Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    An entire expansion in the sky. Think bioshock infinite where a steampunk vibe is added to the game.

-Legion takes over the entire elemental plane of air, puts their own twist to it.
    -Alakir's successor is now under Kil'jadens command.
    -We have to defeat the various armies of fel air demons.
    -idk, we team up with earth and water elementals, with horde getting anmorphized earth race, while alliance gets water. Like worgen, they switch from elemental models to humanoid models.

This sounds like something completely new, which can fit this expansion name.
    That...actually would be pretty cool. I wouldn't mind that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Heroes of the Storm
    Heroes of the Storm
    Into this realm we're born
    Into this quest we're thrown
    Like a map without a zone
    We'll queue for raids alone.
    Heroes of the Storm

/Morrison mode
    nice one xD
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

i dont believe that interview. sounds like bullshit to me.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    If this is legitimately the title for the next WoW expansion, all I can say is wow. That's just horrible o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Names don't matter. I bet a lot of you watch that dumb pony show and don't look at how pathetically sounding the name is.

now i know why it sounded like bullshit.

that interview was before they even demoed the game

"The development of the title was "completely rebooted" in 2011, according to Blizzard senior game designer Jonny Ebbert.[6] It was demoed in October 2011 at BlizzCon 2011.[7] The gameplay was described as "fast" and "streamlined", compared to the version shown in 2010.[8][9]"

so again there has been no reboot as far as we know when it comes to the information we have about all stars
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Names don't matter.
    the name will be associated with their brand for 2 years and be apart of the wow legacy. Of course the name matters, especially if they want to lure subs back. Would you come back for World of Warcraft : Pony Express, or would you come back for World of Warcraft : Bad Ass Name.

So, yeah.. the name matters.
    Hi

Removed? I can't find app anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by intrinsc View Post
    Names don't matter. I bet a lot of you watch that dumb pony show and don't look at how pathetically sounding the name is.
    Lol'd.

Anyway, I like the name. But it shouldn't matter. You play for the content right? Not the name. And WoW: HotS sounds quite nice. Do you guys know what "mop" means in romanian? This (and it reflects my opinion on the current expansion perfectly):

Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Removed? I can't find app anymore.
    Just checked, still there. Make sure you're searching trademarks, not patents

Quote Originally Posted by Freaky Fred View Post
    Lol'd.

Anyway, I like the name. But it shouldn't matter. You play for the content right? Not the name. And WoW: HotS sounds quite nice. Do you guys know what "mop" means in romanian? This (and it reflects my opinion on the current expansion perfectly)
    That's what it means in English too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darrowshire View Post
    Then why wouldn't the WoW TCG or the 60 day game cards be trademarked? None of them are games.
    I don't quite follow, but it's late so that could be a problem on my end. If it hypothetically is a booster/expansion for Hearthstone then it would be a game would it not? Essentially something along the lines of the Hutt Cartel expansion for SWTOR or new Souls in Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Storm, as in a Sea Storm.
    Mattafakkin Azshara.
    Storm, as in Fire Storm.
    Mattafakkin Ragnaros

Storm, as in a blustery day.
    Mattafakkin Autumn

Storm, as in Storm.
    Mattafakkin X-Men
    His name is Robert Paulsen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    That's what it means in English too.
    Well now, you learn something new every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hero of the storm I am ready

Sounds like a Hearthstone thing to me.

Wouldn't put much stock into the descriptions found on the site, as they're not consistent from game to game.

Hearthstone, a game meant to be on mobile platforms: "Computer game software; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program."

Reaper of Souls, a physical release expansion similar to a WoW expansion: "Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game programs."

Heroes of the Storm: "Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs."

Why have that line there, specifically for a supposed WoW expansion? That fits with Reaper of Souls too, as you can play that on a laptop. Hell, that applies even more to Hearthstone, since you can literally play that on a mobile phone and tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Wouldn't put much stock into the descriptions found on the site, as they're not consistent from game to game.

Hearthstone, a game meant to be on mobile platforms: "Computer game software; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program."

Reaper of Souls, a physical release expansion similar to a WoW expansion: "Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game programs."

Heroes of the Storm: "Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs."

Why have that line there, specifically for a supposed WoW expansion? That fits with Reaper of Souls too, as you can play that on a laptop. Hell, that applies even more to Hearthstone, since you can literally play that on a mobile phone and tablet.
    You are correct, and just to add the file for Blizzard All Stars says "Computer game software, computer game discs, computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices, interactive multimedia computer game program"
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

pure speculation, but what if it is a South Seas expansion and they introduce a pirate style class like swashbuckler, privateer, or buccaneer? Or these could be the names of the specs?

This would introduce the much needed ranged physical dps to compliment hunters and provide competition for ranged weapons, yet another melee dps class, and another tank.

And before you say it is stupid and they would never introduce a pirate class...many players are in the midst of playing an expansion themed around pandas that were initially introduced as a joke.

Not an active player anymore anyway so I really don't care...but I was just surprised no one even mentioned south seas with a name like "Heroes of the Storm"

edit: oh and South Seas would involve Azshara as well...and to me she is the most logical next step for blizzard....ijs
    Last edited by amtrabi87; 2013-09-25 at 08:03 AM.

Also, assuming this is real, this is a calculated move by Blizzard. They know we're going to find any trademark applications almost immediately. They did this on purpose, but why?

Why New Zealand? Why reveal their expansion name with a month and a half still to go until Blizzcon? They've used the Madrid Protocol before, why not now? The same questions were asked with The Dark Below.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by amtrabi87 View Post
    pure speculation, but what if it is a South Seas expansion and they introduce a pirate style class like swashbuckler, privateer, or buccaneer? Or these could be the names of the specs?
    That's essentially what a Combat Rogue is supposed to be.

This is not the next WoW expansion name, its confirmed. The name is so bad for an WoW expansion that it confirmed itself.