How much haste with AoC?

I have the flex AoC trinket and with the reduced cd on FoF and EB I can drop some haste for other secondary stats. When I run Simulationcraft it still shows haste as being higher. Is simcraft taking into account the reduced cooldowns?

The scales that simcraft gives me are:
    13.69 Wdps
    9.54 Hit
    9.51 Exp
    6.54 WOHdps
    6.12 Agi
    2.84 Haste
    2.52 Crit
    2.09 AP
    1.42 Mastery

Dizzy-Zul'jin

Haste is higher until we reach softcap. AoC only lowers the softcap, not the value of haste.

what is the softcap exactly with and without AoC?

There's no specific answer. Most people will tell you it's between 7k - 9.5k depending on FoF usage, rotation proficiency, and movement required. AoC's energy regen from EB is roughly equivalent to what you'd get from ~1000 haste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebawls View Post
    There's no specific answer. Most people will tell you it's between 7k - 9.5k depending on FoF usage, rotation proficiency, and movement required. AoC's energy regen from EB is roughly equivalent to what you'd get from ~1000 haste.
    Only a few corrections~

You forgot to mention MS (oh god, the MS gods have hated me this patch; I'm at a lower haste than Id typically be at right now simply because I'm on a laggier connection than normal)

Also, the EB gain is closer to about 1.6k haste.

I personally would only equip and use AoC if you are very comfortable with FoF - otherwise, go with TeD/multistrike. Though, AoC's proc is very, VERY nice to pair with TeB until you have them.

I have about 9300 Haste now and I hardly ever use FoF now. Whenever I run low on energy EB is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Alysmera View Post
    Also, the EB gain is closer to about 1.6k haste.
    Depends on item level, it's about 1600 for the heroic 2/2 warforged but it's down at ~1100 for 553 and lower still for flex/lfr versions.

In my testing AoC works best with Power Strikes.. The reason is it seems to proc in line with FoF CD with the AoC trinket. The biggest problem i find with AoC is the fact that i don't have 3 chi when it comes off CD because its so short. I found that if i use Power Strikes it lines up better and you don't have to focus on stacking chi at the right moment. Now i haven't done any math on this but it feels better when i use PS with that trinket equipped

currently at 5.6k, using EB and FoF nearly on CD with normal AoC twice upgraded and I find myself energy starved for maybe 2-3 global s every minute which I've been experimenting with by trying to fill in by jumping and tapping flying serpent kick twice so it does damage but doesn't move my character

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using about 6k haste w/ Chi Brew with my HWF 2/2 AoC. Some times I'm starved, sometimes I'm capped. Generally if I'm starved I can look back and see I wasn't using FoF or Chi Wave enough to fill the gaps. If I am using RJW (Protectors, Sha of Pride, Galakras, etc) then I switch Chi Brew for Ascension which keeps me about the same as Chi Brew w/ Xuen.

I feel that AoC reduces CD on direct cooldowns of hunters, rogues, druids and shamans, but is practicaly useless for monks?

I mean yeah, 15sec of EB is nice, but even if it worth anything up to 1600 haste for 2/2 HWF (and requiring perfect use of that EB), that haste doesn't contribute to auto-attack damage and is devalued even more. And having 1k'ish haste on 580ilvl trinket doesn't look as impressive, compared to 2.5k mastery from TeD or a ~5.5% damage on Haromm. Besides, i guess that people having top-notch trinket whould have so much haste on their gear (even fully reforged out of it), that using EB on cd would be impossible.

Anybody knows what 50% increased uptime on other class CD's worth? Should i pass on that trinket in favor of other agi's?

Quote Originally Posted by unlightable View Post
    Anybody knows what 50% increased uptime on other class CD's worth? Should i pass on that trinket in favor of other agi's?
    I can't speak for all other agi users, but I know it's quite good for hunters, and out of this world amazing for rogues playing combat or sub. Combat especially, the FLEX version of the trinket upgraded 2/2 is worth over a 25k dps increase to bad juju. It has to do with how the trinket stacks with a passive called restless blades which actively reduces major cooldowns (shadow blades, adrenaline rush, killing spree, and spring) by 2s for every combo point used in a damaging finisher (eviscerate, rupture, crimson tempest). The combination of these two effectively turns Adrenaline Rush and Shadow blades from 3 min cds to ~45s cds, and killing spree to about a 25s cd. It's basically amazing for any agi spec that is heavily dependent on cooldowns... which obviously isn't monks, since our main "cooldown" isn't a cooldown at all but rather a stack generated in combat.

(My rogue is my main)
    Last edited by zurm; 2013-09-30 at 12:51 PM.

You should defenetly pass on it. There are better trinkets for us, and its just much more valueable for other classes/speccs.
    But speak with your raidmates about it

Quote Originally Posted by briswindus View Post
    In my testing AoC works best with Power Strikes.. The reason is it seems to proc in line with FoF CD with the AoC trinket. The biggest problem i find with AoC is the fact that i don't have 3 chi when it comes off CD because its so short. I found that if i use Power Strikes it lines up better and you don't have to focus on stacking chi at the right moment. Now i haven't done any math on this but it feels better when i use PS with that trinket equipped
    Do you do any content other than Naxx Patchwerk runs? I can think of so many situations in which this would get off and suddenly fail. It might feel better, but only because you're taking the lazy way out. A slight amount of preparation will allow you to pool some chi in preparation for FoF and all will be well taking Ascension.