Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Worrying update from Syria: 13 rebel groups officially reject the SNC

I just heard this and I felt like sharing the news with you guys.
    Mods feel free to move it if you want but I felt this deserved its own thread since, at least in my opinion this is pretty big news.

http://m.nationalreview.com/corner/3...-form-islamist
    Apparently, 13 rebel groups have officially (they went as far as signing a document) rejected the SNC, the Syrian national coalition, aka what the west supports. Now these arent only jihadists and wackos, there's also more moderate groups that got involved.

We can clearly see now where this is going. My question is:

How dedicated are we, the west, in supporting the FSA? Are we willing to send troops on the front lines, since that's the only way to make sure the FSA doesn't get slaughtered once assad is toppled?
    Or perhaps, is a sudden change of direction to be expected, since it looks pretty clear how the only solution to this religious war developing in Syria is a strong force like assad keeping the extremists out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I just heard this and I felt like sharing the news with you guys.
    Mods feel free to move it if you want but I felt this deserved its own thread since, at least in my opinion this is pretty big news.

http://m.nationalreview.com/corner/3...-form-islamist
    Apparently, 13 rebel groups have officially (they went as far as signing a document) rejected the SNC, the Syrian national coalition, aka what the west supports. Now these arent only jihadists and wackos, there's also more moderate groups that got involved.

We can clearly see now where this is going. My question is:

How dedicated are we, the west, in supporting the FSA? Are we willing to send troops on the front lines, since that's the only way to make sure the FSA doesn't get slaughtered once assad is toppled?
    Or perhaps, is a sudden change of direction to be expected, since it looks pretty clear how the only solution to this religious war developing in Syria is a strong force like assad keeping the extremists out?
    Just go ahead and start the war Murica...we all know what you asked is impossible, it is even getting embarassing to watch your president act righteous when he knows it won´t happen in the end.
    Specially in a country in turmoil. No full disclosure or open books (allegedly) will ever be enough.

I have no love for these types of groups, i am a simple white dude from europe, but why the bloody hell is it okay for Israel to have everything they want and more, but not the brown countries?

Don't provoke with "murica" and "brown countries"
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-09-26 at 01:58 PM.

Deleted
    This war will probably turn into something similar to Lebanon, which lasted for approx. 15 years xO

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lebanon_Civil_War

With so many different groups fighting, there will not be a quick solution to this war and Assad's forces are still pretty strong and can continue for a long time I reckon.
    I don't care about the US but I do hope the EU won't involve itself in this war, all sides are too horrible to support.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayo View Post
    I don't care about the US but I do hope the EU won't involve itself in this war, all sides are too horrible to support.
    Even if the EU twats dont involve themselves the US is enough to cause a major incident and in the least skyrocket the natural gas prices. And even petrol, just cause.
    I really cant take sides in this, but the rebels seem even worse than what is in power now

Infracted: Please don't start intercontinental flame wars and don't be insulting towards entire nations.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2013-09-26 at 05:52 PM.

The civil war will continue to drag on while more and more refugees with questionable background pour into Europe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    The civil war will continue to drag on while more and more refugees with questionable background pour into Europe.
    You guys need a wall. Just build it right across where the Ottoman empire used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    You guys need a wall. Just build it right across where the Ottoman empire used to be.
    Greece made a wall. Now the refugees drown in the sea on rafts and old fishing boats.

The EU needs to put pressure on Turkey to keep them there and not send them to us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why exactly is it the West's responsibility to keep half of the Syrians from killing the other half? Honestly, if anyone is to blame it is England. When they pulled out of the Middle East (and India) they intentionally partitioned the region to stick disparate groups together in the same countries. The results we have today were what the British intended. The locals killing each other for decades rather then reintigrating into another pan-middle eastern islamic empire again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Sell "vacation" packages to American rednecks. They can stand on the borders that these refugees are crossing and shoot anything that moves. You'd solve the EU burget crisis in a few months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    Sell "vacation" packages to American rednecks. They can stand on the borders that these refugees are crossing and shoot anything that moves. You'd solve the EU burget crisis in a few months.
    My humanitarian side is thinking about what a horrible thing that would be.

My American side is wondering which rifle I'd bring...

It's a hillarious solution. Some of those kids in the deep south of america spend more time practicing with their rifles then alcoholics spend drinking.

Stick a few of those families on the border with clear lanes of fire over an empty plain and problem is so solved.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account

I'd recommend an AK-47 of anything that fires 7.62mm rounds. You're going to go through a lot of ammo, and you'll want to use one that can easily be sourced locally.

Deleted
    Can Assad hurry up and slaughter them already? Jeez.

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    Can Assad hurry up and slaughter them already? Jeez.
    this, please. these "people" are not the types that should have any power, let alone a whole damn country.

evacuate the civilians and let syria be an assad vs jihadist thunderdome. truly the only option at this point, too bad it really isnt possible
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    evacuate the civilians and let syria be an assad vs jihadist thunderdome. truly the only option at this point, too bad it really isnt possible
    To be honest, there isn't really a challenge. Assad would have ended this 2 years ago if it wasn't for us, the west, supporting and arming the rebels.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It's a hillarious solution. Some of those kids in the deep south of america spend more time practicing with their rifles then alcoholics spend drinking.

Stick a few of those families on the border with clear lanes of fire over an empty plain and problem is so solved.
    Which problem, the civil war or the gun nuts?

Deleted
    Both sides are wrong. We just have to decide which side is worse and bomb those.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Just go ahead and start the war Murica...we all know what you asked is impossible, it is even getting embarassing to watch your president act righteous when he knows it won´t happen in the end.
    Specially in a country in turmoil. No full disclosure or open books (allegedly) will ever be enough.

I have no love for these types of groups, i am a simple white dude from europe, but why the bloody hell is it okay for Israel to have everything they want and more, but not the brown countries?
    Brown countries? What might you be referring to?

These are Israelis:

These are Syrians:

Stop making this about the color of their skin.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Yeah, I totally trust that site. More propaganda /yawn

Considering that large areas of northern Syria is now under Sunni control where they keep executing random bypassers they deem "polytheistic" news like this is pretty obvious.

Many of us have for the longest time talked about this.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988