Affliction haste build, i really need help.

Hi, i have a little problem that makes me confused and i have nobody to talking this with much experience.

I have 526 ilvl Affliction warlock on silvermoon. I'm having problem about my Haste and Mastery. I know when we cap haste, our best stat is mastery. I made my haste cap which is 9778 but when i did this, my mastery reduced so much and it made me confused.

With this item level, should i go 6637 haste cap and rest of it to the mastery ( because with this cap i can increase my mastery ) or should i stay on 9778 and rest of all to the mastery ( with 9778 haste cap unfortunately i dont have anything to give my mastery ). I'm confused about this i know when my item level goes higher my mastery will increase but what do you suggest me ? Should i stay with 9778 cap or should i go 6637 haste cap. I really need some advice about this.

I alredy thank you for helping me, have a good day !

haste ,haste,haste.my friend.
    no matter how high your haste is,it will not be weaker than mastery.
    for example,my level is 561,my haste is 16000+ but according to the simc,1 haste equals 610 dps and 1 mastery equals 611 dps.
    hope my poor english makes sense to u.

Im not sure i agree with dirkhudsucker, mastery is very strong for affliction now, especially due to the way SoO is designed, and the RPPM nerf haste isnt so valuable, i stick with the 9778 haste rating then go full mastery, its working for me

Deleted
    Depends what your mastery is when you have the 9778 haste, yes haste is amazing for aff, but if you're raiding SoS, the amount of adds make mastery much more valuable, high ilvl you will go for the 13.7k haste cap, low the 9778... The more adds, the more targets... Mastery becomes amazing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dirkhudsucker View Post
    for example,my level is 561,my haste is 16000+ but according to the simc,1 haste equals 610 dps and 1 mastery equals 611 dps.
    This simply isn't true Dirk.
    Haste is certainly extremely good, but mastery is better. The last time I simmed single-target or multi-target the stat priorities looked something like:

2 Spellpower = 2 Mastery > 2 Haste >> 1 Intellect >> 2 Crit

The 2x is to emphasize gemming, for a single stat it's: Int > Spellpower = Mastery > Haste >> Crit.

As Kataru says, the more targets, the better mastery becomes, but even on single target it's better (even if by a very small amount) than haste.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait wait what? Haste output got fucking wrecked the values are like pretty low due to the whole RPPM nerf I believe you do the T1 break point or however amount of haste you can do do 9778 and so on then you enter all out mastery isn't this correct?
    Last edited by Resentful; 2013-09-27 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Wait wait what? Haste output got fucking wrecked the values are like pretty low due to the whole RPPM nerf I believe you do the T1 break point or however amount of haste you can do do 9778 and so on then you enter all out mastery isn't this correct?
    Yes. Although in high gear 9778 will be impossible and you'll go for 13737 instead.

At 526 ilvl 9778 may not be feasible (as in too high). I usually suggest to aim for a breakpoint without having Haste going over Mastery in rating. So if you can reach 9778 haste with Mastery also over 9778, you're good. If not, lower your Haste to the next highest breakpoint.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filth the Warlock View Post
    Yes. Although in high gear 9778 will be impossible and you'll go for 13737 instead.
    Right right I'm still a noob lock :P

I‘d say that breakpoint makes no differences when u hit just 1 target.and about the value of haste and mastery,u can use the simc to test,it will tell.I'd insert a image about my value if i can,which is 5.32 for mastery and 5.25 for haste when my haste is 16000 now.

Deleted
    I‘d say that breakpoint makes no differences when u hit just 1 target.and about the value of haste and mastery,u can use the simc to test,it will tell.I'd insert a image about my value if i can,which is 5.32 for mastery and 5.25 for haste when my haste is 16000 now.
    Yeah but that is purely single target where you are channeling MG with an extremely high uptime, correct?

Most fights you are either moving without KJC, or soul swapping around and not channeling as much MG anyway.

Don't just blindly base everything 100% around simcraft, it's a great tool, but you have to think realistically what each stat does for you and what each fight requires.

Deleted
    it depends on gear, in my lowly ilvl 551 gear, haste is slightly more valuable than mastery on single target, but i assume that as gear gets better, so does mastery but in general with the way a lot of encounters are in SoO, mastery will reign supreme but the way you gear for afflic hasnt really changed at all tbh, you still go for your closest haste breakpoint, usually 9778 or 13737 and then the rest into mastery, its been like that from the begining, the 9778 one will generally be what ppl go after when they start SoO but as they get gear they will be closer to the 13737 BP than the 9778, so they might as well go after that as they can reach that without loosing too much mastery.

personally, ive been forced to go after the 13737 in order to get rid of all the hit i had, couldnt do that while sticking at the 9778 as i would be sitting at 5500 hit which is a waste and if you're playing 10m you'd have to take whatever upgrade you can get your hands on, so i reached for the 13737 BP with about 11,2k mastery, and if im going to believe simcraft this was actually a single target increase by a fair amount, doubt it will be a multitarget increase tho.

So what do you guys suggest ? With this item lvl should i make 6637 Haste> Mastery build untill i go higher item lvl ? I sımmed my character on simcraft but when i sim my character, scale factors are wants me to go more haste build

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    Yeah but that is purely single target where you are channeling MG with an extremely high uptime, correct?

Most fights you are either moving without KJC, or soul swapping around and not channeling as much MG anyway.

Don't just blindly base everything 100% around simcraft, it's a great tool, but you have to think realistically what each stat does for you and what each fight requires.
    for this ,i cant agree more..

Ok well I have a question: I am a newly dinged 90 lock that really only wants to play affliction but I am getting destroyed by everyone in LFG and LFR...its sad. I can go desto and push 100k (sad but still not bad with low iLevel). So after reading this thread...do I need to push haste to cap THEN go to mastery?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ailbomb/simple

Sorry I am a noob lock but not a noob player and I am getting sick of getting rolled by everyone....even tanks it seems
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Ok well I have a question: I am a newly dinged 90 lock that really only wants to play affliction but I am getting destroyed by everyone in LFG and LFR...its sad. I can go desto and push 100k (sad but still not bad with low iLevel). So after reading this thread...do I need to push haste to cap THEN go to mastery?

Sorry I am a noob lock but not a noob player and I am getting sick of getting rolled by everyone....even tanks it seems
    I'm by no means a pro, but . . .

Just looking at your armory, you're quite a bit over the hit cap. You can reforge that into either haste and mastery. There's also a pretty big disparity between your haste and mastery values. I don't remember what the caps are below 9778, but you might want to look into it and see if you need to come up a bit to cap with haste. Maybe somebody that knows more can comment on this.

Also, a very, very big part of playing affliction is snapshotting your dots based on trinket procs. This means that the damage your dots do are based on what your spellpower, crit and haste stats (also likely mastery, but I can't think of anything that procs mastery for affliction locks) are at the time you cast them. The trinkets you have aren't very good for this. See if you can find a Darkmoon Fair Card trinket for cheap, or head into LFR and try to luck out on a Wushoolay's Lightning or a Breath of the Hydra. Lei Shen's Unerring Vision got nerfed, but it would still definitely be an upgrade to what you have now. Even older trinkets (Light of the Cosmos, Essence of Terror) would be an upgrade.

Edit: The Mithril Wristwatch actually isn't half bad. Are you timing your dot casts during its procs?
    Last edited by Doomface; 2013-09-27 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomface View Post
    I'm by no means a pro, but . . .

Just looking at your armory, you're quite a bit over the hit cap. You can reforge that into either haste and mastery. There's also a pretty big disparity between your haste and mastery values. I don't remember what the caps are below 9778, but you might want to look into it and see if you need to come up a bit to cap with haste. Maybe somebody that knows more can comment on this.

Also, a very, very big part of playing affliction is snapshotting your dots based on trinket procs. This means that the damage your dots do are based on what your spellpower, crit and haste stats (also likely mastery, but I can't think of anything that procs mastery for affliction locks) are at the time you cast them. The trinkets you have aren't very good for this. See if you can find a Darkmoon Fair Card trinket for cheap, or head into LFR and try to luck out on a Wushoolay's Lightning or a Breath of the Hydra. Lei Shen's Unerring Vision got nerfed, but it would still definitely be an upgrade to what you have now. Even older trinkets (Light of the Cosmos, Essence of Terror) would be an upgrade.
    Thanks for the feedback. Trinkets are on the top of the list now , but hard to get, but I will buy a Darkmoon Fair one tonight. I was mainly curious if my haste was too low because I have been going full mastery pretty much since I heard that mastery>haste BUT i think I need more haste than I have lol
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.