Suggested Nazgrim LFR strat and why

So as some of you may have experienced Nazgrim is one of those bosses that make you love being inside a LFR group.
    I think it is worth posting and discussing it here (as a method to spread info) because typing and arguing in-game with randoms is simply not going to happen.

After some thinking myself, that is the best strat I could think of:

2 Phases strat -> P1 (100-13%) and P2 (13-0%)

P! (100% - 13%)
    Banner > Warshaman > Archmage > Ironblade > Assassin > Boss

If the tanks are well aware, they can handle banner alone (It has only 1m hp and tanks have constant high vengeance throughout the fight);

Tanks don't bother tanking adds at all, if anything they can random taunt non-warshamans into melee to get cleaved (No reason to not why, easy rDPS gain);

Tell people to burn warshaman in the opposite side where Nazgrim is being tanked (So totems and heals don't matter much)

Defensive stance: Simply ignore the fact it exists, as long as one player constantly fails it there is no reason to the other 24 players to stop DPS - the rage gain will be almost the same.
    Cooling off has 15s duration, the rage gain from proccing the defensive stance inbetween Cooling offs -assuming perfectly 100% downtime on the ICD- is only 45 rage. As long as the banner is kept under control and tanks swap properly he won't cast ravager.
    Reasoning being: It is almost impossible to make people not trigger that proc, warsong shouts don't even hurt in LFR and there is no reason to try to control the rage below 75 since heroic leap and banner hardly matter in LFR;

Lust on 2nd Berserker Stance if boss is around 30-40%, otherwise wait for 3rd (last before enrage) Berserker Stance.

-
    P2 (13-0%)
    Same deal as P1, only change is that now non-Warshaman mobs should be ignored.
    Very likely the 10% extra wave of adds will join the fight meanwhile others adds are still being fought and the timer to the next following wave is not delayed, which means another wave of adds is soon joining the fight. It is simply asking too much rDPS from LFR group to kill those 2-3 waves before people start dropping dead.
    By the time the snowball effects start happening, boss is close to 10% - Only 60m hp to burn, each add have 12m+ hp, for comparision. Considering all the DPS swapping it is just not worth it to kill assassins and ironblades. Archmages are arguably ok to still be killed, but still not necessary.

The tank that has just swapped off the boss starts grabbing all adds and tanking them in the other side of the room, handling the archmages interrupt/CC as priority (Warshamans should be dead).
    If a ravager spawns because the main tank has too many sundering armor and/or banners are not going down as fast as they should (because said tank was one of the main damage dealers on the banners) it should simply not matter, the boss is low enough to die in a few seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that would require at least some remains of a brain from LFR heroes :|
    PM me weird stuff :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Can be much more simpler than that:

Above 10%: both tanks on boss, dps kill shamans as soon as they spawn, cleave everything else, ignore defensive stance.
    Under 10%: 1 tank tank boss far away from the spawn point of adds, all dps focus on boss. Other tank just taunt all shamans away from boss and try to aoe aggro everything else that spawns at the back of the room.

Nazgrim is a boss destined to destroy LFR groups for at least another week to come, because it actually requires tactics that don't involve hunters tunnelvisioning on the boss.

Nazgrim is one of the most painful fights lorewise anyway, if any of the SoO bosses deserve to rack up kills on us scrublords, it's my General Nazgrim. /salute

slime

I did one attempt, in which too many died and at least half of the raid was below 70k. After the wipe, we waited for 5 mins as we kicked every individual below 70k dps. Call it elitist but it should be expected as a minimum now, we had one or two at 40-50k, hell even one on 34k.

I simply used raid warnings and people complied, the boss then went down, everyone was happy. Admittedly my co-tank was a bit useless at times, just tunnelled the boss, never picked up adds and didn't taunt at the correct amount of stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by alexday14 View Post
    Nazgrim is one of the most painful fights lorewise anyway, if any of the SoO bosses deserve to rack up kills on us scrublords, it's my General Nazgrim. /salute
    Oh, indeed. My biggest fear going into 5.4 was that Our General would be a scrub fight, glad he's going out like the boss he is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berianther View Post
    Can be much more simpler than that:

Above 10%: both tanks on boss, dps kill shamans as soon as they spawn, cleave everything else, ignore defensive stance.
    Under 10%: 1 tank tank boss far away from the spawn point of adds, all dps focus on boss. Other tank just taunt all shamans away from boss and try to aoe aggro everything else that spawns at the back of the room.
    Yeah this. I joined nazgrim as tank yesterday on 4 stacks of determination and had heard some pretty horrific stories about him. I used my brain and came up with this and we killed him with no issue. Really what is hard about him?
    Him getting to 100 rage all the time during defencive stance? Who cares.. it's better that he uses warsong in stead of ravager.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Yeah this. I joined nazgrim as tank yesterday on 4 stacks of determination and had heard some pretty horrific stories about him. I used my brain and came up with this and we killed him with no issue. Really what is hard about him?
    Him getting to 100 rage all the time during defencive stance? Who cares.. it's better that he uses warsong in stead of ravager.
    Isn't Warsong 70 and Ravager 100? If it's not my Dungeon Journal is wrong.

Main issue I have with nuking through defensive stance is that for some reason the LFR'ers refuse to move out the axes and half the raid ends up getting pretty much one shot. /sigh

Moving to avoid the axes lowers their DPS I guess, so it's just not possible; I mean... I just dunno how many times you have to say stop standing in the axes before they'll listen.

10+ Year Old Account
    The group I had just struggled with enough dps on <4 stacks of determination.

Doesn't help that you still get sub 50k dps on some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    Isn't Warsong 70 and Ravager 100? If it's not my Dungeon Journal is wrong.

Main issue I have with nuking through defensive stance is that for some reason the LFR'ers refuse to move out the axes and half the raid ends up getting pretty much one shot. /sigh

Moving to avoid the axes lowers their DPS I guess, so it's just not possible; I mean... I just dunno how many times you have to say stop standing in the axes before they'll listen.
    Hmm I may be remembering incorrectly then. I suppose it would make sense with stopping during defensive if others do too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Strategy is great, except in the LFRs I've been involved with greater than half don't even speak english, so its not really something I can communicate.

10+ Year Old Account
    LFR where the players are harder then the bosses and Normal/Heroic raiders expect everyone to know everything and LFR raiders expect to not need to know anything.

Kudos to OP for making this.

Done it on two toons this week, and both times the wipes (3 in one group, 4 in the other) weren't from lack of mechanics for the most part. It was just hitting his enrage until they were enough determination stacks. People doing 50k dps or less with 496+ gear >.> Some of them are just AFK, some of them just seem to not have any grasp at all. And sadly, nazgrim's enrage is the same in LFR as it is in normal, so it actually does seem pretty tight.

the ignoring defensive stance makes sense though... As soon as you get one ravenger in lfr (which happens every pull without fail) his rage just snowballs anyway.

Strategy: everyone in the raid go naked. Intentionally wipe 9 times. Now put your armor back on and roflstomp the encounter.