Thread: Resto T16 4pc

Resto T16 4pc

Does it only work on single target heals or any targeted heal like for example Chain Heal?

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=145380

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    "all cast time targeted healing spells" which would include then hw, ghw, hs and chainheal. No rain, no rip, no totems.

Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    "all cast time targeted healing spells" which would include then hw, ghw, hs and chainheal. No rain, no rip, no totems.
    This is correct. Lifeingroup5 has a nice "guide" on this:

4-piece (Spiritwalker’s Grace will also summon a spiritual version of yourself that will mimic all cast time targeted spells for 15 sec):

• T15 4pc will summon a pet called a Spirit Champion (or a “Spirit Bro”), who will duplicate your heals during the duration of Spiritwalker’s Grace.
    • Glyph of Spiritwalker’s Grace will extend your Spirit Champion’s presence by 5 seconds, which, if you’re going for maximum throughput, is going to be a good Major Glyph contender for this tier.
    • Eligible Spirit Champion heals include: Chain Heal, Healing Surge, Greater Healing Wave, and Healing Wave.
    • NO DUPLICATES FOR YOU: Healing Rain, Riptide (application and hot), Unleash Life, Earth Shield, Ancestral Awakening, Earthliving, Spirit of Chi Ji, Healing Stream Totem, Healing Tide Totem, and trinket procs will not be duplicated.
    • Ascendance does not duplicate the healing from Spirit Champions (and visa versa). Likewise, summoning a Spirit Bro while in Ascendance will not empower your Bro with Ascendance as well. (Wouldn’t that have been OP?!)
    • Ancestral Guidance does not duplicate the healing from Spirit Champions (and visa versa)

Thanks very much! Any idea if the elemental buffs empower it at all?

Deleted
    Is it duplicating the heal now?
    I remember when it was bugged on ptr and healed only 20% of it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schabs View Post
    Is it duplicating the heal now?
    I remember when it was bugged on ptr and healed only 20% of it
    I tested the t16 4pc yesterday and it copies around 30% of the healing. Also according to combat log, it didn't copy every heal but just a few. Seems buggy and very weak to me so I'm still using t16 2pc & t15 2pc

I'm not sure if it was a bug or an actual intended effect on the PTR, but based on logs from Flex last night, the 4pc was still duplicating only a fraction of the originating heal:

[00:07:44.387] Restac Healing Surge Restac +23418 (O: 0, O: 59631)
    [00:07:45.162] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Snuglz +*26320* (O: 0, O: 35981) = ~38% of source (but the duplicate can crit so it did 2x)

[00:07:45.597] Restac Healing Surge Restac +*0* (O: 0, O: 165544)
    [00:07:46.364] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Cyus +*19803* (O: 0, O: 33849) = ~32% of source

[00:07:46.892] Restac Healing Surge Restac +*0* (O: 0, O: 165206)
    [00:07:47.564] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Emmawatson +*41580* (O: 0, O: 15884) = ~35% of source

[00:07:49.575] Restac Healing Surge Partyhats +0 (O: 0, O: 82359)
    [00:07:50.399] Spirit Champion Healing Surge Bubbleszz +28894 (O: 0) = ~35% of source
    So, on average, you're looking at maybe 30-35% the throughput of your source heals (remembering that things like Restorative Mists, AG, totems, hots, HR, etc. will not be duplicated). In the log above, using HS spam for the duration, the Spirit Champ did 316,641 raw healing, which translated to 0.6% of the Shaman's raw throughput over a 4-minute encounter. Even being generous and assuming 1% effective per usage, and that the shaman used the bonus twice within the timeframe, 2% bonus healing is is still a very low contribution for a final tier bonus.

For me personally, this means I'm not going to prioritize 4pc. I'd rather see our teammates on the Prot token put it to better use than claim 1-2% EHPS is essential to my own performance. (Now, if this gets changed and we start seeing Spirit Bros duplicating the entire heal, you can bet your arse that 4pc will be on my shopping list).

Yeah, it either needs to apply to all healing*, or needs to duplicate the full effect of the heals it already applies to. Right now, it's just seems too underwhelming, and considering how poorly itemized most of our tier is, not worth the hit in crit/haste.

*Some quick back-of-the-napkin math shows that this effect would be about a ~4% HPS increase (12.5% uptime x 33% duplication = ~4%). Of course, this doesn't take cooldown stacking into account, but this wouldn't be too terribly OP for an end-of-Xpac 4-piece. Especially considering that you would have to take some spirit/mastery gear to get it.

Deleted
    I just tested the setbonus and it seems that it doesn't copy a fixed percentage of the healing but instead has its own scaling which is really poor.

Results for Healing wave with full gear:
    85160 heal, 19382 copied (~23%)
    84327 heal, 19326 copied (~23%)
    80902 heal, 19745 copied (~24%)

Results for Healing wave with only the 4 setpieces equiped and nothing else:
    27464 heal, 14537 copied (~53%)
    26452 heal, 14610 copied (~55%)
    24921 heal, 15137 copied(~61%)

I hope this is a bug...

I have not done the number crunching itself but I compared heroic fights for this week (with 4pc) to heroic fights compared last week (no 4pc) and it is shameful. The amount of healing that T15 2pc does significantly outheals what your copy does and with a lot of moving fights, Blizz "forcing" us to blow a 2min cd that is normally used with Ascen/AG is horrible. I am def going back to T15 2pc. Right now WOL does not take the healing from T16 4pc so I am going off Skada so e.g. one fight my spirit only did 300k -_- whereas last week T15 2pc did about 2mil. IDGI! Same thing with T15 4pc. Even T16 2pc is somewhat week depending on your tank comp (lolblooddkfml). I guess this is what we get for having such powerful stacking heals (which I think is irrelevant bc Blizz made us that way, but druids are almost if not on par comparable) and an "op arsenal" of cds. I call bs.

I admit, we heal a LOT and it blows my mind when we do however when I'm not top heals on a fight I should be because a disc priest's T16 bonuses are amazing, there is a problem....

/banter

Quote Originally Posted by Keggle View Post
    I have not done the number crunching itself but I compared heroic fights for this week (with 4pc) to heroic fights compared last week (no 4pc) and it is shameful. The amount of healing that T15 2pc does significantly outheals what your copy does and with a lot of moving fights, Blizz "forcing" us to blow a 2min cd that is normally used with Ascen/AG is horrible. I am def going back to T15 2pc. Right now WOL does not take the healing from T16 4pc so I am going off Skada so e.g. one fight my spirit only did 300k -_- whereas last week T15 2pc did about 2mil. IDGI! Same thing with T15 4pc. Even T16 2pc is somewhat week depending on your tank comp (lolblooddkfml). I guess this is what we get for having such powerful stacking heals (which I think is irrelevant bc Blizz made us that way, but druids are almost if not on par comparable) and an "op arsenal" of cds. I call bs.

I admit, we heal a LOT and it blows my mind when we do however when I'm not top heals on a fight I should be because a disc priest's T16 bonuses are amazing, there is a problem....

/banter
    The 4pc does show up in WOL; it shows up as a pet. Expand your name on the healing done view, and it will show healing done by the Spirit Champion.

You also can't just compare how much healing T15 2pc does with T16 4pc in a vacuum. You also have to factor in how much healing the additional stats that you get from using 2 higher ilvl pieces of T16 give you over using 2 lower ilvl pieces of T15. Heroic upgraded T16 (ilvl 574) is a 31 ilvl upgrade over heroic upgraded T15 (ilvl 543). Normal mode tier is a similar gap (ilvl 530 vs ilvl 561). The INT gain from 31 item level upgrades on 2 pieces is alone likely to add more throughput than the T15 2pc does (usually is about 2%), let alone the other secondary stats.

That said, using T16 4pc means being forced to use 3 mastery pieces, so the way to go is to get 2 pc and then use Spirit/Crit or Spirit/Haste itemized offset pieces to fill the slots. T15 2pc is not worth keeping over 31 ilvl upgrades.

Deleted
    So ideally we'd want to use the tier helm and gloves and rest offpieces with either crit or haste?

Yes, that is probably the BiS setup unless/until they do something about how awful 4 piece is.