ZOTAC GTX 680 AMP! V2 2GB GDDR5 vs ASUS ROG MATRIX HD7970 3GB GDDR5

http://www.systemastore.fi/product_i...ducts_id=92538

vs

http://www.systemastore.fi/product_i...ducts_id=95715

So, heres the deal, I wanna change my GTX580 when BF4 comes out so I can get more performance. I play other games too, so lets say all around performance boost with new graphic card.

Yes, there is NVIDIA 770 serie and soon new AMD cards coming out, but these deals above just have to be noticed and after long thought I want to buy one of them, but I can't really decide, HELP ME!

I checked tests, they are both very similar with performance.

I think ASUS MATRIX have a bit better specifications compared ZOTAC one, and I am also going to overclock a bit more even though they are overclocked already to get even more performance.

Time to decide which card to buy, I think I am at 55% for AMD side, 45% for NVIDIA side, so currently I will probably buy AMD one, but I want you guys to help me decide this thing

Thanks!

My other specs: i5 2500k @ 4.4ghz, 8GB RAM, SuperFlower 550W Modular PSU.

EDIT: After all I can wait for new AMD graphic cards, but I need a good reason
    Last edited by Norther; 2013-09-26 at 09:01 AM.
    asd

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you ABSOLUTELY must take one of these, which I strongly advise against, I'd go with the 7970. BF4 is going to need memory bandwidth and cold hard memory. The 7970 has better and more of both.

If you can wait though and invest more, I'd say wait on the new AMD cards... I don't know if it is just the R9-290X, but that one is at least going to have a limited batch that come packaged with BF4...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I have read about new AMD graphic cards, and R9-280 will be around as good as regular 7970, with 300-350€ price in finland most likely. R9-290 will be probably around 400-450€, and performance somewhere between 770 and 780. R9-290X will be ultimately out of my budget, but the card will be nice.

I can invest for now about 300€~ including to sell my old GTX580, that is why I wanna look at those both cards.

After all, if I wanna go for new AMD cards, it will be R9-290, but I can not really spend that much for now.

But thanks for answer, some other people said I should go for 7970 also, probably going to buy it.
    asd

10+ Year Old Account
    The R9-290 will not be in between the 770 and 780. I don't know where you read that, but that source is very biased in favor of NVidia.

AMD is aiming it to surpass the Titan, which I can see it doing, however I'm still going to wait. We'll definitely see!

I still say wait. Besides, once these launch, the 7970 and the like will only drop more.
    "A flower.

I can always resell this ASUS MATRIX 7970 and buy new one with ofcourse a little lose of money, yeah, I already ordered it

But as far as I read and check stuff, AMD R9-290X is as good as Titan or slightly faster. I just read it is speculated that R9-290 will be between 770 and 780, closer to 780 though, but nothing is confirmed, we need tests!

R9-280 will be remade 7970 though, that is confirmed, but with slightly faster spcs.

Mantle API just worries me how much it is going to affect in BF4 and in future, that is the only reason which maybe makes me to buy new AMD card to replace this MATRIX, but that can wait.

Another thing which worries me is that how much prices will actually drop when new AMD cards are out, but I think I am fairly safe with this order.

ASUS MATRIX 7970 have some nice specifications and I will go for some overclocking to get extra performance so price/quality is very good at that card. The cheapest normal 7970 is around at 350€~ in Finland.

Finland have quite high prices on stuff compared to Germany for example.
    Last edited by Norther; 2013-09-27 at 06:41 AM.
    asd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Norther View Post
    Mantle API just worries me how much it is going to affect in BF4 and in future, that is the only reason which maybe makes me to buy new AMD card to replace this MATRIX, but that can wait.
    Mantle should work on all GCN cards, that also includes the 7xxx series. Would be a bit weird when it does work on the R9-280 and it wouldnt on the 7970.

Deleted
    I would buy the 680, it's a very solid card and that is a nice deal in Finland.

If you aren't in a hurry, I'd wait for the next Radeon cards, though. Mainly to see how they affect nVidia's prices, I personally would never buy another radeon. Then again I like to fiddle around with both Linux and Windows, and it's safe to assume that nVidia cards will perform better with SteamOS as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    I would buy the 680, it's a very solid card and that is a nice deal in Finland.

If you aren't in a hurry, I'd wait for the next Radeon cards, though. Mainly to see how they affect nVidia's prices, I personally would never buy another radeon. Then again I like to fiddle around with both Linux and Windows, and it's safe to assume that nVidia cards will perform better with SteamOS as well.
    A 7970 GHz from a typically stronger company and a higher-binned one usually as well... will be better than a 680, I assure you.
    "A flower.

AMD fanboy alert...

User was infracted for nonconstructive posting.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2013-09-27 at 07:46 PM.
    EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN. ┏(-_-)┛┗(-_- )┓┗(-_-)┛┏(-_-)┓

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I have an NVidia card, so no, incorrect.
    "A flower.