Monitor goes into Power Save mode during MMO load screens

Hello All,
    I have a Dell 2220T monitor and have had this issue for a while. Not exactly sure when it started, honestly. But now, every time I am playing an MMO (currently playing FFXIV) and I get a loading screen, my monitor goes in to power save mode and the screen goes black. As soon as the area is loaded, my monitor turns back on without any input from me. It's not really affecting gameplay or preventing me from playing or doing anything on the PC, it's just annoying. I just want to know how to stop the monitor from going black during loading screens.

Anyone had similar issues or have any ideas?

Edit: Still looking for any insight. I've researched this online and can't find anything that relates to this problem, only thing that point to video card or power supply overheating during "gaming" in general. But this only happens during loading screens, mostly in MMOs, when there isn't any activity being displayed or rendered. I can stare at a blank wall in a game for hours and it doesn't do it, but 2 seconds into a loading screen my monitor fades to black and as soon as the "game" is loaded, the screen comes right back up.
    Last edited by Katchii; 2013-09-26 at 04:11 PM.

Any ideas? Anyone? Any insight whatsoever would be appreciated.

check page 5 of the manual, under power management modes, and see what you have yours set at

http://www.dell.com/support/Manuals/...t/dell-st2220t

That's really odd. I have a few ideas that might help, then again, they might not.
    Try resetting the monitor back to factory settings via the on screen display.

Some monitors have power setting programmed into them. You could search through the On Screen Display menu to see what yours are set too. (Some monitors don't.)

Assuming that you are using a Windows operating system, you can adjust the power options so that the monitor will never sleep. Power options can be found in the control panel.

If you never allow Windows to update, I would suggest re-enabling them and allowing it to search for new updates. The monitor may have a driver update that might could fix the issue. By default Windows update might not install "non-important" updates without your consent. You can check the non-important updates field if the monitor driver was deemed non-important.
    Another way to find driver updates for your monitor is through device manager. Find the monitor icon in device manager, right click it, properties, and Update Driver.
    Last edited by Libram; 2013-09-26 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Is it an actual power save mode, or does the monitor loose the signal?

What kind of gpu is feeding that monitor and on what operating system, also what gpu driver version are you using? Have you tried using a different monitor cable type? Are you using a some sort of gpu clock/temp monitoring program? Also the monitor seems to be a touchscreen that requires it's own drivers for the touch functionality to work does it have the problem with/without the drivers installed?

Deleted
    Try switching the game from whichever mode it's in now to one of Fullscreen, Windowed or Windowed (fullscreen) to see if that takes care of it.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen dying video cards do that. If you have another to test out, give that a go. Keep in mind that loading screens are loading things into the vram, so if the vram is going out, that would be when it would happen.