Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Questions for US- Bloodscalp/ Bulderfist residents

Questions for anyone playing on these servers that are now connected. How did it work out? Anything interesting aside from it now just being a gigantic CRZ between the two servers?

I don't know if I'd call it "a gigantic CRZ" tbh. I mean for one, the AH size has literally doubled and has much better selection now than it did before. There is definitely a much more noticeable population in major cities and trade chat, not seen how zones (especially places like isle) is working out just yet due to a restart. Also like every guild is doing recruitment now that there is that influx of people.

However, all that I kind of expected. The big question is will these changes STAY or not. It's something new for people, so of course more people are going to log on and try it out. TBH I actually re-subbed mainly because of this connected realm thing and praying it would bring life back into my server, get guilds/raids (that fit with my tight schedule) going again, etc.

Right now it looks promising... in a couple weeks? Who knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomec View Post
    I don't know if I'd call it "a gigantic CRZ" tbh. I mean for one, the AH size has literally doubled and has much better selection now than it did before. There is definitely a much more noticeable population in major cities and trade chat, not seen how zones (especially places like isle) is working out just yet due to a restart. Also like every guild is doing recruitment now that there is that influx of people.

However, all that I kind of expected. The big question is will these changes STAY or not. It's something new for people, so of course more people are going to log on and try it out. TBH I actually re-subbed mainly because of this connected realm thing and praying it would bring life back into my server, get guilds/raids (that fit with my tight schedule) going again, etc.

Well that is good to hear, but I agree people have to stick around for this feature to succeed. With out them the servers will become empty once again.

I currently play on Both Illidan & Stormrage so I wont be able to truely experience these changes, but maybe if Illidan does get connected to others servers more 25 mans will open up.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Well that sounds great. Sounds like it was essentially a server merger. Also what CRZ should have started as.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Well that sounds great. Sounds like it was essentially a server merger. Also what CRZ should have started as.
    Well, CRZ and server merges are a bit different (also, connected realms was always just a server merge, so seeing it have the results of a server merge isn't surprising) in what they're trying to fix. In fact, even in connected realms I think CRZ will still be activated.

How does mailing between the two realms work? To: xxxxx-Bloodscalp??

Does this also mean mailing boa across all other realms will also work?

Quote Originally Posted by raindance View Post
    How does mailing between the two realms work? To: xxxxx-Bloodscalp??

Does this also mean mailing boa across all other realms will also work?
    Don't know about the first question, but I assume how that works.

But no, not across all realms. Only across realms that are connected.

Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Don't know about the first question, but I assume how that works.

But no, not across all realms. Only across realms that are connected.
    Yeah, I'd imagine that's how it works, only makes sense to have it function similar to the whisper command in that regard though I suppose I could make a character on both realms just to test.

I tried out the mailing

I'm on boulderfist, made a bloodscalp toon, it works like this, the recipient is "name"-bloodscalp

and when you check the mail on your bloodscalp toon, you see "sender"-boulderfist

I really hope this works out and expands soon. Dragonmaw us alliance is so dead, you cant even buy anything in the ah and i'm too cheap to server transfer out. I just hope they take faction balance into consideration cause the horde side is still somewhat populated on dragonmaw.

Quote Originally Posted by barkong View Post
    I just hope they take faction balance into consideration
    While they may have backpedaled from it since I checked last... last I heard they didn't really care about it. It may be on a list of things to look at, but they look at "more important" things first. In fact, on both Bloodscalp and Boulderfist, the Horde HEAVILY dominated... and now on Bloodyfist it's going to be even worse.

That said, while I feel for people on the "wrong" faction in an imbalanced realm, it's not like much will change with this in terms of that. But you WILL get a lot more players and a better AH and stuff. Which is a plus no matter how you look at it. Trying to "balance" realms is just icing on the cake, and possibly more of a headache than they may want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    I tried out the mailing

I'm on boulderfist, made a bloodscalp toon, it works like this, the recipient is "name"-bloodscalp

and when you check the mail on your bloodscalp toon, you see "sender"-boulderfist
    Yep, works exactly like that, pretty much as one would expect it to work.

Quote Originally Posted by barkong View Post
    I really hope this works out and expands soon. Dragonmaw us alliance is so dead, you cant even buy anything in the ah and i'm too cheap to server transfer out. I just hope they take faction balance into consideration cause the horde side is still somewhat populated on dragonmaw.
    Same, I'd love to play on the server I started on in Vanilla but Alliance is practically non-existent on Guldan-US and Horde is nearly as bad. According to warcraftrealms.com(as inaccurate as the site is) there was a total 9 Alliance and 265 Horde when the last parse was done.

While they may have backpedaled from it since I checked last... last I heard they didn't really care about it. It may be on a list of things to look at, but they look at "more important" things first. In fact, on both Bloodscalp and Boulderfist, the Horde HEAVILY dominated... and now on Bloodyfist it's going to be even worse.

That said, while I feel for people on the "wrong" faction in an imbalanced realm, it's not like much will change with this in terms of that. But you WILL get a lot more players and a better AH and stuff. Which is a plus no matter how you look at it. Trying to "balance" realms is just icing on the cake, and possibly more of a headache than they may want.
    I guess you are right, i'm more worried about not having anything in the ah, gold is so useless when theres nothing to buy, i'm not the kind of person that would farm for my mats. I'm just worried about future questing zones like timeless isle. But at least rares arent faction tagged and only world bosses are.

I tried out the mailing

So in a way we get last names now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

I tried out the mailing

I see a potentially huge problem in the mailing system.

I created a character on Boulderfist whose name was already in use on Bloodscalp.

I created another character on Bloodscalp to send mail to by new toon on Boulderfist (who's name is taken on Bloodscalp).

I inadvertently mailed it to the unknown toon on Bloodscalp, because I didn't include the -Boulderfist (hyphen Boulderfist) after my alts name. Someone got a free furry paw and some copper due to my testing!
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-09-26 at 04:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I see a potentially huge problem in the mailing system.

I created a character on Boulderfist whose name was already in use on Bloodscalp.

I created another character on Bloodscalp to send mail to by new toon on Boulderfist (who's name is taken on Bloodscalp).

I inadvertently mailed it to the unknown toon on Bloodscalp, because I didn't include the -Boulderfist (hyphen Boulderfist) after my alts name. Someone got a free furry paw and some copper due to my testing!
    I can see how that would be a problem for people to get used to, and perhaps an update by blizz should be made to let people know how that is working before they start getting a massive influx of tickets.

On another note any massive or glaring bugs anyone notice, such as problems making groups for any dungeons or weird phasing issues?

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    So in a way we get last names now.
    Haha, never really thought of it that way, but yeah, kind of. Only we're apparently married because we hyphenate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm kinda bummed they haven't merged the forums. Shared forums seems way more useful for networking for community stuff than two separate ones.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I'm kinda bummed they haven't merged the forums. Shared forums seems way more useful for networking for community stuff than two separate ones.
    This makes so much sense, i suppose they wait with the forum merge until they sort the realm merge. and im so jealous:/ want my server to be merged!

10+ Year Old Account

They could just link 2 Alliance Servers to Bloodyfist after the fact, right now is get the right population for the servers than mesh them with a server or 2 of the opposing faction that match well with them.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-09-26 at 06:06 PM.