[Movie] Five Night At Freddy's [Spoilers]

So the movie finally released.
    Just finished watching it and frankly... I enjoyed it. You can tell there's care in the movie. Scott Cawthon were of course involved, but landing at Blumhouse certainly was a good choice.

Quite faithful, but just like the books it's more of a reimagining of the same events. Some things are changed, mostly to make some connections simpler for brevity. Like Vanessa being Aftons daughter helps making their connection and relationship quicker to understand than the whole brainwashed through VR Games bit. Other than that it's mostly the first 4 games with the ending you probably suspect if you know the games.
    Sets it up for a sequel if they want to make one.

For being a game adaptation it's on the better end certainly. Is it amazing on it's own though? Nah, but 6/10 for that imo.
    If you are a fan of the lore and story, at least for me, it's a 8/10. Then again I also enjoy movies like these that have more of out there ideas with heart.
    Probably why I stuck with the FnaF universe without even playing any of the games for so long.

After seeing the easter egg with matpat I thought for sure we would've seen Dawko as well, or even Markiplier but frankly not.
    I'm sure some other name in the fnaf community will be in the 2nd movie if there is one.

Thought there was a thread, and there was, but a very out of date one from 2015 when WB were the publishers. Figured a new thread is warranted.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2023-10-27 at 07:05 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

I'm going to see it today! Really happy they decided to combine ideas from ALL the FNAF games, rather than sticking to just one. I just hope there's some substance to the overall premise, because when a game franchise has been around for as long as FNAF, everyone kind of already knows the story by heart and so it's harder to properly get into it in movie format. It's a great opportunity to surprise though, and if, as you say, there's some deviation from events shown in the game, then I'm very excited to see it.