been increased by 10%.
    Woot woot! Kinda surprised they buffed IL and not FFB from Brain Freeze, and also kinda upset they didn't buff our 4P, but whatever, buffs!
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

15+ Year Old Account
    [Notice] The class changes and Heroic Norushen hotfixes will take effect during tomorrow's realm restarts on September 24.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    [Notice] The class changes and Heroic Norushen hotfixes will take effect during tomorrow's realm restarts on September 24.
    Well, y-yeah, of course, but still! BUFFS!
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Might be addressing the concerns that FoF/IL didn't feel like worth using under specific conditions. The water elemental buff probably indicates they wanted to buff PvE a bit more than PvP. In total, this is a 3%-4% buff, which should bring my character back quite close to the same power as in 5.3, although with the added DPS from the legendary cloak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Woot woot! Kinda surprised they buffed IL and not FFB from Brain Freeze, and also kinda upset they didn't buff our 4P, but whatever, buffs!
    Are the buffs enough to actually bring the specc up to Arcane/Fire then? 3-4% Seems a bit low to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    Are the buffs enough to actually bring the specc up to Arcane/Fire then? 3-4% Seems a bit low to be honest.
    I don´t think its enough, yes its a buff but these 20/10 % cant get Arcane/Fire .. aslong the Mastery isnt fixed

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Well, the Ice Lance buff was needed due to it becoming obsolete in the rotation. I'm surprised by the Water Elemental buff though.

I would have like a Brain Freeze buff, cause I like big numbers

Deleted
    From my Point of View, its seem like a little buff because the Ice Lance buff, is great but the Water Elemental, im not sure if this was needed. If i'am wrong, correct me

Quote Originally Posted by polarthief View Post
    source: http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...-september-23/
    - ice lance's damage has been increased by 20%.
    - waterbolt's damage has been increased by 10%.
    woot woot! Kinda surprised they buffed il and not ffb from brain freeze, and also kinda upset they didn't buff our 4p, but whatever, buffs!
    Water elemental just went splooge!
    Now they need to look at the 4p
    Last edited by pyrostorm9001; 2013-09-24 at 08:29 AM.

Deleted
    It's a needed buff, now it's ridiculous frost damage [0], only fights you can go as frost without being a joke is galakras/spoils. Still is gonna be the worst spec but for those who don't like to use fire/arcane will be nice.

[0] http://www.raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overa...00000000000000 (I know is not science 100% but this is it)

Yeah I am pretty sure this is to address the "it's a DPS loss to cast Ice Lance" thing

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yeah I am pretty sure this is to address the "it's a DPS loss to cast Ice Lance" thing
    I'm willing to bet they did it like this cause of PvP.. Sure they needed to fix IL not being casted, but changing anything else might have made PvP skewed to another direction. This was the easiest way to fix both for now, and you can always buff ice lance more

Buffing lance more (beyond the already announced) will only breed "but i got killed in 1 DF" whining it needs to be added elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yep.
    I see 3 purposes for this change:
    1. IL don't worth casting
    2. PvP - both burst and sustained
    3. PvE

All number include Icicles !
    On single target:
    BF-FFB > FoF-IL >> FB (+10% > FoF-IL > -35%)

On 2+ targets:
    FoF-IL > BF-FFB >> FB (FoF-IL > -12% > -50%)

After 70% mastery, BF-FFB > FoF-IL on 2+ targets.
    FB is always at -15% or more.

In the scaling:
    IL +20% -- big buff to intel value and haste through BF proc and 2pT16.
    WB +10% -- buff to everything, it help scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very happy. Get my legendary cape this reset and Frost was great in raid last night! Thank you Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Salystra View Post
    Buffing lance more (beyond the already announced) will only breed "but i got killed in 1 DF" whining it needs to be added elsewhere.
    The easiest for them to buff currently is probably WE. It by nature only affects frost, and it doesn't contribute to burst in any way. Quite possible that's why they buffed it already.

IL buff is fairly obvious why it happened, at least if you followed recent frost discussions.

Yay buffs for the spec I love. I asked this question about a week ago before the buffs. Back then it was ok to get rid of the T 15 4 set as quickly as you can does that change now with the buff to ice lance?

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    Very happy. Get my legendary cape this reset and Frost was great in raid last night! Thank you Blizzard!
    The buffs were not yet applied then. They were today though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jccallah View Post
    Yay buffs for the spec I love. I asked this question about a week ago before the buffs. Back then it was ok to get rid of the T 15 4 set as quickly as you can does that change now with the buff to ice lance?
    It was then when IL was stronger and it still is. Both T15 and T16 have just awful 4P bonuses.

The 2P is okay from T15, but T16 has an INCREDIBLE 2P. Be sure to get it asap.

Deleted
    I know its a bit petty of me, and I should be gratful, but I'm honestly annoyed. The problems with Frost were foreseeable during PTR, never adressed at all by Blizzard; during all the time they tested the new mastery they barely ever considered our endgame output. NOW they apply a bandaid that is only just enough to bring a single spell back from being utterly unusable, without adressing the problems this specific spell has in terms of scaling, and likely not even getting close to bringing the specc back to competetive level in PvE.

All of this in the third week of progress, when people have finally accepted the situation as it stood. It's honestly awful to see this all play out like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilya View Post
    I know its a bit petty of me, and I should be gratful, but I'm honestly annoyed. The problems with Frost were foreseeable during PTR, never adressed at all by Blizzard; during all the time they tested the new mastery they barely ever considered our endgame output. NOW they apply a bandaid that is only just enough to bring a single spell back from being utterly unusable, without adressing the problems this specific spell has in terms of scaling, and likely not even getting close to bringing the specc back to competetive level in PvE.

All of this in the third week of progress, when people have finally accepted the situation as it stood. It's honestly awful to see this all play out like this.
    Welcome to MoP! You must be new here where Blizzard hotfixes Mages weeks into content, EVERY TIER. -_-

Don't worry, 6.0 will fix it!